who will be at your baby's birth?

Well for our DD i had my husband and my mum, they were honestly the best birthing team ever! Super wonderful and helpful and supportive, it was just a shame that my mum couldn't be there for the actual birth, i really wanted her to feel baby crowning - i ended up with a c-section so just me and hubby.

this time i think it shall just be me and hubby, as it shall probably be a planned c-section, so just the 2 of us in theatre, and my DD shall be with my mum, that is shall probably be just us 2! But once Roo is born mum can bring DD up to visit :cloud9:

Husband (he will be a husband and not just OH by then :) ) and my sister.

if its the natural birth, dh and sil and if the planned section then just dh. my mum is having my son and looking after the house and husband when he returns home for me

such a good lil team i have!!!

thanks for all the replies! i asked because I always assumed i would have my mom and husband with me at the birth, but when I mentioned that the other day, my husband acted like having a mom at the birth was completely unheard of. so I guess I'm not sure now.

My husband will be the only non-professional there. For some reason, i'd feel more comfortable with a doula than my mom - i think it's a personal choice, though.

my sister got married when she was pregnant with her 1st and wasn't planning on having anyone other than her DH. Well, when labor came, he called to tell his mom, who insisted on meeting them at the hospital. ick! she didn't want her new MIL there, but that's what happened - i told my DH we're not calling anyone until the baby is born & i've had a shower! :haha:

I don't know why but I don't want anyone in there. I am a really personaly person I don't even want me OH there, I feel that he will be watching me at my weakest and what the hecks he going to think of me after the birth, he gets really grossed out. But hes already been to one birth (his daughters)

I will have my mother, OH's mother and him.

ok this is my first time and only time for me and hubby - we are just going to be there on our own - many people have asked if they can be there, we have said categorically no. to us it is a moment that we will never get back and if we had other people there it will be for their benefit of the experience and not ours. i know that this may sound stupid, but the only other thing i can remotely compare this to (and please don't laugh) was the morning that i was getting ready to get married - I had my SIL, MIL, Aunty and mum there. I was in the bathroom (we were in a hotel) and I said to my mum I don't want anyone else here apart from me and her as it was 'our moment' - my mum went outside and said she wants to be left alone - only MIL left! which made things worse as it looked like I only wanted her to go! Thankfully I have a lovely understanding mum who appreciated my efforts of making if personal for us. I know that getting ready to get married and giving birth are like two different ends of the spectrum but its the only thing I can remote to 'the moment'. xxxx

ill be having my mum and OH with me, i had my mum in last time with me and she was brillaitn couldnt have asked for any better support, although i did tell her to stay up the top which she didnt do :haha: this will be OHs first time at a birth as he missed our sons as i went early and he was serving in the army so im very nervous about him seeing me like that xx

My OH and my mum. I'm only 21 extremely scared already about labour n my mums the only person who can tell me to calm down when I'm not focusing or saying I can't do it and well my fiancé is just amazing but petrified of hospitals and hates to see me in pain (il be surprised if he don't faint) so I get the best of two worlds my amazing OH, who il need more than ever and my best friend (my mum) I can't think of doing it without either of them but especially not on my own so at least one out of the two will be there xxx

My mum OH and Sister will be with me ,the more support the better for me.

Just me and the OH, but my mum will be at the hospital with us, so if my OH decides he cant cope LOL my mum is on hand to step in

Id like my OH to be there. Id love my mom to be there too but due to her being in a diff country that might be tricky. I doubt OH will be much help for me as he will prolly faint and feel ill, but I want him to be there to see his son or daugether as soon as :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->