Why am i not loosing weight?

Mrs R

Reaction score
At the request of my F.S, I'm on a diet. I've now been following weighwatchers for 4 weeks. I'm in the gym 3 times per week for and hour and a half at a time and I've been working really hard.

And I've only lost 5 pounds :growlmad:

When I've done this is the past, the weight has fallen off.

Chocolate, crisps, chips etc have not crossed by lips in a month and all for 5 measely pounds!

I'm going back to see the F.S in a month, and he's probably going to tell me to go away and come back when I've lost something worth talking about.

Don't know what to do :shrug:

That's a more healthy and permenant weight loss than losing five pounds in the first week, which would merely be water loss and not actually weight loss. They say 1-3 pounds per week is healthy and more effective so you are doing fine. You might be on the lower end of that but it's coming off, at least.

Thanks CurleySue,

I know it's pretty sensible but my FS isn't going to like it. He told me to loose a 'significant' amount of weight and I don't think 5 pounds will cut it

Well hunny,think of it this way at least youve not put any weight on,im trying to lose around 5 stone and my weight loss is only around 2lb a week which is safe and healthy so you can imagine how long thats gonna take me.

Some weeks i stay the same and am desperate to stuff my gob BUT i think of my goal to get healthy and get my baby and that inspires me to keep going.

All i would say iss vary your diet so you eat some small bars of chocolate so your not deprived of anything,i have 2 small ones a day and it stops me bingeing on more.i have a very sweet tooth.

Your doing great,keep it up.xx

Well done on the weight loss! I am doing Weight Watchers too and have lost 3 stone so far in the space of 15 months and still have another 2 stone to get to an healthy BMI (in case we need to have IVF) but 4 stone to go in total, so it can take a while. They say that a healthy weight loss it between 1-2lbs a week and it is best that it goes that way too. If you lose a lot of weight in one go, it will creep back on as quick as it went off! If the FS doesn't like it then that won't be fair on all the hard work your putting in. I always say that any loss is better than no loss at all and 5lbs is only 2lbs off 1/2 stone and you may get that in a week or 2! Look at the positives of what you are doing hun and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Have you had your thyroid checked? Mines was overactive (Graves) a few years ago and I was majorly skinny however, since having it removed I've put on two stone and the weight takes ages to shift, even with working out.

Just a thought!

X

Well if you lost 14lbs in 4 weeks it would have just been water and would be straight back on in a few weeks, at least its actual fat you have been losing and a rate of 1-2lbs loss per week is what is advised.

Thanks CurleySue,

I know it's pretty sensible but my FS isn't going to like it. He told me to loose a 'significant' amount of weight and I don't think 5 pounds will cut it

He wouldn't want you to lose 20lbs in four weeks either, though. It would pointless and damaging. It might come off slowly but isn't it better to do it healthily than to damage your body by losing it too quickly? You'd hardly be a prime pregnancy candidate then!

I always remember reading an interview with Matt Damon, who lost a shit load of weight very quickly for a role in a movie. He ended up on medication for years after it because of all kinds of health problems, one of which being adrenal gland issues. Metabolic problems, etc. These things might all have a bearing on fertility.

I'm sure your FS is not an idiot. You might need to lose a significant amount of weight, but not in four weeks. You need to just give yourself time.

I agree with what everyone else has said ... 5 lbs over 4 weeks is a sensible rate for weightloss. You've still got another month or so until your FS appointment, in which time you could have another 5lbs (or a bit more) off.

Just out of curiousity ... Are you going to weightwatchers classes every week or are you following the online programme? I ask as I find the online programme quite difficult to follow ... I keep threatening to go to classes, but I couldn't guarantee I could be there every week - mostly due to work commitments.

Keep up the good work ... you are doing really well.

Hi hun,
Dont give up! Dont forget with the exercise, you will be toning your body up and building muscle. What kind of training are you doing? Mainly cardio?

Agree with what everyone is saying - 5lbs in 3 weeks is a good weight loss. A healthy and sustainable loss is 2lb a week, and you're almost on target there. You still have 4 weeks til FS appointment - so it's potentially another 8lbs - almost a stone in total! That'd be an amazing effort! :hugs:

I agree with the other ladies... 5 pounds is good hun... I have now lost 33 pounds over 4 months and that is 8.25 pounds a month...
I am on medication though... but try VitB12 and VitB Complex... that has helped me alot as well just to boost metabolism.. Injections are best every second day....

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

BTW i agree about FS not expecting 20 pounds in 4weeks... atleast you are losing a few pounds and making a HUGE effort.....:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->