Who's using CBFM?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

Just wanted to start a thread with all the ladies that are using the CBFM..

Share our experiences, questions and whatever you have in mind.. :winkwink:

I'm currently on CD 20 and the CBFM monitor read peak on CD 19 & 20...
We :sex: on CD 19 and 4 days before that..

Who else? :hugs:

I have just started using mine so only on day 4!!! Am so hoping that it will help me pinpoint exactly when my surges are - gotta give it our best shot!

I have just started using mine so only on day 4!!! Am so hoping that it will help me pinpoint exactly when my surges are - gotta give it our best shot!

Yay!!! :yipee:

Hoping it will too!!! I got a low on CD 6 and I got high days from CD 7- CD 18..

We aimed it right on my first peak day!! Keep me updated!!!

Do you chart?

I am charting and peeing on gawd knows how many things too!!! We just had a failed IVF:cry: a month ago so I am hoping that the drugs have worked their way out my body. So - just hoping that investing in this little ole gadget is gonna help!!!!

I am using it. Um or more of "was" using it & want to continue using it, but I am not sure what to do in relation to the bellow....

I was wondering if I should re-set my CBFM or just switch it to CD1 when my next cycle comes? You see, i used this monitor regularly for the first time in August 2013 , up until September (around 21 Sep when I got sick) so for my Sept cycle, I switched it back to CD1 (without fully resetting it if I am making sense). Then, by 20 something September, I never touched my monitor again. In October, when my following cycle started I was traveling and did not have the monitor with me. So I guess if I turn it on by now it would show CD50+ . When my next cycle comes, is it ok to just switch it to CD1? Or do I have to reset the whole thing again? I'm afraid that by resetting, the monitor will have to learn about my cycle all over again. But maybe by just switching the monitor to CD1 on the next cycle will mean that I am telling my monitor that my previous cycle lasted 50+ days when that isn't true. What should i do? Which which would you do if you were me?

Hay ladies :) I'm on my second month using the cbfm... First month I got my peak which I was happy about as I have heard some ladies don't get a peak in the first month atall just alot of highs... I'm currently on cycle day 8 on month 2 with the monitor (the cbfm is kinda the last resort for me).and should ovulate sometime next week... I'm not gonna lie I was so upset it didn't work first month but hay Ho its not a miracle worker! ... Hoping it will give me a bfp this month :D.. I'm bd'ing every other day on high days and going for gold on my 2peak days and the high that follows, then missing a day and doing it once more... Hopefully this is enough?! Lol because it rather tiring!! Hehe! ...xx

I've got a question for all of you ladies! I'm using the advanced digis not the monitor but they are similar, and I'm a little confused. I thought they were supposed to give your 4 highest days. I have gotten 3 days of blinking smileys so far. I expected 2 days of blinking then hit my peak. I've been using fmu because that's what the directions say to use. My question is, is it normal to get more than 2 high days before your peak? Should I try testing in the evening too?? I'm very confused!

I am using it. Um or more of "was" using it & want to continue using it, but I am not sure what to do in relation to the bellow....

I was wondering if I should re-set my CBFM or just switch it to CD1 when my next cycle comes? You see, i used this monitor regularly for the first time in August 2013 , up until September (around 21 Sep when I got sick) so for my Sept cycle, I switched it back to CD1 (without fully resetting it if I am making sense). Then, by 20 something September, I never touched my monitor again. In October, when my following cycle started I was traveling and did not have the monitor with me. So I guess if I turn it on by now it would show CD50+ . When my next cycle comes, is it ok to just switch it to CD1? Or do I have to reset the whole thing again? I'm afraid that by resetting, the monitor will have to learn about my cycle all over again. But maybe by just switching the monitor to CD1 on the next cycle will mean that I am telling my monitor that my previous cycle lasted 50+ days when that isn't true. What should i do? Which which would you do if you were me?

