Who will be with you during labor/delivery?

Jess125

Reaction score
I always thought DH would be with me but he's not dealing with this whole baby thing very well. He nearly passed out at 2 of our ultrasound appts because seeing the baby makes it real to him and he can't handle it. He has always wanted a baby but I think he's scared to be a dad. Needless to say, I highly doubt he's going to be there during labor and delivery because he'll be passed out on the floor. I'm upset that he won't be there at a time when I'll need him the most but there's nothing I can do :( Luckily my mom said she'd be there to support me through the whole thing so I'm very thankful I have her.

Is anyone else planning to have someone besides their DH there during labor/delivery?

Hubby will be with me but I have my mum on stand by in case I need a section as hubby won't cope with a section

My husband and my Doula are attending my birth. My doula can take over if my husband needs a break or isn't able to handle things. I have forbidden my mother and MIL from even coming to the hospital (they live 5000 miles away anyway so it isn't like they would make it) because I don't want to be stressed out and I don't want my husband undermined by their personal issues with control. I'm thankful to have my Doula there "just in case". My husband has been okay so far but I don't know how he is going to handle seeing me in this kind of "pain". He gets upset when I talk through round ligament pains or BH's so I'm kind of worried he will panic a little.

My fiance and grandmother will be present throughout my labor and delivery. I would have liked to have my mother, but her and OH don't get along and she isn't really the supportive type for that sort of situation. My grandmother has been more of a mother to me really, as my mother had me while she was a teenager so her and my grandfather pretty much raised me. I can trust my grandmother to be the calm, supportive person I need there whereas my mother might have brushed off most of my concerns. And the fact she has a problem with my OH plays a huge roll as OH needs to feel supported throughout the process. I just feel my grandmother fits the role the best after my OH.

my OH and MIL will be with me. im looking forward to MIL being there as she worked the labour and delivery for many years so im hoping she'll be a great support to me but even more so to my OH xx

My OH and my mother will be in there, as I feel they are the 2 people in the world who know how to keep me calm when I need to be. My MIL seems to think she will be able to force her way into the room, but having her in there is just going to stress me out more.

I'm having either my OH and sister, OH and mum, or mum and sister. It's going to all depend on what/who I need at what points :)

My DH is the only person I have planned as my labor partner right now, though if for some reason that's not working out I'll have my mom come in instead.

I know it's easy to be upset that he won't be there, but please don't be, or at least try to be okay with it. We see the whole men in the delivery room as such a normal thing now, but it wasn't always that way! I asked my DH upfront if he wants to be in there, or if he'd rather be waiting elsewhere. I'm sure if he would've said that he doesn't want to be in there at all, I wouldn't have like it at first, but he's the one who has to make that decision.

My husband and hopefully sister in law will be with me.

She's my brother's wife, I've known and loved her for over 10 years, she has 3 children, is a nurse and was close to my mum too. Next best person to having my mum with me.

Just my OH, or in fact no one if he can't get back from London in time... :/

I spent most of my labor last time by myself. But, my husband, mom/doula, dad/photographer, and midwife will be there for the actual delivery (and probably the last bits of labor). My son will likely be in the house, cared for by a friend of mine, but they may be present for the birth itself as well, depending on his mood.

That's the plan, anyhow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->