Why can't I do it ...

Kelskiii

Reaction score
In June we've decided I can come off the pill to start ttc in July .... only if I've got my last 14lb of baby weight off (preferably more) ...

I just can't do it ... different things in life keep happening causing stress & chaos ... making me fall off my diet.

I do a lot of exercise at least 6hours a week ... but then i'm just ruining that exercise with the food I eat.

I'm still overweight if I lose my baby weight & I was very uncomfortable last maternity leave - I put 35lb on during pregnancy. I want to feel healthier especially when I will have a newborn & a 3 year old to run around after.

We go on holiday in 10 weeks ... I could be ttc in 14 weeks. I need to do it this time ... no more excuses.

How exciting!!

Best advice I can give you - fail to prepare = prepare to fail.

On a Saturday write down all of your food for the week. Prep your salads and meals. Bag up your breakfasts and snacks. Lay it all out!

When you don't even have to think about what to eat it's so much easier xx

Thanks mummy2boysx this is what I need to do!! When i'm at work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday .. i'm very prepared but then the chaos of the rest of the week hits.

I need to plan for the end of the week too and stick to it .. it's the snacking that's my problem but if I want to lose weight I need to quit the chocolate and crisps x

Get rid of all the snacks in the house. That was my biggest issue. Not sure what kind of diet you are wanting to go through, but I've lost 14lbs cutting out processed foods and breads/pastas. Lots of water. Protein with every meal and lots of veggies! If you end up slipping up and have something like chocolate then just make sure you exercise longer that day.

KylasBaby when i'm on plan I do the same plan as you & I lose quite quickly but if I fall off plan I put it all back on & more :(

Well done on the loss!! do you have much to lose?

The house is full of chocolate because of easter & its my husbands 30th party tonight so there is snacky food everywhere.

I'm thinking about locking all the chocolate away & giving my husband the key.

Every week seems to be some kind of occasion which involves food. I think I need to write a diary out for the days I can be on plan rather than letting the days I can't be ruin my whole week x

I have cut out all processed carbs like bread, pasta and sugar. If I get my carbs from fruit and veggies I lose weight like crazy.

I also second planning for the week.

I want to lose 51lb total so I have a ways to go. Even then ideally I'd like to lose another 20 but not sure I've ever weighed that little haha.

Definitely get the treats where you can't get them. I threw all my eater chocolate away. I had 4 little chocolate eggs the size of my thumb and that was it. Though my birthday is next week and I'm damn sure going to have cake! I'll just spend extra time on the treadmill. Probably not going to be worth it as anytime I have a cheat meal it sticks on good.

Once you make a few small changes the rest will fall in line pretty easily. It was tough for us at first, but now it's easy. We only have healthy snacks around so I have no choice. Since our daughter is just a baby she's a blank slate and we really want to be sure we stick with eating healthy.

You can do it! In a similar situation. I gained loads with my last baby, and have the final 8-10lbs to lose.

I'm sure your holiday and ttc will be motivation for you :)

Well, since I was adault I have been to heavy, just litle bit to heavy at first but been geting heavyer, comes in jumps, maby same weight for long time then suddenly 5kg.. and so on. I am now about 20 kg to heavy. I have two kids and I was 5 and 7 kg lighter than I am now. That isnt much but I have never ever been able to get them off more than maby 3kg, 5 kg. most I have goten of was 8 kg butI have goten 5 of them back ;/ I wanted to be similar when I got pg next time.
So in my mind it is like if I am going to postpone TTC for baby #3 until I am in the right weight (even if I would still be to heavy) I might never get to TTCing! So I am on monday going to start changing things and keep doing that if I am lucky to get pg :) and just keep going even then and hopefully I wont pack the kg on!

But Like the girls say you might if you prep right get that weight of before the day you are aiming for.

Hey, I'm also trying to lose some weight before ttc #2. I fell pregnant easily when I was bang on healthy weight, but the only pregnancy I carried to term was conceived when my BMI put me just in the overweight category (literally just!)

Right now I am only between 5 and 8 lb up on when I conceived her, but it puts me further up the overweight category. To get back to my comfortable weight I need to lose 2st.

I'd really recommend slimming world if you haven't already tried it. You can still snack, even crisps and chocolate if you want!

I find that the best way to eat healthier is small snacks throughout to day. Instead of focusing on a diet plan or cutting out certain foods, just stock up on healthy snacks that are small. For instance, when I go to work I bring about 3 mandarin oranges, a bran muffin, a high fibre granola bar, a container of carrots, and some crackers and hummus. Then, I try to eat a little bit every half hour. It could even be just eating one carrot, but by eating every half hour you avoid the highs and lows of eating three big meals, and also, you never give yourself time to feel hungry for the sugary snacks. Also, allowing yourself to eat the things you like, but healthier. I have a major sweet tooth, so I just eat lots of fruits!

Thanks for all your comments ladies :)

Will definitely be taking on board your tips .. planning is going to be my key to success I think.

All my easter chocolate has now gone, the party food is out of the house ... I even sent most the cake with family & friends (that was very very hard).

Tonight i'm going to get most my food prepared for the beginning of the week (I work mon/tues/wed) on Thursday I will prepare my food for the end of the week. Low carb high protein meals & healthy snacks.

Exercise planned for the week also - I've wrote it in my journal so hopefully I will stick to it.

I've decided to completely cut out chocolate, bread, crisps & sweets for the next 10 weeks .. if I can't stick to plan to make baby #2 when will I ever do it?

I'm still overweight when I lose my last 14lb of baby weight so ideally I would like to lose more than this BUT I've been trying to lose this 14lb for the last year ... so this is my first target then i'm going to work on getting more off ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->