Whos choosing to bottle feed?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Whos choosing to go this route?
I am for various reasons though i am going to have a go at Bfing whilst in hospital so baby can get colustrum.

I think im going to go the same path as you!! but I have everything prepared for both so im keeping an open mind!!

x

haha i just saw your sig! LOVE IT! :D
I know what you mean about bfing, i want my baby to have as much goodness as possible, but they are so sensitive (not painful) but just irritating when they get touched, even hubby gets his head snapped off when he tocuhes them. I have always been like that, I also don't quite know how comfortable i will be in public with feeding etc... so will have to see what happens on the day.
I will definately bf for as long as I can bear to, baby always comes first however if it becomes uncomfortable I will have to look at the bottle option
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im definatley not comfortable doing it in public, and i want all the family around here to be as involved as possible. bottle feeding makes it easier to do that.

I think I'm gonna breast feed for the 1st few days so bubs can get all the colostrum (if i can bfeed) but after that I'm going to express. It's easier, family can have ago at feeding the baby this way too! Best of both :)

Im bottle feeding, Iv got to as Im on life long medication which would harm the baby If I breast fed
Xx

i am hoping to breast feed for first 2 months minimum. But having said that i was sooooooo v tired with ds that i gave him a bottle after 2 weeks. MW made me feel v guilty but i needed to sleep!! DD refused to latch on so she had a bottle - she had one feed from me and that was it.

I think I'm going to be going the express route too. That way baby gets all the nutrients and dad can help too : )

We've decided to bottle feed so H can be involved and I can't see my boobies being used as feeding objects, maybe that will change when baby arrives.

Clartylou x

We've decided to bottle feed so H can be involved and I can't see my boobies being used as feeding objects, maybe that will change when baby arrives.

Clartylou x

:rofl::rofl: @ feeding objects! I feel exactly the same, I cant wait to have our baby, but I have never liked the idea of Breast feeding. I am going to try to do it, for 2/3 days, but after that, at the moment, I cant even bear the thought.

I likened it to scaring me more than giving birth to my Husband the other day!

I was very cut up about not BFing Caitlyn as many people had pushed on to me the view that breast is best. While it provides the best nutrients for our LOs it is not best for our family.

After much discussion with OH, we have decided that we will also bottle feed our next one, by choice. He loves the fact he got to feed LO and be primary carer for us both in those first hard weeks after my emergency section. He was worried about bonding with our LO if i was BFing. Don't think i would feel right feeding in public. Don't shoot me down but BFing just isn't for us

xxx

I was very cut up about not BFing Caitlyn as many people had pushed on to me the view that breast is best. While it provides the best nutrients for our LOs it is not best for our family.

After much discussion with OH, we have decided that we will also bottle feed our next one, by choice. He loves the fact he got to feed LO and be primary carer for us both in those first hard weeks after my emergency section. He was worried about bonding with our LO if i was BFing. Don't think i would feel right feeding in public. Don't shoot me down but BFing just isn't for us

xxx

Amy tea yea have summed up exactly how i feel about BFing aswell and how my OH will probably be aswell.
These are exactly my reasons for my choice.

I'd love to breastfeed, but having bottle fed my 2 (they are 12 and 10 now), it looks like I will bottle feed this time around too.

I hate my boobs....I mean HATE them, so there is no way I would want to get them out in company or in public if bubba needed feeding. Also, I want OH to be able to share everything with me, obviously if I breastfed, he wouldn't be able to right away.

I won't let anyone make me feel guilty, it will be my baby and my body, so it's my decision, not anybody elses xxx

OMG, I didn't know you got your :bfp: CONGRATS!!!!!! I am bottle feeding Charlotte cause I was so sick after she was born that I wasn't allowed to BF. This one I am going to probably bottle feed too.

I will try to breast feed but probably will end up bottle feeding as I have had breast surgery (cosmetic) and may not be able too... Aswell as that I have a cyst in my breast which is causing me enough pain just in pregnancy to deter me from even doing normal activities so breast feeding probably wont be very good for me....but as said I will try but most likely I will go with bottles!:happydance:

I say i'm gonna try and breast feed but last time with my DS when i tried it was a nightmare coz when you have a baby, people are constantly at your door and its embarrasing when people walk in your house and your sitting with your chebbs out feeding the ickle one lol. Also he was wanting feeding every 30 mins or so and my nips got so sore they bled and i just didn't like it at all. It just wasn't for me at all. i will probs give this ickle one a day or two on the breast to get the good stuff but that will be about it. Also the expressing thing, you can't just express straight away, it takes time for your milk to "come in" i tried and failed at that too. My whole breastfeeding experience left me feeling like a bad mother and a failure and it got to the point that i dreaded him needing feeding, even once he went on to bottles. It didn't help that my MW guilt tripped me about it.....cow! So in short bottles for me but boobie for 1st day or 2 (sorry i went on a bit) xx

im going to bottle feed as someone else said i can not see my boobs as feeding objects lol plus its just easyer to bottle feed when out in public or you have friends round than getting your boob out :blush:

I am bottle feeding.I had major bfeeding issues with number one.. and im not putting myself through that again or my baby.

Bottle feeding for me!!

I choose to bottle feed as well for various reasons. Maybe will give the bf a go in the hospital but no longer than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->