Why can't our bodies be more predictable?

Thank you for your kind thoughts, as always!!

I'm so happy to hear all of your good news about being able to stay at home for your bed rest instead of the hospital, and that the shots/medications are all good, and most importantly that baby girl is doing great!! I know I'm a little late on reading your update, but I'm sure things are still going perfectly! Baby boy is doing great too! I started getting a little panicky when my braxton hicks contractions were increasing in frequency, along with an increase in discharge and some abdominal cramps, but I had a scan earlier this week and thankfully it doesn't appear to be because of pre-term labor. My cervix was still nice and long, or at least within the range it is supposed to be for how many weeks I am.

How did your baby sprinkle go?! How is the nursery coming?! I'm a little behind. Our baby shower is on Dec 12th, and then we will start really putting everything in the nursery together and buying the rest of the necessities.

Are you and DH taking any baby classes or anything? How are you feeling about everything, both physically and mentally? I have a lot of anxiety about giving labor for some reason, but I think it's mostly because I don't know exactly what to expect. Anyway...can you believe that we will have our babies here in only a few short months/weeks?! It seriously blows my mind! You're about 7 months now I think, right? Oh my goodness, the count down is on! As always, I hope you are doing well!!!Sending hugs and positive thoughts your ways! :hugs:

Sorry I would've been respond by now but I had trouble logging in a couple days ago well it was a week. So I figured maybe it was the website idk.

Where do I begin?? Ummm.... My braxton hicks and discharge has pick up in these last week, well starting the day after the baby shower. But I also had a scan done last Tuesday and my cervix was still long and close and she is breech. I go see my high risk Wednesday and they will do a growth scan on her to see her weigh. About 4 weeks ago she weighed about 1lb 4oz so hopefully she hit a sprut is pass the 2lb mark. They wasn't to concern because my DH weigh 6lb 2oz and I was 6lb and 10oz as babies so I'm thinking she will be a petite one with long legs. I'm approaching 29 weeks and I'm so amazed with my body and everything. Oh I also got steroids shots at 24 and 28 weeks to help develop her lungs and I will also do one last steroids shot at 32 weeks for her. Honestly how these Braxton hicks are coming I don't think or I may barley make it to 36 weeks (cerclage removal).

But how are you? I read your last post and are your Braxton hicks still coming or has it let up. Also I know every time I have one she starts kicking and moving like crazy and its those big movements that you see your belly moves. :happy:

Oh the babyshower "sprinkle" it went great and I even shed tears of enjoyment. We were so blessed to get so much for her and more. We have a great start on things and there isn't really nothing we need to buy just a few little things but that's all. Then yesterday my DH had a pamper party with all of his military friends and guys and we were blessed once again with so much stuff they were only suppose to bring pampers but they went out their way and they all know our story of losses and infertility so they all went out their way for baby girl. I'm tearing up writing this, I'm so thankful and I remain humble that it's all because of God, I have to give him all the glory.. As far as her nursery we have the color paint, and theme picked out the crib and everything. DH works so much and he hasn't had any days off so we hope to have it complete by the end of this month no later than the first of the year. But we do have her section set up in our room already with her play yard where she will sleep at. But I do plan on doing a little side show of the babyshower and put it up on YouTube. I did make a update video but never posted it so I do have at least 2 videos that I will put up this week.

Your babyshower is coming up this weekend?? How exciting, I wish you very well and all the happiness and just laugh and enjoy your day. It's all about mommy and baby boy!! :hugs:

Oh here is a picture of me and DH of the babyshower

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 7
Oh my goodness, the picture of you and your DH makes me SO happy! You look amazing, and you can clearly see how happy you both are!!! Aww what an exciting time!:cloud9:

I am so happy to hear that you and baby girl are doing well! I'm glad the cerclage is doing its job, and that your cervix is still long and closed! I totally know what you mean about the braxton hicks and discharge increasing. I have the exact same feeling that it somehow means I will come earlier. If we can both make it to at least 36 weeks, that would be wonderful! All I want is for our babies to be safe and healthy! The weeks are both flying by and going so slowly; The closer I get, the more anxious I am to hold my sweet baby. I'm sure you feel the same. :hugs:

Have you heard of the website "Spinning babies?" I think that is what it is called - I believe it offers some suggestions on how to get baby moving into the right position. I don't know exactly how it all works, but it's certainly worth a try! I hope she flips from breech position for you soon! It sounds like she is healthy and gaining weight though; I have heard that babies are typically around the same size as their parents, so her weight sounds perfectly on track! I'm thinking my little guy is probably not going to be a huge baby either. Healthy babies are all that matters!

