Whooping cough Vaccination

CertainTurton

Mummy to a toddler
Reaction score
Has anyone had this in pregnancy? apparently its recommended between 28-32 weeks. Did it have any side effects? Ive been booked in next week for it.

Not yet but will be in a few weeks. Known a few people who have had an achey arm and a raised lump after the jab. Very common for that to happen and totally normal.

I had it at 28 weeks. I had a dead arm for two days after but that was it.

Yes I had it. The shot itself wasn't painful but after I had a lump and it was sore for a few days. Everyone who is going to be around baby for the first year will need one also.

Yes I had it. I had no side effects. I had whooping cough as a child- not pleasant! There's apparently been quite a few cases of whooping cough recently and its very dangerous for newborns so I'm glad to be covered

Yes I had it at 28w, I had a sore arm but fine after x

Yes, had mine today. No pain and my arm is not sore at all. I have heard a lot of women say their arm was sore though :shrug:

Its interesting as its in the bbc news today but my midwife never mentioned it. Im only booked in because I adked my gp today when I went for something else. Im surprised my midwife didn't mention it.

The midwife should have spoken to you about it and provided you with a leaflet with information on the vaccine. I got given mine at 24 weeks, she said they usually give them out at 28 weeks but since I have a scan and review at 28 weeks there was no point in me seeing her then too so gave it me early. I assume if it is standard practice up here it is likely to be down your end too.

I got mine a few days ago @ 37+2 weeks since there is a breakout right now in the area.
No side effects really, just a sore arm for 2 days :)

Hi
Agree with others. Dead arm next day and a bit of a headache but paracetamol is fine to take if you do feel rough.
Xx

Same as the others. Achy arm for a day or two but otherwise fine.

I had mine... i don't know maybe around 32 weeks. The shot itself didn't hurt but I was in pain and had a raised hot area for about a week. Definitely worth it of course but that wasn't fun. Husband just got his on Tuesday and so far hasn't had pain.

Anyone in Canada getting it? I never got it with my other two pregnancies. And haven't even heard about it until reading about it on message boards.

I had this done on Monday.
I had a sore arm and that's about it. Of course it's hard to tell when I am already feeling every listed side effect to some degree because of pregnancy!

I am in Canada. We have an outbreak here in northern Alberta at the moment.

I had mine at 28 weeks the injection didn't hurt and my arm was fine that same day but the next 2 days I had when felt like a bruised shoulder :shrug:

I got mine at 33 weeks, I had a sore arm for 2 days but that was it.. I was in 2 minds about getting it done as paranoid about taking things when pregnant but glad I had it done now :) x

Yep I had mine at 30 weeks if I remember correctly. My MW forgot to mention it but I knew about if from having it with my DD so I just booked myself in. I had a slightly sore arm the next day but it was no bother. With my DD it didn't hurt at all (I couldn't even tell she'd done it, I've never had that before with an injection, I'm a wimp) but I felt fluey the next day. Short lived though and much better than getting whooping cough.

When they introduced it, last time i was already like 37 week, so no point and did not do it
This time i am booked for Monday at 30 weeks, dont want to chance it

I had it last week, I just had a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days no other side effects. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->