Why cant i find babys HB on doppler

mummylove

Reaction score
I still cant find my babys HB on my doppler. Im thinking i av a rubbish dopper its not a named one i got it cus it was £21 but now wish i got a angel sound one. Should i be able to pick the HB up by now?

I've just been to the midwife and she found the heartbeat - I'm 16 weeks, she was poking it bottom right if that helps. Think it's just takes time to find it. I was just looking at Angelsounds myself, seen some good reviews. Check out the reviews for your one and see what other people have said about them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AngelSound...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1307526388&sr=8-1

Just bought this one

its so easy to miss babys heartbeat at this sage still, try very low down and move very slowly over your tummy x

Hey hun... I had an emergancy EPU appointment last Tuesday and the midwife couldnt even find baby with her doppler!! I spent £100 on my hime doppler - not that I would recommend that, but I found it when I got home that day.

I would say it depends where your looking etc, my midwife didnt keep hers still... but I get mine a put it in one sopt and slowly move it along my pubic hairline - baby is still quite low. Maybe try with a full bladder, or have a shower etc then try.

\xxx

My baby is still 4 inches or so below my belly button.

I have no bump and still pretty flat tummy so think that makes it easier.

This is my 2nd baby so have found it much quicker.

I found hb at 9+5 and find it within about 30secs now. Had midwife appt the other day and she didnt have to look for it, soon as she put doppler on my tummy hb was heard.

I have the pink angelsounds doppler - used it last 2 pregnancies and found it great! I paid £22 new for it from Amazon, last week or week before Amazon had it down to less than £10 new including delivery!!:flower:

Just try really low, alot lower than you would think. Even at 23 weeks sometimes i can only hear it just above the hairline.. xx

I can't fine mine I thought I did but that was mine! I'm thinking from all the noise in the position they were at scan is that the placenta is on the outside so I can't get the right angle, stops me freaking anyway!

I am 14 weeks too and have just found it today. Try it at different times of the day. I was trying before bed and couldn't find it but tried this morning and it took no time at all.

my midwife couldn't find mine at 16 weeks, baby is in a funny position

Mummylove-are you sure that yours is a doppler, and not just a fetal heartbeat listener? I've seen a few of those at places like Babies R Us, and the supermarkets. The baby is too tiny to hear with a microphone yet. Just a thought.

The Angelsounds one is great, I've found it every day since 12w in a couple of minutes.

Mummylove-are you sure that yours is a doppler, and not just a fetal heartbeat listener? I've seen a few of those at places like Babies R Us, and the supermarkets. The baby is too tiny to hear with a microphone yet. Just a thought.

The Angelsounds one is great, I've found it every day since 12w in a couple of minutes.

this is it if u can see it

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180658470298

The BabySound B is normally pretty well reviewed. I can only think that perhaps it's the position that you are looking with. Have you tried running it very slowly across the top of your pubic hairline? And are the batteries still strong? You have to look in all directions as you move it across, and it takes a bit of pressure too-I can't just rest it on my belly. I do it like the doc did with my first pregnancy.

Good luck either way hun, I hope you get one working.

Ive posted this on several threads about dopplers.

Angel Sounds is a great doppler. All the others I reviewed and looked were advisable from 24 weeks onwards.

With Angel Sounds you can if youre lucky pick up babys hb from 9 weeks onwards.

Put the doppler very low down in the middle near your pubic bone. You will need to put slight pressure on and move it around in that area carefully and slowly. Too far to the left or right and you will pick up your own femoral heartbeat. Ive been using mine from 12 weeks and have found baby everytime :) Hope that helps
x

The BabySound B is normally pretty well reviewed. I can only think that perhaps it's the position that you are looking with. Have you tried running it very slowly across the top of your pubic hairline? And are the batteries still strong? You have to look in all directions as you move it across, and it takes a bit of pressure too-I can't just rest it on my belly. I do it like the doc did with my first pregnancy.

Good luck either way hun, I hope you get one working.

Ive tried everything sometimes i pick up 117BPM but i no that isnt high enough for baby. Ive ordered a angel sound one so gonna wait for that to cum. Might av another go tomorrow night and change the batteries

Ok, so what is up with my baby then??? My baby at 12 weeks was just a couple of inches below my belly button...no where NEAR as low as people keep saying? Hmmm...very strange. THis was at my US appt, I could see exactly where the baby was...and the top of my uterus was just below my belly button!
I still can't hear my with my doppler as I have anterior placenta...so it makes it harder to hear the HB.

I still have to go very low to pick up the heartbeat even at nearly 20 weeks, nearly right on my bladder, but I keep telling everyone that she likes to use my bladder as a nice little bed, she never seems to move off of it. Try checking lower and move very slowly. If i move even a centimeter off of the heartbeat then I can't hear it. Just keep trying.

Mummy love, at my mw appt last week when I was 16+1 she picked the HB up straight away, loud and clear. She asked me if I had a phone which could record the sound which I did so I sat up and got my phone out. As soon as I laid back down there was NOTHING!!! She struggled to find the HB again and I only pick up a very faint HB for a few secs on my phone so I really wouldn't be alarmed. Babe is probably in a position that makes it difficult to hear. It is weird just how low down it all is so give that a try when you get the new one, but please don't worry if you can't pick it up for a while yet.
xxx

I still haven't been able to find mine at 15 weeks. I was told that since i have an inverted (flipped) uterus, it is much more difficult to locate because baby is farther towards the back. I really wouldn't take home dopplers for too much accredibility... you never know, and it's not worth worrying if you can't find it at home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->