Aww I am so glad your baby shower/sprinkle and paper party all went well. That is so sweet of your husband's military friends. I know what you mean about just feeling so happy and blessed with how everything is unfolding and all of the love and support; it warms my heart!! Our baby shower went well too! We had a co-ed shower, so it was nice to get together with friends and family and just hang out! Our nursery and baby shopping is coming together. We are slowly but surely getting everything we need! We are doing the same as you and setting up a playard in our bedroom. I was telling DH last night that we should probably pack a hospital bag soon just in case. I'm 34 weeks and still have a ways to go, but you just never know! I have SO many braxton hicks throughout the day that it makes me think labor is just around the corner, but then other times I just think it must be "my normal."

Anyway, I feel like I have so much to say and ask, but I'm rambling and have already said so much! I am incredibly excited for both of us, and I'm always thinking about you and sending prayers and positive thoughts! My heart is just so happy! Hang in there; i'm sure you have reached the uncomfortable stage too, but we are so close! I can't wait to see our little ones! I will be sure to check out your new videos! Hugs!:hugs:

I'm so happy you enjoyed your babyshower with family and friends. Also we are the same with shopping and everything we have a great start but I need a few small things I probably get this weekend then I'm done shopping until after she arrives.

I haven't heard of that website but I will go look after I post this. I waited to update you until today cause I had an appointment with my MFM. Everything went great we didn't weigh her so I think my OB will do it next week. But I'm officially done going to my MFM, they said all clear and at this point it's no reason to keep measuring my cervix because it will continue to change. It's bitter sweet, I got a little sad cause I'm use to seeing them but also it made me realize that things are getting real that baby girl will be here soon. I'm like you I'm guessing the Braxton hicks are my normal thing too, I have them all day and so much. This past Friday I had a false labor scare, I was actually having contractions and they were 5 minutes apart but since my cervix hadn't change or my water wasn't broken they sent me home. So we are officially on baby watch. I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and I so badly want to make it at least to 36 weeks but I think my poor little body had taking all it can, and I can honestly say I'm proud of my body for making it this far.

Your about to be 35 weeks, how amazing is that? Before you know it your precious bundle of joy will be here. You are right these weeks are flying but going so slow. It seems like this week it has come to a complete stop for me. But I'm soo excited for us both and can't wait until we get our babies in our arms safe healthy and happy then we will be complete. I often day dream about how much I will be holding her and just adoring her, can't you tell I'm sooo excited?? lol well update you soon and you do the same. :hugs:

Hey! How is everything going? Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope the holidays were wonderful for you and your husband! Any luck with baby girl turning head down yet? There is certainly still time! Aww congratulations on graduating from your MFM; I understand it being bittersweet, but I'm sure it is a wonderful and reassuring feeling to know that it means your body has been doing exactly what it should to get baby girl here soon! I am praying that you can make it to at least 36 weeks too; you really are getting close! I know exactly what you mean about feeling proud of your body for making it this far; it's pretty amazing what our bodies can endure, and I know that they will continue to do what they need to do to get our babies here safely!

My goodness, I can't believe how much the Braxton hicks, back pain, heartburn, and swelling have been picking up! I don't know about you, but I am having a pretty difficult time finding a comfortable position EVER. I obviously wouldn't change any of this for the world, but I am definitely looking forward to each day that brings me closer to meeting and holding my sweet boy. I'm like you, I am SO incredibly excited and just so anxious to get him here safely and love on him!

