Why am I so worried?

Christina86

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. I am about 5w4d. I went into a clinic for a confirmation of pregnancy yesterday which was of course positive. they did an ultrasound which of course showed nothing as it is early. I'm sure this is why I'm freaking out. I keep thinking somethings wrong as they didn't even see a gestational sac but only the corpus leuteum cyst which they said is a good thing. I know it's early and most times nothing is seen. With my first my us wasn't until 10w and I was a week behind.

I wish they never did the ultrasound! I have cramps only if I don't go to the bathroom after drinking something. Queasy randomly and my boobs hurt. My lower back is a bit sore but it gets that way occasionally anyway bc my si joint is out of place

It happens. Most ultrasounds can't see anything even at 7 weeks. Cramping is normal.. The worst thing you can do for yourself is worry.

When I went for my first scan at 9 weeks, my ob/gyn said she will do a normal utrasound first and if we cant see anything she will do a vaginal! I was kinda taken aback because at 9 weeks surely you can see the baby with a normal ultrasound right!!

But this just shows that its not always the case. It is still very early and would be hard for any tech to see something this early. These first weeks are the hardest but keep the faith and try to enjoy being pregnant.

I know this is perhaps not the ideal way to look at it but I used to tell myself that if something was going to go wrong, it would go wrong anyway whether I worried about it or not... Hope the next few weeks fly by with no problems :flower:

Yeah. I'm ok. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to the u/s in the first place but I figured I'd give it a try. Oy! I am starting to feel ore symptoms which is helping. Def. not how I was with my daughter but my boobs are More sore, I woke up queasy, and I'm quite bloated as my stupid pants don't fit. Cramps have subsided except for twinges in my left side (side they saw the cyst on) and I'm not bleeding or spotting.

I spoke with a co worker yesterday and I'm pretty sure my worries are from external sources. Family member being diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Sister just had a m/c two months ago. So I keep thinking what bad thing will happen next....

But no more thinking that way!

Oh I'm craving salt.... I want some pretzels with a ton of salt! =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"