Why am I craving Lunch meat!?!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
I am not a big sandwich eater and I hardly ever want lunch meat but for the past 2 days that is all I crave. Yesterday it was a ham and turkey sandwich with mayo (not a huge mayo fan either!) and today I want a ham and salami sandwich with jalapenos slathered in mustered from subway. Seriously, my mouth is watering just writing this!

I know technically I can have one if I heat the meat to steaming but honestly that sounds beyond gross to me and the only reason I haven't had one.

Anyone else crave something you know you should/can't have?

If your in the UK you don't have to heat your lunch meat.

No cravings yet, but with DS it had to McDonalds cheeseburgers. Not that I couldn't have them, just not a big fan of McDonalds and they are really unhealthy. With DD I craved sushi and nuts. I know we're allowed nuts but since OH has a nut allergy I was told to avoid them.

If your in the UK you don't have to heat your lunch meat.

No cravings yet, but with DS it had to McDonalds cheeseburgers. Not that I couldn't have them, just not a big fan of McDonalds and they are really unhealthy. With DD I craved sushi and nuts. I know we're allowed nuts but since OH has a nut allergy I was told to avoid them.

McDonalds Big Mac is something I crave and then when I try to eat it I always gag. Im not sure why I keep trying to order it!

Yes both pregnancies I crave lunch meat!!! It's so annoying! I just want a ham sub from Jersey Mikes.

Soft cheese! Specifically Brie cheese and Feta!! I mean I could just eat those straight!

I'm with you on the sandwich! I've never craved sandwiches before, but I sooo badly want a Jimmy John's sub all the time. It's so annoying!
Heating the meat sounds really disgusting to me too.

I know what my first meal I'm asking for in the hospital is!

I have never heated my lunch meat and never will. I do roll my eyes over the do not eat list people seem to get. To me it's ridiculous but to each their own. My OB does not give food list or say to avoid anything except unpasteurized dairy products.

My dad is an obgyn and told me I can have lunch meat as long as I eat it with in three days, if I have it packaged fresh or buy it prepacked where they seal it with carbon dioxide. Im averaging one sub a week..subway, wegmans, jimmy johns,etc. Trying to be good.

MrsA22 do you think your dad would say it's okay to eat a Jersey mikes sub today?? I know my dr would tell me to heat the meat but that sounds gross. I feel if my body is telling me it wants something I should just listen to it haha!
I just don't want to harm the baby.

MrsA22 do you think your dad would say it's okay to eat a Jersey mikes sub today?? I know my dr would tell me to heat the meat but that sounds gross. I feel if my body is telling me it wants something I should just listen to it haha!
I just don't want to harm the baby.

Im right there with you. This craving isnt going away! I just want a sub! We tried so long for this baby that I am afraid to eat something I shouldnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->