We are SO close. I just started my weekly appointments. My doctor tried to check my cervix last week, but it was really high and I was in too much pain for her to keep searching around. Lol. However, she did say my cervix felt soft and was probably 1cm or so dilated (not that it means much right now). I'm not sure about effacement. Anyway, I hope you are well! I look forward to hearing about how you are doing and any updates you have!!! :hugs::happydance::cloud9:

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Years to you too. We did enjoy the holidays, just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I'm sure you and your husband enjoyed it as well. No luck on getting her to turn. She just doing her own little thing. Yes it is a bittersweet thing that I'm no longer seeing my MFM any more. I was more so nervous than anything. But I did she my OB Tuesday and now I have weekly appointments with him now. We did have another ultrasound and growth scan, she is now 3lbs and 4oz. So we are pretty sure she will be a petite one and small like we were when we was born. My OB told me not to worry that she is fine. Over all my total weight gain this pregnancy so far is only 11 lbs, my OB is fine with it. So my cervix is still long and closed and the cerclage will be coming out in 3 weeks at 35 weeks. Then we will be waiting on her hopefully she turns by then.

But you are 36 weeks today yayyy!!! I know exactly what you are feeling with all the Braxton hicks, heart burn for sure and oh my the back pains are real.. I'm officially off bedrest now but I find myself still in the bed it's too painful to do anything. I see myself walking slower and slower. But I pretty much have everything ready for us to go to the hospital at this point.

My DH will actually start on the nursey next week, we have the theme and everything picked out so he will start and we may be finish before she gets here. We've gotten anxious on her getting here he decided to go ahead start and complete her nursey although she won't be in there any time soon.

Enough of me going on and on.. Talk to you soon. Soon we will have our babies in our arms yayyy I'm super excited for us...

Yes, we certainly enjoyed the holidays. They were busy, but it was just nice to spend time with family and each other.

I understand being nervous about not seeing your MFM anymore, but it sounds like your OB is taking good care of you and baby girl! I'm happy to hear that she is healthy and growing! From everything I have read, her weight seems perfectly within range for how many weeks along you are! She will keep packing on those lbs and hopefully turn head down for you soon! I will keep praying and crossing my fingers that she turns before you get the cerclage out! Goodness, I can't believe you get your cerclage out in three weeks! Eeek we are getting so close to meeting our babies!

Good for you for officially being off bedrest! I totally get still taking it easy though; all I want to do is stay in bed too. I bet it is still nice to know that you at least have the option and are allowed to get up and move around if you feel up for it! I honestly didn't think third trimester would be as hard as it is. I knew it would be uncomfortable, but goodness, everything hurts ALL the time. Lol, my total weight gain has actually been 33lbs, which sounds like a lot, but my doctors wanted me to gain 30-40lbs since I was underweight to begin with. People still tell me I look "too small", and I'm like "well, I've gained more than most people do, and my back definitely feels it!" Every woman is different, and so I think both of our weight gains are perfectly normal!

Awww that is exciting that you have everything ready for the hospital. I really need to get on packing my hospital bag. I bet you are excited to get started on the nursery too! I look forward to seeing pictures. Ours is mostly finished aside from some pictures I ordered online. I will have to take some pictures to show you! Anyway, I'm rambling now.

I look forward to your updates! We are in the final countdown! :hugs:

I agree all women bodies are so different in pregnancy. I for sure think my stomach is much smaller but she is good and healthy. So on my appointment yesterday he felt that she was head down and I thought so too because over the weekend I felt weird pains and her kicking felt differently. Plus a lot of pressure on my cervix and I now feel the cerclage. So my OB decided that we will take out the cerclage on Tuesday.. I'm super excited well we will do an ultrasound to see her position then take it out. I will be monitored to see if labor starts or not. I'm sure it will start cause the pressure and having the urges to push and contractions are getting worst. He doesn't want to keep it in any longer so she won't tear through it and case any damage to my cervix.

Lucky you that the nursey is just about complete. I feel so behind but it will get done before this month is out. How are you feeling now days? I know what you mean about how painful 3rd trimester is, everything hurts. It won't be long before we will have our sweet babies in our arms. I'm counting down. Are you still working? If so when will you take your leave? :hugs: I'll update more later and I'll be looking forward to your update too.

