Who's due over Christmas and has kids already??

MummaBump

Mother of 3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what you are planning for xmas day if you are due around then and have other children?

I have 2 children and i am due xmas eve... I have planned to just have me, OH and the kids at home xmas day (as i hoped LO would be here before then) but now i'm starting to panic that i will go into labour xmas eve or xmas day and wont be able to spend xmas day with my 2 children..... I would just hate to miss out on them opening their xmas pressies as well!

I'm also worried that if i do go into labour xmas day i wont have anyone to collect the children and look after them whilst i'm in hospital...

Hi, I am due on Boxing Day and have a 4 1/2 year old and a 20 month old. Having recently moved to Norway I have no family here but my mum arrives this Sunday for 10 days in the hope that LO will arrive at some point within the 10 days.

I too will be devastated if I land up in hospital xmas especially as the kids are not allowed to visit me in hospital because of Swine Flu.

We are planning xmas to go ahead but if I land in hospital then I think we will have xmas when I get home. My two would still be young enough to not know that we have moved it, although the eldest is counting down if its explained to her I think she would understand.

I am going to buy a fresh pineapple when mum arrives Sunday then I have a sweep booked for Monday, I hope either of these work but I am not holding out my hopes. I just hope that it doesnt arrive before Sunday because I don't have anyone the kids really know to leave them with.

I'm due Christmas Eve too, pet. I am in a slightly different situation in that my children are quite a bit older, so they understand the situation should I have to dash away from the Christmas dinner to the labour ward! (I have a stepson 14years, and my own 14 and 12 year old sons at home) Having said that, my eldest is really concerned that he won't get his Christmas dinner. My parents are coming up to stay at next week in their motor home and will be on standby before that to mind the children, so if the worst comes to the worst, my Mum and my Hubs will be able to cook and look after them.

I'm due a sweep on Monday too, so hopefully it might get things moving before Thursday. There are no twinges or signs yet here, but I'm hoping that being my third baby, things might just take-off quickly!

I sympathise with your predicament and I hope that you get something sorted out soon - or even better - bubs makes an early arrival before next Thursday! Good luck, Hen. Have you a sweep booked yourself?

XXX

im not due over christams, but i have a plan in place that if go into labour then dh will be staying at home so Leah & Jack dont miss out on their christmas

I'm due 13th jan but with my dd arriving at 37 weeks i'm prepared for xmas! We are having my in laws, my dad and brother for dinner so everyone will be here whether i am or not! I have requested a short a stay in hospital as possible which is 6 hours, so i should be home at sme point on xmas day! Lottie is onyl 2 1/2 so we could get away with just giving her a couple of presents until i got home if needs be! I really hope he comes early next week or waits until after xmas! xx

Im due 23rd and have a 22 month old. I feel exactly the same i dont want the day to be ruined for her. If it was the 1sst it wouldnt bother me being born xmas day but i want christmas to be christmas for my daughter.
Ive been offered a sweep tues if the releif midwife will come to my house, i have to call her 9am if not been offered one chrismas eve which i wont have as i dont want it then or christmas day.

My daughter came 3 days early so im praying something will happen this week. Ive even given myself a sweep to try move things along but i know head is only 3/5 engaged. im currently bouncing on a birthing ball!!!

My daughter will go to parents when things start as im having a home birth.

Hope everyones babies comes early to get a lovely family christmas.

Im not due till 19th jan but due to previous complocations cud be anytime, got scan and clininc xmas eve and dreading them saying ok starting you off!!! Daughter is 11 so older and wud be excited so that helps but really dont want it to be like that. Im not doing xmas dinner though at my mums so at least I dont have that stress.

Im due jan 5th but due to my bp they reckon on starting it off early,Im having a second sweep tomorrow in the hope that something will happen, i was soft and 1cm a week ago so fingers crossed. I will be gutted to go into labour xmas eve, ive got everything ready and literally just got to get a turkey and fresh veg next week so I know whatever happens no one will starve! We have a 12 1/2 yr old and an 8 yr old, its not so much the whole christmas thing that bothers me its the thought of having to call on our friends to help us out, id rather not have to do that on xmas eve!! xx

Im due xmas day, so MIL is cooking and they will look after my 3yr old when i go into labour, my son was late so not expecting this one to be on time. My mum and dad are coming over from france on boxing day and staying for a week so hoping he will be here by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->