Why can't I be good ...

Kelskiii

Reaction score
We are wtt in the summer ...

Giving me 6months to lose at least 3 stone.

I'm quite fit I exercise almost every day.

I go to slimming world where I stick to plan maybe 3 out of 7 days each week.

I don't know what my problem is. Last pregnancy I had to be under a consultant which I was not happy about. I'm still over weight a size 16. I was a stone less than I am now when I got pregnant and around size 14.

I want to be way below that so I'm not consultant led yet I just can't be good :(

:hugs: I know that it is hard...I've lost 68 pounds with 12 to go. Losing weight is all in diet. Exercise is great for so many reasons, but really it comes down to diet. You have to be good 90% of the week, so allows you a couple cheats but that's all.

I found it very helpful to think of it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. We went to low sodium, low calorie, low sugar foods...basically eliminating frozen and processed food and opting to cook at home instead (we used to eat out almost every night). Meal planning and not buying anything to tempt you is my key. If its in the house, we will consume it so we just Dont bring it in.

Some of the first changes we made were no soda only water, veggie straws and rice cakes (there is a buttered popcorn flavor one that's amazing) instead of potato chips and using a no salt seasoning blend line (Mrs Dash). We also purged all frozen foods and high sodium content foods. I watch all sodium content with what i buy (DH has a heart condition and so low sodium is mandatory). Most things have a no salt option so I always get that.

We've been going strong since June and have tweaked as we go. I used to strictly track my calories but now I can track more mentally since I pretty much eat the same thing everyday (boring but I see results so got to keep going!)

You will always fail until the time that you Dont. All you can do is to keep going!

Wish you the very best :hugs:

Reputedly willpower has a lot to do with dieting success, and circumventing will challenges is a good strategy for success. Such as the mentioned 'don't bring it into the house' strategy. If it is there, you will consume it.

Laziness factors in too: if it's too much work and you hate cooking, you won't do it. So cook less often. How? Use something like the slow-cooker method: prep a lot of freezable healthy meals on a weekend day that can be dumped into a slow cooker and turned on before you leave for work. Presto: ready made dinner when you arrive home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->