Yayyy I can't wait to hear how everything goes on Tuesday! I am praying that she is head down for you and that everything is ready for them to take the cerclage out! Will they be monitoring you at the office before you leave for a certain period of time, or will they just be monitoring you more closely once you leave? Either way, that really is exciting!!!:happydance:

My son turned too, but unfortunately we didn't want him to do that!:nope: I found out yesterday that he is breech. I went in for a routine check on Thursday afternoon, and when she was checking my cervix she looked concerned and said that now that my cervix was lower and she could feel better, she was second-guessing him being head down. She ordered an ultrasound for first thing the next morning. Sure enough, they confirmed he was breech. We were SO sure that he was still head down as all of his kicks have been high up, and I feel hiccups down very low. Apparently his feet are just right by his face, so I WAS feeling his feet I just didn't realize his little head was right there too. I honestly thought I was just feeling the top of my uterus during braxton hicks contractions. Ugh. I cried off and on all day yesterday; I'm gutted. What I think happened is that he turned very soon after my last ultrasound 6 weeks ago and has actually been breech for quite some time. His movement definitely hasn't changed recently. I'm just sad to find out so late, because I feel like the chances of him flipping now are low. I know it is possible, but there just isn't a lot of room in there anymore! I'm 37 weeks today (which is exciting because I am officially full-term!), but now I am scrambling to find more information on c-sections, because this was really not something I saw coming! Anyway, I was really trying to keep this short, but there is my update. I have an appointment with an OB on Monday to discuss options. My family doctor had to refer me out, because she doesn't do c-sections. She will still assist in the delivery room though regardless of what happens. All I want is for my son to get here safely, however that may be. Sure, I REALLY wanted to have a vaginal birth, but keeping my baby and myself safe is more important.

Otherwise, things are going well here. I am still working full-time, probably up until I go into labor. I actually feel pretty good during the day, other than being uncomfortable. It's the evenings and nighttime that the pain and discomfort really bother me (probably from overdoing it all day). I will put more thought into taking off early next time. Lol. Anyway, Keep me updated on your appointment Tuesday. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way! I will keep you updated on my end as well!:hugs:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear baby it has turned around. It's so confusing because now I'm second guessing myself on if she really has turned around. Exactly what you are feeling with his movements I feel the same. So I'll have a confirmation on Tuesday before the removal. I'm scared to find out, I'm really not sure about it all. I'm like you whatever it takes to ensure baby is safe and healthy I'm all for it. Also I'm feeling exactly how you are feeling, at the I'm in so much pain, I've been thinking I'm in labor since Thursday but after I finally fall asleep at about 4am and wake up later I feel so much better. But nestling has picked up for sure. I did as much as I can and my sisters and cousins will come over today and do the rest of dusting and mopping for me. I'm just about ready for Tuesday. My OB is out of town this weekend and won't be back until Monday and he is off on Mondays so I'm just trying to stay relaxed and rest so nothing happens until he gets back.

Well you make sure you take it easy cause before we know it our babies will be here. I would love to make it to 36-37 weeks but I just think my body has handle all it could and I've certainly push my body to its limits and I'm certainly proud of myself and my body, I may not make it to full term but at least I know we have done everything to ensure that baby girl is be absolutely fine, my OB made sure we got all the steroid shots she need and I pray she doesn't have to spend any time in the nicu but if she does I know it wouldn't be long, when he measured my belly last week he said Im measuring bigger so fingers crossed and I'm praying about that. I think that's the only thing I'm nervous about.

Enough of me going on and on and sorry if I've repeated myself but I'm sure you understand. :hugs: update me on Monday and I will on Tuesday.

Oh no, I hope I did not stress you out by describing how his movement has felt in the breech position. It is very likely that your little girl is head down now!!! Definitely keep me posted on your appointment tomorrow. I will be anxiously waiting and praying for the best!!

