• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Who will be in the delivery room.............

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Or with you while in labour if you are having a home birth.

Its probbably allready been asked before but since so many ladys have moved on and since we have got loads of new people in im asking again.

Who will be with you and why?

Il be having OH and my mam. OH cos well i need him, I cant spend a night away from him with out being able to sleep.
My mam because she will keep me focused and tell me to get a grip if i start freaking out.

I had my mum and OH last time and will do the same next time, unless the first time experience put her off, I wouldnt blame her tbh lol...

My DH.. might change when the time comes, but I don't really want anyone else there!!

OH obviously, then my mum, and if i'm allowed another i will have PineappleHead (if she wants to)

my dh and my mom

i figure i'll need someone to put my hair up...and mom's been doing it for years and she'll need to keep my dh from fainting

Just my husband. Originally with the last baby, we had planned on having both our mothers there. As the birth got closer, we changed our minds and decided it would be too stressful. I plan on doing it the same way next time around.

My hubbys been there both times and know i call for an epidural during transition so he's handy, lol!
My mum and I don't really speak. I saw her for the first time since pregnant with Amelie last month, so 4 years ago and that was only because she got remarried.

Just my OH. Dont need anyone else but him and the midwife seeing me turn in to a moo-ing monster x

Defo OH, we have agreed on that :) I actually would like to have my mum there, but because she's a midwife she doesn't want to unless it's an unplanned and very quick birth! Or unless someone she doesn't trust is on duty :p I don't blame her to be honest because I can see how she wouldn't be able to enjoy the experience, and if something went wrong she'd never stop blaming herself. I have a soft spot for MIL and I would like to invite her to be there, but I'm not sure if she would like to be as she's quite traditional.

I think, personally, that it might be difficult to expect OH to deal with all the emotional support I might need during labour. If he was up for it I'd consider employing a doula.

my OH if in hospital, and same if i was at home, but everyone wud b quite welcum to come round after xx

My OH of course, maybe my mum too, she will keep me focussed and that but in a way i just want it to be OH and me (well and midwife) lol xx

My DH only in the labour suite with me, although I'll get the older kids to the hopital so they can be there with us directly after number 4 is born.
With my third -dream labour! My older kids and my sister (who was babysitting) arrived about 15 mins after i delivered. I had just come out of the bath, baby was all bathed too and it was wonderful having them all around me, my DH, DD and now 2 DS's and my Sis who's my best frined too.

OH definitely! My mum stresses me out sometimes and just makes things worse if I'm already in pain/panicking/worried and she'd have a long way to come and so couldn't be there anyway if things happened quickly or unexpectedly. I wouldn't mind having OH's mum there but she lives even further away and I know that having her there would only offend my mum and it's not worth the hassle! I'd consider having a very close friend of mine there to support OH. I don't mind being in compromising positions in front of lots of people, especially friends, so that can only really prove to be a good thing during labour!!!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"