Why am I not drinking???

Tattoo

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
My husband's youngest cousin turns 16 next week (insane! I remember when she turned 5!) and we're all going out for a meal. Lovely. Except I'm anticipating some questions as to why I'm drinking Appletiser rather than my usual large white wine! Any suggestions for reasons I'm not drinking? I'm thinking either antibiotics, or "Oh, I over-did it a few weeks ago (actually true...), so I'm off booze at the moment!"

I had a "headache" and needed to rehydrate!

One of my friends got her husband to order her vodka lime and lemonade, and he just got lime and Lemo, maybe someone could order you a "spritzer" appletiser mixed with lemonade???!

Ah, headache and rehydration sounds like a good one! So simple, it can't really be questioned!

I would order a small glass of wine and drink a few sips. If anyone asks why you're not drinking up just say 'Oh, it's not going down well, I had a big night a few days ago and still feeling a bit rough!'

Say you have to be somewhere early the next morning, have a drink sitting next to you, antibiotics, not feeling well, designated driver... That's some of what I'd do!

I am in the same situation! I had made plans with an old Froebel for a big boozy lunch next weekend, we always get a good drink when we are together and she will see right through any excuses, or force a drink down my throat lol! She already has a little one and will 100% know I am pregnant if I don't drink, we don't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks and I really don't want to cancel. I don't drive, so can't do that either. Uh oh!

Is it possible to get there early and order a "vodka club" (just club), and already be sippin on that when other guests arrive? I've used that one before lol

Just say you have a sore throat and don't think alcohol is going to help?

Couldn't you just say you don't feel like a drink today?

Oh man, my birthday is on Tuesday and some of my coworkers want to take me out. I can't think of a good enough reason to not be drinking on my birthday! We were planning to wait until 12 weeks, but I'm worried that my coworkers will totally see through any excuse since it's my birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->