I completely know what you mean about thinking you are in labor. Now that it is so close, I feel like I'm always on the edge of my seat wondering! I am praying that you make it to 36-37 weeks too, but as long as your little one gets here safely whenever and however that may be, that is all that matters. You have definitely pushed your body and done everything possible to make sure she is as ready as possible before entering the world. I will continue to pray for us and our babies' health. Definitely keep getting your rest and relaxation! We are SO close. We are going to have our healthy babies in our arms soon!

My appointment with the OB went well today. I am choosing not to do the external cephalic version; I have talked to people who have had it done and I've done my own research, and it just isn't the right decision for me right now. I've been laying upside-down on an ironing board and trying some other less intense ways of trying to get baby to flip. However, we went ahead and scheduled a c-section for January 23rd when I will be 39 weeks. They will check again before the c-section to see if he flipped, and if not, we will proceed. I'm slightly nervous about going into labor before then, but we will see! I just want us all to be safe and healthy, that is all I keep saying!

My DH finished putting in the carseat tonight, and then we just have a few things to add to our hospital bag. Otherwise, we are ready and SO excited to meet our son. That is great that your sisters and cousins have been able to help you with some of the cleaning! It will all come together, and really even if everything isn't "done," our babies really just need our love and a few other small things right away anyways.

Take care and definitely update after your appointment! Sending hugs your way!:hugs:

Hey, your picture is beautiful!!

I'm not really worried about how she is position, I had to let it go or else I'll will worry myself crazy. Good thing I'll know tomorrow before the cerclage removal. I've been impatiently waiting this entire weekend, it was a few times I was about to go to l&d but I held off. Sleep is nonexistent and pain has risen. So I can't wait to see what's going on tomorrow.

As for you, I'm happy everything went well with the OB. How exciting an official c section date. I pray he turns for you and like you said the goal is healthy babies. I bet those moves are hard to do on trying to get him to turn. Also I'm happy you made the choice on what's best for you and baby on not getting the OB to turn him, my OB gave me that option but like you opted for c section.

I was feeling overwhelmed about everything not being done and I realize that she just needs my attention and love and you saying that exact same thing reassured me that it's okay and stop stressing. We will put the car seat in the car in the morning. Im taking our stuff incase after the cerclage removal it's a chance labor could start and my OB told me just be prepared we don't know. So I'm nervous about that of course. Well as soon as I know something I will surely update you ASAP!

:hugs: soon we will have our babies. Oh yeah my sister bday is 22nd so how cool is that your little man bday may be the 23rd. ����

So update,

The cerclage is officially out. It did hurt some but not too bad I had to just breathe through it all, it felt like a Pap smear with a big cramp at the end. My OB said it will be some bleeding and it is but really (sorry tmi) it's just old blood and it's not a lot. He said I will see it for a couple days. I felt crampy like afterwards but overall I feel great. The pressure and pain I've been feeling has decrease and I've notice my contractions have calm down some too. Other news we did an ultrasound and baby girl is head down very low too, thank God I was so happy to see that. But I will still see him every week. He said I can go into labor at any moment and its possible I can make it to 40 weeks, so whenever she comes I'm ready for her. After my appointment my DH took us out to eat and then we went crazy shopping again (ughh it's not that she needs anything else we are going to run out of room) we got home hours later and I'm exhausted. My DH is secretly trying to make me go into labor but I want her to stay in a little longer and make it past 36 weeks then she can come. Oh yeah my cervix was still close but measuring at 2.5 so it has changed.

Sorry if its so long but that's the entire update. But soon very soon our babies will be here. Also I'm still praying baby boy will turn for you, I use to play music at my pelvic bone and I honestly think that's why she turned that's the only thing I did. Well update me if anything else change. :hugs:

Yes, I am feeling more at peace with needing a c-section. I obviously wanted to experience the "normal" labor process, but getting my baby here safely is way more important than having the perfect birth experience...if that makes sense. :) It is SO crazy to think that he will be here by this time next week! I don't have the words to express how excited I am! My mom and MIL have been so funny; they are getting SO impatient. Even though we have a date that he is coming, they still keep asking about every little change that could possibly indicate him coming sooner. Lol.

