Whoop Whoop! They are Working!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by sera, Dec 23, 2009.

1. sera

sera Well-Known Member

:happydance:
    My boobies are working!!!!!
    I was stressed and paranoid that i, for whatever reason would not produce milk or colostrum.. I am 38 weeks 1 day and every one i have spoken to has said they have had some type of leakage! So stupidly i googled it and it said the more you leak the easier it will be able for you to breastfeed!
    (This is not true by the way) But as i was not leaking or even had a drop come out I thought maybe my hormones will forget to make the colostrum!
    ... ANYWAY i was reading a website about colostrum and it said if your interested gentle squeeze your nipple and you should see something come out... Well i thought gross at first LOL but i realy wanted to know so i did and :happydance: They are working!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
    LMAO!!!!
    Thanks for letting me share this with you ladies! it is nearly 2am here and i had noone to tell... lol. I cant sleep!!!
    :hugs:

2. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

lol i didnt leak at all not even colostrum till 2 days before ds was born ( when i was in labour and then i had to squeze to get it ) and i breastfed him no problems for the time i could before returning to work in fact i was expressing and donating milk to the neonatal unit for the first 10 days as i had more than ds could cope with

3. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

Oh I've been worried about the same thing! Maybe I'll give it a try before I go to bed. X

4. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

:dance::dance:

Yay! You're ready to go!! :hugs: xx

5. sun

sun Mum of 3

I was soooo worried about this same thing!
    For all you ladies out there who are not leaking at all - I never leaked. I only leak now if LO is eating on one boob, the other one will leak. I could not squeeze out a drop of colostrum after he was born, so thought I had nothing. Not the case - it s very rare to not have a supply. They are so efficient at getting colostrum and milk. Even now when I pump, I can't get nearly as much as bubs can.
    So don't worry ladies!

xx

6. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

So glad it's not just me that's worried about this... gonna try it when i go to bed (it's way tooo cold to be stripping off just now).

Glad you're all good to go :hugs:

btw I'm also 38+1 :D

7. sera

sera Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! dont get me wrong.. it was the tinyest lil bit.. hehe but any wetness is good for me.!!!! just getting my head around my boobies making great "food" for my baby is very exciting for me!!!! on the down side my husband is going to be UPSET!!! he loves my jubblys! lol this is going to be a real eye opener for him! BAHAHAHAAHA can wait to tell him!!! lol

8. sun

sun Mum of 3

HaHa - my friends boobs would get engorged and then squirt out milk when LO was feeding. Her husband was horrified!!!!
    xx

9. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

lol... i was secretly worried about this too x

10. sera

sera Well-Known Member

well i am glad i am not the only one!!! lol

11. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

So I had a go at this last night and also got the tiniest little bit - but there was definitely something there :happydance:

12. emma77

emma77 Well-Known Member

OK, here is a weird one. My left nipple produces fluid if pressed, but not my right one! Although I have some time to go until I need them. I can see this turning into a new obsession - trying to make my right nipple produce :blush:

xx

13. sera

sera Well-Known Member

whoop whoop margie!! hehe how exciting for you!!! i am scared if i do it again it wont work but i have to try it again.... ok... here i go.. left working ,right not so much!! lol
    But i think this will be the last time i do it untill baby comes as it makes me feel whoozy! lmao!! im not to fond on nipples... ive only just been able to say the word nipple with out cringing and now i am weeking and massagin my boobs oh dear! lol!
    xoxoxox

14. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

lol - just imagining this. Don't worry - still plenty of time!