Why can't I be fat and happy?

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
Why oh why can't I just be happy? I honestly don't think I'm ever going to be happy with my size, I'm fed up of feeling fatter and fatter everyday. Iv always been big, since 5years old. I'm a size 20 and 5fy9.
I got down to a size 16 beginning of year on cambridge diet, and now I back to where I started weighing nearly the same as I did after I gave birth o my 2nd!!

I would t even care if I was big, but I have not one nice outfit and no clothes what so ever which I think o putting me down aswell. It's mentally toturing
Everyday I just feel crap. I just like my food too much and "comfort" eat alot. Iv tried every diet going and can't stick to ww or sw because weightless is slow :(

I would die for a glastic band so badly :( but can't afford it..

Any ideas to up my confidence? I see bigger girls walking around looking stunning, but how do they do it?!

Im the same. Im also single which makes it harder, I spent years with someone who never made me feel loved. Ive lost weight before and put it all back on. Now I am determind but I know its going to take a while so I signed up to the gym and I am just going to try a bit of healthy eating and smaller portions.
Its hard to feel happy when big because there is so much surrounding weight. I dont feel like I fit in because I am bigger.
I just want to be what I was when I had the twins

i am such a on/off dieter i too comfort eat and out of boredom but im kinda learning to b happy i have all i want in one house and they love me however i am so im not gunna diet for the public(which i was in the trap of)

I am sure you look fine hun xx my friend has just started a hypnoband thing xx

Oh hun I know that feeling. I lost 3.5 stone during my pregnancy and was feeling absolutely fantastic. The minute I went back on the depo at 6wks pp my appetite went absolutely crazy and I'm now heavier than I was when I got pregnant - I feel so fat, frumpy and so thoroughly ashamed of myself.

I'm joining a gym with my friend who is also a big girl - we are determined to do something about it.

If you can afford to go and get yourself one nice outfit it will make you feel so much better - that's what I did.

:hugs:

First of all think about food. I eat a big meal for brekkie and my meals get smallwe throughout the day. Also I don't have carbs after 6.

Also clothing works wonders.
I'm a 16/18 and I wear clothes mainly from asos curve and forever 21+ (my fave online store!) which are fashionable and flattering. Also the models on the site are similar sizes so you can see how it will look.
Layers work well. I always wear leggings (as I have slim legs) andlayer up a shortish top over a long camisole (to cover my bum!) then cardis and zip up hoodies on top.
It's about just wearing it and now caring.
I look at quite a few 'fatshion' blogs to give me ideas.

I've been doing SW since May and have lost 4stone, (I just won Miss Slinky for our group :D ) I think that's quite quick. You don't want to lose weight too quickly or it wont stay off. SW is awesome, you're never hungry, it's the only diet that's ever worked for me.
I think you need to change your attitude about it, I was a bit like you 'I need to lose it all NOW' but as soon as I started thinking one stone at a time, it seemed to come off quicker.

First of all think about food. I eat a big meal for brekkie and my meals get smallwe throughout the day. Also I don't have carbs after 6.

Also clothing works wonders.
I'm a 16/18 and I wear clothes mainly from asos curve and forever 21+ (my fave online store!) which are fashionable and flattering. Also the models on the site are similar sizes so you can see how it will look.
Layers work well. I always wear leggings (as I have slim legs) andlayer up a shortish top over a long camisole (to cover my bum!) then cardis and zip up hoodies on top.
It's about just wearing it and now caring.
I look at quite a few 'fatshion' blogs to give me ideas.

The whole 'no carbs after x-time' is an old myth, you know.

I know. But I feel really stodgy going to bed with a tummy full of carbs. Which then makes me sluggish in the morning. :thumb up:
Also means I don't snack on crap in the evening.

Plain cashews are great to nibble on. Or sliced apple with a tsp of smooth peanut butter *drools* :haha:

I lost 3 stone in 5 months with SW!

You sound like me!

I am a 16/18 and I hate it! I wouldnt have the nerve to join any groups and I don't have the cash to do it online.

My clothes are shit coz I never used to be this size and I havent a clue what I should wear!

I know its not the proper way but I wish there was a quick fix lol!

I'm the same, I've always been a big girl since being about 7 years old. I piled on a lot of weight in my youngers day because I comfort ate when there was 2 sudden deaths by people who meaned the world to me. Since then it's just crept up I'm a size 20/22 and have never felt "sexy or attractive" :nope:
I have no idea how some of these larger ladies look so glamourous, I can NEVER find any nice clothes and I dress older than my years sometimes (I'm 22). I basically live out of the same clothes day in day out, I've never really bought myself new clothes in years because I can never find any that suit me, plus the shops that do sell my size are always so expensive!
I've tried every diet/tablet going, WW, SW, Xenical, Chinese herbal remedy and I'm currently trying slim fast. I lost 3st with SW but never dropped any dress sizes :wacko: and now I'm stuck, nothing wants to come off. I've also been refered to a weight consultant who's going to be talking to me about the foods I eat, etc. Which in all honesty I do not eat bad so I can't understand why I'm not loosing anything.

Sorry, thought I'd get my mini rant in there also :haha:

I went asda today and found some jeans, and a nice jumper, looked okay on but my god I have major over hang on my Jean even though they was high waisted!

Hugs hun.
I lost 6 st on ww in 18mths. Got to a size 10-12 was at goal weight for 6 wks then got pregnant. baby is 9 mths and iv put on 4.5 st back on and im a size 18 :( im so ashamed xx

Im starting slimming world tomorrow! I went out in tights n skirt today!! I felt so embarrassed but OH gave me nice conpliments lol

I used to have panic attacks when I went out because I thought everyone was staring at me.
SW has given me so much confidence, I started out at 17st and I am now 12 st 13lbs and I joined in May this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"