Anyway, I am thrilled to hear that everything went well with the cerclage removal. I am glad it was not too painful, but most of all I am thrilled to know that baby girl is head down and ready to go whenever she feels is the right time! The bleeding old blood makes sense; I had some of that after an internal exam, and I even lost some mucus plug. I'm sure they let you know to keep an eye on it and let them know if anything different starts happening. I'm still praying for you to make it past 36 weeks too, but I feel confident that our bodies have done and will continue to do everything they can to make sure are babies are healthy and ready! I'm glad to hear your contractions have calmed down some! Have you had any other changes since getting the cerclage out?! You are always in my thoughts and prayers! How exciting that we are so close!!!!

Anyway, no real changes for me as of yet. He hasn't turned yet. Thanks for the suggestion of trying music near my pelvic bone! I will do that. My BH have been increasing, but I also feel like I've been having some more "real" labor contractions. My doctor recommended I go in for two fetal NST (non stress tests) this week due to baby's heartbeat being low at my doctor's appointment, but when they monitored me both times everything was perfect. We think it was likely a little off that day due to how I was laying while she was checking. Anyway, I'm just patiently trying to get through this week! I'll be sure to update you on anything that happens, and I look forward to any updates on your end as well!!:hugs:

That makes perfect sense, a perfect birth plan I feel is impossible to look forward to, anything can happen but I know some women have their plan birth but like you said our goal is getting our babies here safe and healthy and I know that's what you are only thinking of. Oh I know what you mean about your Mom and MIL asking questions and being impatient, same here they both are calling several times a day asking how I'm feeling and just questions I think they are so cute and laugh at them. I allow them to do it cause they are so excited.

I knew what you mean about the increase of BH, mines settled down but this past Thursday they have picked up and I'm pretty sure I lost some of my mucus plug on Friday and Saturday. Then I've had some real labor contractions too. I see my OB Tuesday and thankfully I see him every week and I can get in touch with him. I texted him about my muscus plug, I wasn't sure what it actually suppose to look like and good ole Google helped me and that's exactly what I was seeing. I'll be 35 weeks soon then next week 36 weeks and I made it to another goal, and at that point if she decides to come I will be okay and not so worried, everyday pregnant is another day not in the nicu.

Geez he will be here in what 5days!!!? I'm so excited for you and I pray for a easy labor and a healthy happy baby boy for you. We have had one heck of a journey but we are at the finish line and will have our babies in our arms soon, you sooner than me!! YAYYYY :hugs:

I'll be checking everyday this week incase something change and I look forward to hearing everything!!!

Hey!!! I'm so sorry that it has taken so long for me to post, but HE IS HERE!!!:cloud9:

It has been a crazy week, but I am just overflowing with love for my sweet boy and our little family. Cooper was born on 1/22/16 at 3:56pm weighing 7 lbs 1.9 oz and measuring 19 1/4 inches long!!!

I was scheduled for my c-section this past Saturday, but I ended up going into labor on Friday. My water broke at work around 1pm on Friday, so my husband rushed to pick me up from work so we could get to the hospital. He was delivered via c-section only a few hours later. (They had to stall a little while, because I had recently eaten). When they had me on the monitor beforehand, they kept asking me if I was having contractions before me water broke or if I was feeling the contractions that were coming on the monitor. I was like yes, but I've been having these for awhile now and I kept thinking it wasn't real labor contractions because they weren't THAT painful! Anyway, I'll have to fill you in on all of the details sometime, because the birth was just a crazy experience! It was all perfect though, and he was absolutely perfect and healthy from the moment they delivered him. Words can't express how in love with him I am!!! My recovery has not been easy at all; I wasn't quite expecting to be in as much pain as I am, because all I had been worried about was getting him into the world safely. My husband and I instantly cried with happiness when we heard him cry and knew that he was healthy and safe. It has been worth every single second!!!

Anyway, I could go on and on about everything, but for now I just wanted to let you know that he is here and check in on you!!!

