WHY are all maternity shirts striped?!

ashxd

Reaction score
I've been looking to start buying some basic maternity shirts because my boobs are HUGE and I need extra length. I'd say 75% of the shirts are just striped. Horizontal stripes. I'm already gaining weight... do I really need stripes to make me look wider. I know someone is gonna say "I've seen so many plain shirts..." etc. But I'm pregnant and irrational so don't judge me! haha.... Sorry. Rant over.

Any suggestions for Plus size maternity clothes that are at least kinda trendy? :wacko:](*,);)

I've noticed that too as I just started looking at maternity clothes. Maybe they figure we are already getting big, why not add to it with horizontal stripes! For what its worth, I did some many solid tops on Old Navy's website. And they usually have plus sizes too. I've only looked there and at Target as I don't want to spend too much until I'm really showing. I just need some in between outfits until I figure out how large I am lol. Plus a lot of the stuff is very wintery and here in Florida, that's no good.

Have you tried Younkers or Target? That's where I get most of my stuff and with spring coming they are getting more spring like patterns/colors. I don't see stripped too often.

I ended up getting most of my maternity stuff from Old Navy! My local store has a great maternity section, but I think there's a pretty good online selection, too.

Pinkblushmaternity!!! Precious stuff. Good prices... and 30% off coupon if you sign up for their email list!

I haven't even noticed lol. I've never bought maternity clothes before just normal stuff in bigger sizes lol

Motherhood maternity as well as pinkblush has lots cute stuff right now. Have fun shopping! :)

I agree. Lots of stripes. I noticed that when I was shopping when I was pregnant with DD. So I unfortunately have a lot of stripped maternity tops.

I'll have to check out the places suggested because my old tops are pretty warn, and I really would rather have a variety than just stripped tops.

Asos.com have some amazing maternity clothes. Yes, some tops on there are striped- it's unavoidable! :haha: but they've also got some plain Ts and some beautiful dresses :) select your country up the top and then when you are the maternity section, just select your size on the left side bar to make it easier :)

Haha! I was just wondering that yesterday while shopping. I'm wearing one of the shirts i bought now and take a guess what it looks like!

Try GAP and Old Navy. 99% of the shirts and dresses I bought from there was just basic colors! Motherhood had some trendier styles, but they were more expensive.

Thank you everyone! I will be looking at some non-striped shirts tomorrow! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"