Hmm... I would reset it and start over. Cause the monitor has stored that cycle and you may miss your high or peak days cause it may ask you to start testing later in the cycle since it has 50+ cycle days stored in it...

Good luck sweetie :hugs:

This is my first month using it and I was shocked that it showed my two peak days cause most women don't get peak days on their first time using it.

Hay ladies :) I'm on my second month using the cbfm... First month I got my peak which I was happy about as I have heard some ladies don't get a peak in the first month atall just alot of highs... I'm currently on cycle day 8 on month 2 with the monitor (the cbfm is kinda the last resort for me).and should ovulate sometime next week... I'm not gonna lie I was so upset it didn't work first month but hay Ho its not a miracle worker! ... Hoping it will give me a bfp this month :D.. I'm bd'ing every other day on high days and going for gold on my 2peak days and the high that follows, then missing a day and doing it once more... Hopefully this is enough?! Lol because it rather tiring!! Hehe! ...xx

I'm in the same boat as you! This is my first cycle using it and I had 12 high days before I got my two peak days! I was soo excited! We b'danced 3 days before my first peak and on the day of my first peak... I'm hoping I'll get a :bfp: cause it'll be perfect how some plans are coming along with the holidays..

Good luck! Oh and I have read that having :sex: everyday doesn't give the :spermy: enough time to build up and become stronger! I would b'dance every other day :winkwink:

I've got a question for all of you ladies! I'm using the advanced digis not the monitor but they are similar, and I'm a little confused. I thought they were supposed to give your 4 highest days. I have gotten 3 days of blinking smileys so far. I expected 2 days of blinking then hit my peak. I've been using fmu because that's what the directions say to use. My question is, is it normal to get more than 2 high days before your peak? Should I try testing in the evening too?? I'm very confused!

Yes it's very possible!!! I would do one in the morning and one at night just to be sure you don't miss that surge!

Do you chart? That'll help confirm ovulation also :thumbup:

Keep b'dancing until your OPK doesn't have smilies

Hi there!
Just hoping to join this thread for wee bit support while using CBFM. We have been TTC our 1st for 1 year and had M/C at 11 weeks in June. This is our first month using it and am on day 16 of my cycle. Have no idea if I'm even ovulating as my cycle is quite irregular. Just highs so far but hoping for a peak soon!!
Really interested in hearing other people's experiences and also hoping for some success stories as well!!

Xx

A bit of background: I have irregular cycles hence the CBFM being chose, first time using it or using anything of the sort infact, only ever BD and hoped rather than using opks and with irregular cycles pinpointing my fertile window was close to impossible.
We have been trying for around a year maybe more.

Af came on 5/11 at which point I started using my CBFM for the first time, it asked me to POAS is morning (pic of test stick attached) there was 2 blocks on the monitor, I'm only cd6 so I'm confused, I thought it should still be one block (low)

Any ideas?

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 6
A bit of background: I have irregular cycles hence the CBFM being chose, first time using it or using anything of the sort infact, only ever BD and hoped rather than using opks and with irregular cycles pinpointing my fertile window was close to impossible.

Af came on 5/11 at which point I started using my CBFM for the first time, it asked me to POAS is morning (pic of test stick attached) there was 2 blocks on the monitor, I'm only cd6 so I'm confused, I thought it should still be one block (low)

Any ideas?

Xx

From what I can tell this is fairly common in 1st month as monitor trying to get to know your levels. You may still get your peak when it detects a surge.
That said, there are people on various threads who have had nothing but high levels and still got their BFP, so fingers crossed!
Xx

Any ideas?

Xx

From what I can tell this is fairly common in 1st month as monitor trying to get to know your levels. You may still get your peak when it detects a surge.
That said, there are people on various threads who have had nothing but high levels and still got their BFP, so fingers crossed!
Xx

Thanks so much for your reply.

Yeah I've heard this Same, must've detected some level of LH but I guess there's always some hormones there isn't there.
I'm dying for my :bfp: (I know I'm not the only one just seems like we've been trying for ages and started getting me down,,,,,,thought it was meant to be fun :coffee: )

Babydust to you xx

I've took a pic of the sticks from my CBFM.

