why am I getting my hopes up?

Decemberbride

First baby due May 2011
Reaction score
CD35 - I know I know early days following a MC but I keep getting my hopes up despite 2 negative FRET (first response 6 days early tests) on CD28 & CD34!

I have just started with a ache in my abdomen again which feels period like and feel sickly - but I'm symptom spotting for the sake of it!

I got BFN on CD 28,31,35 of my last cycle and my BFP on CD38 so I may be a long cycle kinda gal but why am I getting my hopes up? We haven't even BD'd that much lately!:nope:

Hi December Bride

Oh you poor thing, I know exactly how you feel! I am so sorry for your recent loss. Its just one huge emotional rollercoaster. Fingers crossed we both get out BFP soon.

I have done 3 FRET this week and I dont even know why!! I had my ERPC on 12th jan and had one period and then I think I ovulated around CD17 (last Sunday) I only bd twice and cant believe I have my hopes up. Its just another thing to upset me right now.

Aswell as the pain it give me this week seeing a BFN i also spent £15!! I guess I was thinking that when I got pregnant last time the FRET worked this early and I needed to move on from what I knew was going to be negative.

I keep looking for the symptoms I got before and swear I have them. I was gagging today at work and thought I might be sick! probably stress!
x

The tricky thing is that all the hormones that regulate your cycle ( which have most likely gone a tad crazy too ) are also those that give you pg symtons when you're pg so all this craziness going on in your body at a time when you so want to be pg again can leg you up to thinking that maybe.. just maybe.. you are pg. Obviously in some cases this is true for the folks that get pg again straight away but for probably most of us it isn't.

You are only human with all those goddamm human emotions and it is natural to get your hopes up - it's the only thing that gets us through a lot of rubbish times in our lives is hope!! Don't beat yourself up about it, get a lot of hugs from your oh and dig the hot water bottle out.

I genuinely hope you get your bfp v soon :)

hx

Hope... Sometimes I think it is all we have to cling to... Keep the faith. Hope you get your BFP soon!

Aw hun its hard what our bodies go through after a loss... My first Af after my loss was pretty late and i think i did 4 tests just incase even though i knew i wasn't i kept hoping that i was. Your body is being tricked with all the hormones. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->