• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Who works out still?

JRo

Reaction score
Since 4 weeks after my son was born I started a workout regime 5 days a week, high cardio combined with weight routines. With my doctors consent he told me it's perfectly safe and good for the baby and I to continue.

I go 4-5 times a week still and haven't noticed much in terms of fatigue.

Does anyone else workout or had exercised throughout a pregnancy? Did it help keep unnecessary pounds off during the pregnancy and after birth? Combined with this I'm really watching what I eat.

When I was pregnant with my son I gained 45 lbs and had to work to get the 25 last lbs off. I don't want that to happen again. I'm pretty toned up already and hoping to keep it that way throughout. I had high blood pressure and I am positive it was from the weight gain on my small 5 foot tall body and I had to be induced. I want to go into labor on my own this time without the worry of the blood pressure issue so hopefully this helps :)

I am really struggling to do any exercise- I am so tired and my boobs hurt too much to run like I normally do. I am going to start swimming I think. Also been looking at some excerise dvd's online for during pregnancy.

I think - if you can keep up with it do it, so it so long as you feel right and healthy :)

That's how I was with my son. The first trimester I slept, a lot. I could barely make it to work let alone think about exercising.

I'm a dance teacher with my own school so I have to dance 5 times a week....I'm finding it really hard work!!! x

This is a HUGE concern of mine. I normally run about 5-6 miles a day and do weights a few times a week- nothing hardcore on the weights... I've been doing this for years. When I was preggo with my son 9 years ago- I never exercised so this was a non issue.

Well- after getting my BFP - I have toned it down as my doc said I could continue but @ a reduced intensity- this was before he knew I was preggo ( I don't go to see him until Wednesday) ... BUT- yesterday (and once about a week or so ago) .. I was stopped dead in my tracks after exercising. I had done the elliptical for about 45 minutes, not too hard- and when I stepped off- had a MAJOR pain in my groin- I went straight home and ended up laying in bed and the pain continued in my belly button- it wasn't cramping or in my uterus- just like a pulling pain- and supposedly that is round ligament stretching pain. It hurt really bad and scared the tar out of me honestly. It's the 2nd time it's happened and a few of my preggo friends have told me I need to limit my workouts to walking or swimming or something. I am COMPLETELY torn. I LOVE running- the times I have gone jogging- I feel A LOT better- a lot more energy- less sore boobs, just better- so I don't know what the right answer is. I am scared to do anything that would jeopardize the health of my baby - and I don't want to look back and have regrets either. SO- I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I stick to just walking- is it okay to jog? Is it ok to continue working out even with the stretching pains or does that mean I need to stop??

I do prenantal pilates and yoga and walk everyday thatI can. I have had to skip some days because of the fatigue but I hope that changes really soon.

Holly
I'm not sure. Sometimes I get faint pains but I know its just my uterus stretching and not from working out. When I talked with my doctor he told me to continue jogging and made no mention about lowering the intensity. He said he has a woman who ran a half marathon when she was 18 weeks!

I've heard that running is hard on the joints and knees while pregnant but I think thats further along than the first trimester. I'm going to keep jogging until 12 weeks and then evaluate. You could always speed walk though if jogging seems to be too much.

I am kind of still working out. Before my pregnancy, I was running on average 45-55 miles per week, mostly marathon training. For the past three weeks or so, it has been pretty tough when I run, seems like I get winded much more easily.

I've started wearing my heart rate monitor when I run and have dropped my pace way down. I am running a 10K in 6 weeks, and it will certainly be my slowest one ever. When I run too fast, I get winded, and that scares me. So I'm planning to just poke along.

And I think I'll be 19 weeks along when I run a half marathon at the end of April. Can't wait for me and my belly to beat a bunch of people. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"