Why am I such a bi*ch!?

saffy1978

Mummy to 5!
Reaction score
I know it's my hormones but I'm just so damn miserable and nasty. I'm snapping at my children and they can't understand why because we haven't told them yet that I'm pregnant. I'm a complete and utter bi*ch to my OH and he's doing the best he can to support me right now. I have four children already from a previous marriage but this is my OH's first baby and it should be a joyful time for him, but I'm totally ruining our relationship and tearing this family apart.. and I just can't seem to help it! I'm fine when I'm around other people, like friends or my mum tho.
I wake up every day and promise myself that I'm gonna be nice and loving and calm.. but the slightest thing sets me off. Plus, I even start and cause arguments for absolutely no reason whatsoever! I even smacked my son the other day... fair enough he was being really naughty and answering me back. But he's 10 years old and I haven't smacked him since he was a toddler!
I can't remember ever feeling so damn rotten like this in my other pregnancies. My OH just phoned and is really upset thinking I'm unhappy. I'm not .. I'm over the moon that we're having a baby. But why can't I show it?! When will this feeling end? Is anyone else as bad as me???
I'm totally destroying my family. :(

Awww hun, your not alone. :hugs: I have felt like this a little, snapping at my fiance and I also feel like Im isolating myself from him a bit. One minute Im clingy, the next minute im cold. Its hard I know, but your partner needs to remember your going through some major body changes at the moment and if he thinks he can do it better, try it! Snapping at everything is a hormonal symptom so there is not much you can do about it, but least your aware of what your doing so you can at least try and calm yourself down when you feel your blood boiling.

my fiance also said yesterday, " your acting well strange lately! " and I even put the bubble bath in the fridge. :dohh:

Awww hun, your not alone. :hugs: I have felt like this a little, snapping at my fiance and I also feel like Im isolating myself from him a bit. One minute Im clingy, the next minute im cold. Its hard I know, but your partner needs to remember your going through some major body changes at the moment and if he thinks he can do it better, try it! Snapping at everything is a hormonal symptom so there is not much you can do about it, but least your aware of what your doing so you can at least try and calm yourself down when you feel your blood boiling.

I feel the isolation too. I'm really struggling to go out the house also. It takes all my effort just to go down the shops. I just feel like hiding away in the house till I'm 3 months gone, and I've had my scan and know everything is ok and I can tell everyone. The days are going so slow and I'm so miserable. I'm scared that I'm slipping into depression again. I had bad post natal depression after having my children, and was on medication up until 2 years ago. I've heard that you can get antenatal depression also. I really hope this isn't the start of it. xx

Just to add, ( I really should have put all this in one thread) but I read somewhere that the more aggressive you become can signal the amount of testosterone in the blood stream , meaning you might be having a boy? I dont know if its true or not though

I feel the isolation too. I'm really struggling to go out the house also. It takes all my effort just to go down the shops. I just feel like hiding away in the house till I'm 3 months gone, and I've had my scan and know everything is ok and I can tell everyone. The days are going so slow and I'm so miserable. I'm scared that I'm slipping into depression again. I had bad post natal depression after having my children, and was on medication up until 2 years ago. I've heard that you can get antenatal depression also. I really hope this isn't the start of it. xx

Im sending you a pm hun x

Just to add, ( I really should have put all this in one thread) but I read somewhere that the more aggressive you become can signal the amount of testosterone in the blood stream , meaning you might be having a boy? I dont know if its true or not though

oh that's interesting. fingers crossed! Bubble bath in the fridge? :rofl: that just made me laugh out loud. .. lol..:hugs:

Its ok hun, it will get better. Don't be too hard on yourself and see if you can take a few hours out a week for yourself. Go for a walk, or a swim maybee. If your children are old enough to understand, prehaps it would be nice to let ,them know. :) have faith hunn

Hi there,

I just wanted to add that you are definately not alone! My moods are so up and down at the moment, I hate it.

After a mmc in april, we were desperate for me to get pg again and so over the moon when we got our BFP. But my moods are awful, I just flip sometimes & literally can feel my blood boiling! I had a horrible row with my OH last night. He doesn't understand the idea of pg hormones effecting mood swings and thinks it is just an excuse. Argh! I'm the same about not wanting to leave the house, I'm a teacher and so off on school holidays and I have spent weeks just lying round the house watching rubbish tv or on the internet. I have no motivation and feel so tired and nauseous I can't bring myself to do much. We are having a scan on Thursday (8 weeks) and hopefully if all is well we are going to tell our families - I hope this will help & also I am back to work in a week.

So sorry that this has turned into a big moan ttcsaffy!! But you definately are not alone!! If you are really concerned and have suffered from depression in the past maybe it would be good to talk to your GP?

Take care, love Kristen xx

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

I have been the same lately. I get into really bad moods, & then I get episodes that I just want to cry. At work the other day, I was so bitchy & then I just wanted to cry. Last night I had crying fits & I just wanted to cry & cry, & I did. I was fine after that.

Mine havent been that bad yet BUT with jamie i was terrible i even walked out on my hubby the day of our wedding anni (the day before jamie was born) it was horrible.

You're definitely not alone, i am such a bitch lately too. I get wound up over the simplest things, i'm starting to get mad everytime i attempt to fit on a dress or some jeans (i really need to admit theyre not gonna fit and get some maternity clothes) and i get wound up because, say, my mobiles not where i thought it was or something. The littlest things make me shout and scream! Im terrible =( My OH is really understanding though which helps, he just bears with me and laps it up when im in a good mood!

I find getting away from it all and having a nice bubble bath calms me down a lot...
Try getting your OH to take the kids sometime when your feeling crazy, and go off for some peace and quiet :) xx

Yeah, you're SO not alone. I feel really agitated or something pretty much all the time. There are a few people that just irritate the crap out of me, all of a sudden. I have no tolerance for any of their BS and it's been really hard to hide it. I hope this passes...I feel like it's not good for my blood pressure hehe

Oh, I am in the same boat! I am just so friggin aggitated these days. I snap at anything and EVERYTHING!!
OH is no help with his. He's a natural teaser. While I can normally deal with this, lately it just sends me into fits of rage. And he doesn't understand at all, and has actually called me a baby for overreacting. That didn't go over too well...Trying to explain things doesn't work, and this just ticks me off even more.
Usually I'm on the verge of wanting to leave. Then I take a second, remember it's just the hormones, and try and calm myself down. I stay far away from OH while doing this! After a few hours, I'm fine again, and then we start the process all over again. I just want to pull my hair out!!!

im like that too dw hun im worse than you believe me i cause arguments with my OH every 2minutes and its really getting me down im so depressed about it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->