why are people so insensitive without realising

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
i have almost decided my sons name is going to be mason but when people ask about names and i say it they either just look blank or start suggesting other names so i get it they dont really like it!! i really love it but i dont want to give my son a horrible name what do u all think is it such a bad name? because its starting to get to me and im starting to question my choice but i know deep down i love it

Its a lovely name!! Heres a tip for now though, if people ask if youve decided on a name just say no, or say your keeping it as a suprise.

You cant please everyone, if you could, we'd all have the same name lol

Go with what you love!!!

I've not told anyone i know our baby names choices (other than on here - but when it's anonymous it's fine!) as i really don't want to know there opinions.

I know when my niece was named Molly when she was born, i didn't really like it. But now i love it because it's her name, and she's a wonderful little girl and it really suits her. So a random name means nothing until it's attached to a gorgeous little person, so stick with what your gut tells you..

yeah its a nice name, keep it to urself, and ignore those who dont like it, hes your son!

kate..thats what i think when you get used to a name and the child is called that u can imagine it with no other name

I had this when pregnant with Toby:hissy:

People keep asking this time "have you thought of any names yet?" I just say no:rofl:

Nobody tries to change your mind once baby is born and named, they only seem to do it when you're pregnant. Don't tell anyone or lie and say "Paul" or something:dohh:

By the way it's a lovely name, different but not "too" unusual either....I like it, can I steal it?:rofl:

its a lovely name! I love the name Louis (louie) and my sister and mum both started suggesting other names!! And they even said well we will just call him Jake!!! how rude! I dont care anyway our baby will have a name we have picked not what they want!

(they approved of my girl names)

i know a mason, I think its a great name. I love louie too katiensam, that's deffo on my list, I can't believe that your family would just call him a different name! If my mum did that to me I would ask her if she wanted to be called grannie or nannie and call her which ever she disliked. Or maybe bumwit.

I like that name! Forget everyone else and go with what you want, you'll regret it if you don't.

I think its a nice name.
just tell you've changed your mind and your calling him Albert, lol.

Kateqpr, you didnt like the name Molly.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Only kidding!lol!I think Mason is lovely. We all choose our names because we like them personally, and that is all that matters. I like other names, but the names you choose for your own children represent your own tastes and feelings.People may not like my children's names, but I think it is rude for people to be negative to someones face. I think it is important for people to be positive about suggestions and supportive, not negative, so that is just not on.

Shimmy,
xxx

:hugs: i remember having exactly the same thing, up till our gender scan, then i never bothered telling any one because it was the same! and even now - 'why do you have to spell madeliene like that!' 'hope's a bit strange, is the next one going to be charity' - actually i quite like charity, but no probably not, :grr: sending you huge hugs and i love Mason, think its a gorgeous name :hugs

hi hunni wehn people asked about my son what hes name would be i use to say nathan but i new in my head he was always gona be called dainton lol so when he was born people were shocked but the way i see it if you like that name you go for it i think mason is a great name hun xx

I had one name choice ruined already because I told people and now I am not telling anyone the new name I picked even though i have no boys name just a girls name. Keep it to yourself because everyone thats not preg will be naming your child for you anyway and diagreeing. :( its sad.

I think Mason is a great name. It's unique but not super odd like say um "Apple".

I keep telling everyone we don't know what name we like yet..even though we have more than one in mind. This has sort of backfired though because now my dad keeps calling the baby "Harry".....:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->