A little confused as the lines seem to be disappearing.....that's not right??

Someone please help x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
I've took a pic of the sticks from my CBFM.

A little confused as the lines seem to be disappearing.....that's not right??

Someone please help x

Ok so the monitor works by testing both LH and estradiol. One of the lines is for estradiol. That line starts off brighter and gets lighter as you get closer to O. The other line is for LH. It will start off light and go WAY darker on surge day. The monitor will show up surge on the day you see one line pretty light (estradiol) and one line really dark (LH). The LH line is the one closer to the end you pee on.
Hope this helps. I'm on cycle #2 using this and am also just figuring this out. You can actually read the sticks yourself, but I like to the let the monitor do it so I don't have to think that hard in the morning :)

Yup I'm definitely letting the monitor do the hard work from now on, hoping I don't have many cycles using the monitor tbh just crossing fingers I'll get my sticky bean soon.... :flower:

Babydust to you xx

Hi Everyone :) I bought a CBFM last year after three years of TTC and would highly recommend it.

The first couple of cycles I seemed to get mostly High days, but no Peaks. I'm not sure if this was because the monitor was still getting to know me or because I also have PCOS.

I finally got a peak in August on my 3rd/4th try with the CBFM. It reported peak for two more days and then low for the rest of the cycle. We had sex the first two peak days, and I got my BFP in September.

To me, this suggests the monitor does it's job - the only time it caught me ovulating, it also helped me get pregnant so I think that the months I didn't get my peak I probably wasn't ovulating although I don't know for sure.

Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage and it was really hard on us so we took a year off TTC. This is my first cycle TTC again and we're trusting the CBFM again.

I'm on CD16 now and got my first peak this morning.

(Low on CD6, High CD7-15, Peak CD16)

Hi Everyone :) I bought a CBFM last year after three years of TTC and would highly recommend it.

The first couple of cycles I seemed to get mostly High days, but no Peaks. I'm not sure if this was because the monitor was still getting to know me or because I also have PCOS.

I finally got a peak in August on my 3rd/4th try with the CBFM. It reported peak for two more days and then low for the rest of the cycle. We had sex the first two peak days, and I got my BFP in September.

To me, this suggests the monitor does it's job - the only time it caught me ovulating, it also helped me get pregnant so I think that the months I didn't get my peak I probably wasn't ovulating although I don't know for sure.

Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage and it was really hard on us so we took a year off TTC. This is my first cycle TTC again and we're trusting the CBFM again.

I'm on CD16 now and got my first peak this morning.

(Low on CD6, High CD7-15, Peak CD16)

Hi there!

So sorry about your miscarriage! Least you know it helped you! I used it on my last cycle and got 12 high days, 2 peak days then a high and a low day.

It didn't work this month so my doctor wanted me on clomid so I start that in a couple of days. Hope clomid doesn't mess up the monitor :shrug:

Good luck with the CBFM!!! I love this thing! :thumbup:

Hi there!

So sorry about your miscarriage! Least you know it helped you! I used it on my last cycle and got 12 high days, 2 peak days then a high and a low day.

It didn't work this month so my doctor wanted me on clomid so I start that in a couple of days. Hope clomid doesn't mess up the monitor :shrug:

Good luck with the CBFM!!! I love this thing! :thumbup:

Thank you :)

I was wrong yesterday, it was CD15 yesterday :blush: I get confused because the CBFM is a day behind Fertility Friend. FF counted the day I started bleeding as CD1 but the CBFM took it from the following day when I set the monitor's test window.

Really confused this morning! :nope:

Was really excited about using the monitor again and hoping to get a peak to confirm ovulation after the first peak yesterday... but it didn't ask for a text stick. It's moved onto CD16 and is showing peak again... but not asked for a stick even though i'm within test window :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->