whos inserting Evening primrose oil capsules?

never heard this one before...I guess the oil helps soften stuff.

Meh I'm messy enough down there as it with discharge...its like a snotty nose down there at the best of times (sorry TMI) I'm not adding to the mess!

PMSL MENTAL IMAGE ALERT!!!!!

My Discharge looks like Spunk!
x

LOL sorry but its true...it looks like snot and has done for weeks!!

I'm glad I'm the one at home and doing the laundry so OH doesnt see the state of my knickers!

LOL sorry but its true...it looks like snot and has done for weeks!!

I'm glad I'm the one at home and doing the laundry so OH doesnt see the state of my knickers!

:rofl: i used a pad as i dont want to damage my knick knocks
xx

:rofl: you lot are so funny

I wonder if they work?????

ive been losing my plug for weeks so its blood streaked jelly, nice!!! :blush: The midwives said the plug replenishes itself, i hope it doesnt last the rest of my pregnancy :shock:

never heard this one before...I guess the oil helps soften stuff.

Meh I'm messy enough down there as it with discharge...its like a snotty nose down there at the best of times (sorry TMI) I'm not adding to the mess!

:rofl:

I'm inclined to agree with you there! I feel exactly the same :haha:

Fuck it though - bit of extra snot can't hurt!!!!!

x

seriously ladies if your gonna try it wear a pad! i tried it the other night out of curiosity.... i woke up in the night and thought id wet myself! lol... those lil capsules hold alot of oil.

:rofl: Just bought some today 500mg think i might try two at a time to make it a 1000mg, i cant take much more of these pains hope they do the trick.

you will have to let us know./
x

Oh id never heard of this just had look op net gonna give it a whirl!!!!!!!!

I did from 37 weeks and used 500mg capsules before bed, not every night though. I was 5cm dilated after 7 hours of 6 min contractions and 10cm 4 hours later! not sure if the epo helped, but it surely couldn't have hurt!

hiii girls, didnt no aboutt this at all but sounds like a good plan... thought id read up about it an thought id post what i found for those who where also clueless like me :D

"Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also."

Thing im wondering is how on earth does it disolve up there? :shrug: haha x

Iv been taking it orally for just under a week now im still unsure about doing it the other way! obviously i'll wait untill at least next week but im just not sure!!! haha
heres some info about it anyway

Evening Primrose Oil and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Neither will actually induce labor. While some lay midwives will argue that statement about the Evening Primrose, which is the reason it is not recommended until 36 weeks or "full term", almost all sources with experience agree that it does nothing that the body was not ready to do on its own. I will repeat this at the end of this section, to make sure you understand this, as there is a lot of confusion and misconception surrounding these two substances.

Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.

Red raspberry leaf tea is a uterine tonic used by Native Americans for thousands of years. It tones your uterus by helping to "focus" your Braxton Hicks contractions. Think of its job as helping your uterus do more effective exercising while you are pregnant. It does not "cause" contractions and can be safely used throughout pregnancy. It is contraindicated for those having complications "just in case", however, by most doctors who do not understand its use. Many women safely use it from the moment they learn they are pregnant at six weeks until months after delivery. (It helps to tone the uterus after delivery as well, shrinking it back to size more quickly and reducing bleeding.)

Again, neither of these actually causes labor to start!

gonna give it a go tonight.
xxx

i've never heard of this... i must try it! is it like a gel capsule?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->