Why am I thinking about a 3rd baby so soon??

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I've been thinking about our 3rd baby already. I don't want to be pregnant yet but I can't wait till it's time to try.
I don't know if it's that I want 3 kids quite close in ages and I'm looking forward to getting the baby stage out of the way or something.
I don't know if I feel a bit incomplete just now even tho ive got 2 perfect daughters!
I'm so broody I can't wait for it all again- the excitement of getting the bfp, the announcing, getting a wee bump then feeling first movements and all the other wonderful pregnancy stuff! Then preparing for the baby coming. I love it. And then having a new member of your family.
My DH wants to wait another 3-4 years but I want to start ttc next yr (hence my ticker lol)
I think im scared that if I wait a few more years I'll enjoy having a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old too much and not want to go back to the baby stage! I also want similar age gaps so they'll all be similar ages!

I think this can be very normal for some people - must be the hormones! plus the happiness around having a new baby, it really does bring out the best in me so you want to reinact it again and again. About a week or so after i had my son i was soooo broody all i could think about was doing it all again, and at 8 weeks pp i was pregnant. I definitely don't regret it and its worked out great for me- still early days but very happy with the gap, obviously you also have your older daughter but if you were planning on having 3 anyway then there are lots of positives :)

I dont feel broody at all this time - im glad as we were only planning 2 and i was scared id get the crazy broody feeling again!!

I totally felt that way [well wanted our 2nd] from basically the day after I delivered until she was about 5 months old. Then it started to fade [although I still want another but I feel like I can wait now without feeling totally void or like something is missing :blush:] Part of me chalked it up to hormones. Part to truly wanting another, as I've always dreamed of a close age gap and dh was completely on board ["why stop now, we're on a roll" -DH :haha:]
I think it's totally normal! The feeling may fade a bit as you get farther out from PP but when you want another, the heart wants what it wants :D

I think it's great!
Go for it. I always wanted 3.
I really wish I could but I've had severe pnd both times now (I'm very likely to get it gain apparently!) and I'm just starting to feel a bit more normal now... So I can't for the sake of me and it wouldn't be fair on my family I don't think :(

I feel exactly the same. A part of me thinks I'm crazy for wanting a 3rd so soon, but a bigger part feels like someone is missing in our family and I can't wait to meet him/her! I also am scared if I wait too long I wont gave the guts to start all over again, so I am hoping for 3 under 4! At least they can all grow up together and enjoy the same things.

I've wanted a third since DS2 was about 10 days old and I'm still set on having a third at 4.5 months. If I want another similar age gap (20 months) then I've got 7 months until we TTC, but I think we may wait about 10 months as I'd love another spring/early summer baby.

My baby is not even two months old yet and I've already been thinking about #3 so I don't think it's too soon at all! For me, I really just want to get the baby making stage over with and move on with the next stage of my life, but I don't believe my family will be complete until we get a third child. I love the excitement of pregnancy and a new baby and all, but I think I really like a set routine better. I don't enjoy getting back in shape after baby, or the having to come back from maternity leave, adjusting to a new schedule, etc.

I'm also thinking about it because we had trouble conceiving our second, and although we found the likely cause, in the back of my head I'm worried we will have trouble again. We really aren't ready for a third child right now so I try not to obsess too much about it.

I totally get what you are saying. I have 4 beautiful children, 3 under 3, and we have spoken many times about when is the best time to try for baby no5.
I am so so broody after giving birth, for weeks even a couple of months, it's all i think about. Then it does go away a bit.

We always said 5 kids so maybe i won't feel complete until i get there.

I just want to wait a little before TTC no5... I want to enjoy the ones i have now and if that is to be my last pregnancy I want to enjoy it to max!!Love pregnancy and giving birth too too much! :)

xx

Wow such positive responses! Great thanks makes me feel like I'm not a total nutter!

Calidreaming I feel the same- it took us 2.5 years to conceive #1, I'm scared #3 will be the same!!

:hugs: you and I are in the same situation, I probably could have written this post myself, except I have a 10 month old and a 3 yr old, and have been considering #3 since DS was 3 months old :wacko:

And I honestly don't even know why I am considering it as being outnumbered by children scares the hell out of me, and there is no way I am ready to be pregnant again! Maybe it's because everyone around me is getting pregnant or announcing pregnancies, it's contagious, darn them! :haha:

I feel the same way too... I have a 5 year old (girl) and 10 month old (girl). I've always only wanted to have 2 but now I feel like maybe I want to have a 3rd and try for a boy. But I cant decide if I'm crazy to try for 3 and it's just hormones or what. My family just "assumes" we're done since we have 2 but this feeling is just nagging at me...

I also think about how so many things are geared for families of 4...I'd need to get a larger car, it would be harder to take the kids out on my own, DH & I would be outnumbered etc.

This is me!! I've been broody since ds2 was born. He is such a well behaved, beautiful baby he's done nothing to change my mind!! I think we will go for it around Christmas time.

Good to know I'm not alone. lol
Would love to start trying for a 3rd now but really want to get back in shape first... going to try and hold off till 2016+ god knows how. Lol

There's no question for me of 'if' it's definitely 'when'?
I'd like to try for another 2 year gap with my newest daughter!
I'm imagining 6/8/10 yr olds all playing together!!
We have a 7 seater at the moment but planning on downsizing as we really don't need it just now.
Plus I'm really only taking a pram for my baby at the moment- my toddler either walks or uses the buggy board!
I just need to convince Hubble! He's one of 8 and I'm trying to say that he gets on best with his closest in age siblings! Which is the truth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->