why are they negative about it?!

mummy2jack

Reaction score
i have signed lo one up for water babies, yes i admit its a lot of money but its not just bout splashing about in the water, this could potentially save his life as well as give him fantastic skills, physically and mentally. It helps brain development and allsorts.... plus bonding time for us etc i am really looking forward to taking him but friends/family kinda turn their nose up at me and say...you could just as easy teach him to swim at the local pool for £3....what a waste of money blah blah blah.....Why can none of them just be pleased! I dont have much money am a single parent but still feel proud of myself that i am doing something so worthwhile for him :(
No need for a reply just wanted to get it off my chest xx

Awwwww i really want to do waterbabies but unfortunately cant afford it at minute.... i so would if i could though it looks brilliant! x

Omg how negative is that??? I don't have a lot of money either but am definitely going to take my baby to that sort of thing, and give her swimming lessons too! Not only will it potentially save a baby's life, it will also keep them healthy and promote exercise for later in life!!! I think it's great that you're doing that for him! Nothing better to spend the money on imo!

Ive never done waterbabies, but its a thing for you and Lo, you'll meet other mums, have fun, why cant some people keep judgement to themselves? :hugs: go for it!

I get fed up with people being so judgemental and sticking their noses in!!! You should be allowed to do what you want with your baby - your baby, your money, your rules!!

I think waterbabies sounds great.

xxxx

I've found that people normally make that kind of comment out of jealousy.

It's your money and your LO, don't listen to them, do what you feel comfortable with. :hugs:

:growlmad: Don't listen to them! You are going a great thing!

Water babies is.brilliant. I've started takin Lo and she loves it.

Who cares what u want to spend ur money in! Some people annoy me

Xxx

i think its a great idea, i havent been to any but i have tought my children to swim myself they are now 8 and 5 and both have been swimming independently for a yr or so, but it was hard and i didnt know what i was doing, and probs could of had them swimming alot earlier if i had a proper instructor doing it X

Thanks xx i feel like i have to justify it to everyone, anyone would think i got commision or something i end up trying to sell it that much!! lol Even my granmda tho pretty much had a go at me saying " well you'll just do what you want anyway" in THAT tone....you know what i mean...:lol: as if i'm a teenager who wants to do somethin they shouldn't. I'm nearly 28!!
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! now breathe :)

We got that too. Mostly from other Mums, but i put it down to jealousy or something along those lines. You are doing something very good for your LO, it IS worth it!

Your money, your decision hon and really none of their business. I would say though that the baby and toddler swimming lessons at the local pools are nearly the same at a fraction of the cost except you don't get the photo shoots etc so if you do ever end up being short of cash and want to keep up the swimming lessons, it is a great option :)

mum took me to waterbabies - I was even in a magazine yay!
I now swim like a fish above and below the water.
she never bothered with my brother (3yrs younger) as two kids was too much hassle to take at once, dad always working.
he is 25 now and can't really swim, I am sure he would figure it out if required but doesn't like the water at all.
his excuse - 6ft 4" so he can touch the bottom anyway....
our 6yr old hated water even as a baby but he can happily swim in a pool with a float that you hold out the front, he just wont swim without it.
LO she gets dunked all the time, doesn't even blink.
go for it - I always say they dont have to like it, as long as they learn so that they can do it, even if they never ever go in the water again at least they can attempt to save themselves if required xx

I take my LO to aquababies, and it's brilliant, we don't have much money either, but it's sooo worth it, he's only had a few lessons, and the teacher has said next week he'll be ready to dive on his own (he's top of the class!:haha:) He loves it so much, and i could never think to do any of the stuff the teacher does with us. So try not to pay any attention to them all, they'll be eating their words when your LO is swimming like a fish!:hugs:

As a childrens swimming instructor, I wouldn't take my baby to a baby swimming class because I know how to teach them myself but if I didn't, I think it would be worthwhile taking them along. It's your money to do as you wish with it.

We took Emma to swimming lessons from 3 months. Swimeasy not Water Babies as there was not a class that suits. We did it for 6 months and then topped. We take her swimming at the pool at our gym every week. Emma can swim a pool length in her arm bands unaided. She is like a fish.

Thats rubbish - I do waterbabies with both my kids, yes its expensive but my LO can swim on his own at 2yrs old with the help of a float - doesn't need me anymore! Most public pools wont accept kids for proper lessons until they are at least 3 and a lot of the mother and baby swim lessons here are rubbish and the pools are bloody freezing! Good on you and shame on them for not being more supportive. Its a skill for life that could even save a life one day so well worth doing in my opinion.

I find that people have an opinion on whatever you do, particuarly the older generation. Because my mum bottle fed myself and my brother she wasn't particuarly helpful when I chose to breastfeed. You will encounter it many more times I am sure but you just stick to your guns. Literally just let it wash over your head because he is your son, you are now a mother and its your time, not theirs. Always follow your instincts and your son won't be brought up much better.

Have a great time, I bet it will be heaps of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->