Whoooo the Grotto is open....

c1403

Reaction score
Hellllo everyone.
Any of my Christmas crazies about?

I often start checking the grotto at the end of the summer holidays. Girls back at school next week. Got birthday week coming up soon (they're 2 days apart 10 and 8 this year)

Ideas for their birthdays have been hard enough. No idea what I'll do for Christmas. Most of the toys have been sold or given away. It's all about tablets and gymnastics these days :( Miss my little babies.

Look forward to catching up soon
Xxx

Me me me!
I am obsessed with Christmas!!! Let the countdown begin!

Me me me!
I am obsessed with Christmas!!! Let the countdown begin!

Hi Katie
You'll love it on here. I'm surprised some of the others aren't here yet ....we all tend to come back around September time.
X

Oh hello!!!!
It’s good to be back!!!
Hope you’re well xxx

LOL I just saw Christmas chocolates in the shops and wondered if the grotto would open today too! Thanks Bev! This year I really HAVE to make an effort to save more in the run up! Especially as they are wishing for a Ninetendo Switch and the extra controller alone made my eyes water! WAHH!
How are you all for ideas?

Yay. So happy to be back

I was thinking a switch for my youngest she hadn't asked for one though so not sure if worth it. DH would play it if we did get one.

Helloo !!
Was thinking the same mine go back Monday then it’s Xmas mode 110% !

DD1 has already mentioned 2 Nintendo Switch games so will have a look out for those she was so hard to buy for last year !

HEYYYYY!!! :hi:

I'm so excited! Halloween has been put out at work and Christmas will be on Sunday ready for Monday.

New tree got delivered Tuesday and I'm bauble shopping tomorrow! :xmas12:

DD1's 11th birthday is next month and we're going to get her a snake. It'll be the only present she gets (bar a few clothes) as it's going to cost hundreds including the setup.

DD2 has asked for a VR for Christmas. Neither are bothered with toys so it's going to be super hard this year for me.

Welcome back Smartie! :D

How exciting! What kind of snake are you getting her? I used to have a Sinaloen Milksnake. Sadly he got too big for his tank and my flat when he had passed 4 foot at 5 years old (they grow to the end of their life)! He was supposed to not even reach 4ft :dohh:. Mind you, having deep frozen mice that needed thawing, took some getting used to. Especially the smell :sick:

Thank you!

We're going for a Hognose, just deciding on the het traits. They are venomous but very rarely strike unless extremely threatened or mistaken food. Females grow no bigger than 3ft and are lightweight so easier to handle. Many breeders are telling me to go for a Royal Python but they grow taller than me and we don't have the space to accommodate (funnily enough only Royal breeders advised it :-k ). Yeah I'll be investing in a mini freezer, no way am I having those next to my food :lol:

LOL Bev I did think of you when I typed that! Sorry!

Pythons are wonderful and very placid but big and heavy indeed. Do you need a license for the Hognose? What made you decide on that one especially?

I'd have a python for myself but definitely not for DD.
No license is needed for it as their venom isn't lethal unless you have a severe allergy towards it, plus their fangs are at the rear of their mouth. They're a smaller species with a sassy personality, require a bit more work and attention than a corn or milk. DD has had an obsession with them for a couple of years and we know they keep to a smaller size at fully grown. Their faces are so cute too :haha: they have some super cool morphs too.

Hey Smartie ! Glad your back you always have such good presents !

Must admit I did shudder at the last few posts from you ladies ! Very brave to have those reptiles and their food ! I can’t even handle house spiders haha .

Smartie I had a look at them and their little snub noses really are cute :D

Babybump oh no I cannot deal with house spiders either! Just the thought makes me shiver! They look like monsters! :argh:

A snake..rather you than me ha ha.
Dd2 asked for a parrot as she got to hold one on holiday. No to that either. No pets! Our poor cat is 17 now and going deaf plus other issues. Hoping to have one last Christmas with him. Hamster is almost 2, so not much longer left there either. He is so lovely though, will miss hearing him in the middle of the night ha ha

Our Home Bargains had 2 aisles of Christmas stuff today. Dd1 and I has a browse but I really need to get birthdays done first.

Going to be sooo hard this year. I'm thinking a laptop for dd1 ans maybe switch for dd2. Neither have asked for one but they no longer play with toys. In fact we've sold most of them!!! So sad when they grow so young.

Smartie I had a look at them and their little snub noses really are cute :D

Babybump oh no I cannot deal with house spiders either! Just the thought makes me shiver! They look like monsters! :argh:
We had a huge one in our bedroom I only noticed because I was feeding DS2 at 4am !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->