Who still drinks their beloved coffee?

mummof1

Reaction score
Every time I'm pregnant I like to see if many others still enjoy their cup a day (or maybe more) !
I have two VERY active boys , I eat pretty healthy, go to bed at a decent hour ,I just really need that extra boost my one cup or one small timmies gives me .. Anyone else ?
I wasn't a coffee drinker yet when I was pregnant with my first son then my second I didn't drink it until second trimester but this pregnancy I'm SO darn tired lol it really helps me wake up and get motivated for the day :coffee:

Absolutely! I was drinking like six cups a a day and when I found out, I dropped down to one cup a day. It was so hard to do!

Oh me too!! Definitely cut way back that's for sure lol

I still drink it, I did stop and just drank tea until about 8 weeks when the migraines started coming non-stop. I only have one cup a day but only when I have a migraine or feel one coming. Although lately I have been making a mocha because the taste of coffee hasn't been appealing to me.

I still do, only about a half a cup to 1 cup a day. My Dr. said one cup was fine. :coffee: it's hard to break routines, I certainly miss that midday cup of joe.

I drank a lot of coffee before getting pregnant. As soon as morning sickness kicked in I couldn't stand the taste so I stopped drinking it. MS is still lingering, but I will have the occasional cup, especially if I am working a night shift. But the after taste makes me feel quite sick so I have to always have mints on me if I'm going to have a cup. I miss my morning cup of coffee, but the taste is just not appealing anymore.

I dnt drink coffee no more makes me gag but im lovin my cappachinos lol

Yep I do! I wasn't a huge coffee drinker, but 1-2 cups per day. It was so hard for about 5-6 weeks, I wasn't able to drink coffee, I was too nauseous and that was the only reason. I'm starting to be able to drink it again and I will drink about 1 cup per day probably from now on. I also eat sushi (from places I feel are trustworthy), eat cold cuts (that I personally had cut) and will have a small glass of wine if offered and I feel like it. I just want to be balanced, healthy and not overly-anything, you know?

Oh yeah I totally still drink coffee and did with my first as well

I was a total caffeine addict before TTC, several cups of strong coffee a day. I cut down to two during the tww, then from finding out I was pregnant I've cut down in strength and frequency until I could go caffeine free. Thankfully as I was doing this, coffee began smelling repulsive and making me gag, so glad I was down to so little as going from all to nothing would have been horrendous! I am looking forward to a cup of coffee, but going to wait now until after first tri, figure I might as well!

I absolutely love my coffee but have cut down to one possibly two cups a week since BFP. I'm drinking a couple of cups of decaf earl grey tea instead which I've started to get used to now.

I used to love coffee, buts it's actually become an aversion to me. Just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

I was addicted to coffee before I got pregnant. A few days before I got my bfp, I suddenly couldn't stand the taste of it anymore, and at this point, even the smell of it makes my stomach churn. I can't imagine ever liking coffee again...we'll see what happens!

Oh heck yes. I drink a cup of half-caff in the morning so I know I can have a cup of tea or another cup of half in the PM if I'm dragging. Coffee at 6:00am is one of the small pleasures in life I can't give up all the way :)!

Love my coffee but love my soda too. So I drink my morning coffee and my soda w dinner=)

Thanks for the replies ! It's interesting to see everyone's perspectives on it ! Also nice to know I'm not the only pregnant coffee addict lol! It's hard for me to just have one a day even!

I drank coffee the whole way through with my last son I couldn't help myself! And he was perfect in every way! This time I can't. Stand the thought but I'm loving a nice milky cup of tea at the minute xxx

I drink 1 coffee and lots of decaf tea! I think 1-2 caffeinated drinks a day would be fine.

I do! Once in the morning and maybe a fountain soda in the afternoon. Coca Cola seems to settle my stomach. I feel that it's just fine in small amounts.

I often have a cup now, and I wasn't even a big fan before, but I find it's the only thing that helps with constipation. Apologies for lowering the tone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->