How are you doing?! You are 36 weeks tomorrow! You are SO close, and you should feel so proud of how far you have come! I know your sweet little girl will be perfectly healthy, and I can't wait to welcome her into the world too!! I hope you are feeling well!!! Definitely keep me updated, and I will try and get on here more to check in on you! HUGS! Hang in there, mama!

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4
First congrats on your amazing little boy! I'm so overwhelmed with joy. You had him on my older sister birthday. He is perfect and I'm so happy for you and your husband. I'm so sorry about recovering being so rough. You'll just have to update me later on all the details.

But...... I went into labor on the 26th and Taliyah was born at 8:55pm weighing 4lbs and 8oz she is 17 3/4 inches long. I went in for my appointment and I was 3cm dilated and once they admitted me to the hospital I 5cm and things was moving fast. But she is perfect. I cried when it was time to push and once she came out. It's been a joy. Like you I'll update all the details later. But recovery for me hasn't been very easy but I'm sure it's not as bad as yours. But with time we will both heal and the process is so well worth it.

Well I'm very exhausted and I haven't had much sleep and now she is sleeping and DH is up I'll rest some. I'll get on here later and we can catch up more but here are pictures of her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8
I can't figure out how to attach all the pictures at once but here is another one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 5
AHHHHH OH MY GOODNESS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Taliyah is absolutely beautiful!!! I love her bows and her sweet once, and my goodness look at her big beautiful eyes!! Oh Brittany, I am so happy for you and your husband!!

I am so happy that both of our babies are here and that they are healthy and perfect! My heart is so happy; I can't say it enough! Can you believe how far we have come on this journey? It's hard to believe that we started talking two years ago, and that we both went through so much with our losses and TTC, and now here we are having our sweet, perfect babies within days of each other. How crazy! It has been incredibly special to share all the ups and downs with you. I am so thankful to have had such a great friend on this journey, and I feel so blessed and full of happiness with everything in life right now. :cloud9:

Seriously, I'm just bursting with excitement and love!! Our babies are here; I just can't get over how wonderful it is!!! I am sorry that your recovery has also been rough; I keep reminding myself that it is temporary, but I will definitely be thrilled when I can get up and start moving around like normal again. How have baby girl, mama, and dad been doing the past few days? Did she end up having to go to the NICU at all? How long did you stay overnight at the hospital?

There is so much I want to ask you, and so much I want to share with you too! I know we will fill each other in on all of the details in between our sleepless nights and daytime naps. Lol. Thank you for your kind thoughts to me and our new little family! That's cool that he was born on your old sister's birthday! We are doing well over here! We are definitely sleep deprived, but I try to take naps when I can. Breastfeeding has also been a little bit challenging at times with him preferring one side over the other and having some difficulty with latching too hard, but we are figuring it day by day. My husband had this week off of work and then he goes back to work on Monday, so we have just been trying to enjoy these precious moments with all three of us at home (four of us including our dog)! We just brought our dog back home from my in-laws a few days ago, and she is doing surprisingly well! How have your dogs been?

Anyway, I hope you are doing well! My family sends our best wishes to you and yours! Congratulations again, Mama! We did it!! I look forward to talking to you soon! :hugs:

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask, but is Taliyah pronounced like "Tall" or "Tal" as in "Talon?"

Yes I'm so over filled with joy and happiness for us both at home enjoying our sweet babies. Yes I can't believe it's been 2 years and you are so right out journey has been a roller coaster. I'm so thrilled about it all. I find myself just looking at her while she sleeps.

The recovery has gotten better, today I actually feel great besides sleep deprived. Honestly she is a really good baby. She does sleep through the night, I have to wake her up for feedings. But I try to take naps here and there but honestly with me pumping like every two hours and then feeding her and then washing the parts of the pump and trying to find time to eat. It seems like it's never enough time in the day. She had a hard time latching and I expected that because she is so tiny, but she had her first appt and the pediatrician wants me to try to get her to latch in every feeding and then if I can't then give her a bottle. Ughh it's frustrating because she tries and tries but can't seem to get it but she still is getting my milk but just through a bottle so what difference does it make.. Breastfeeding frustrations. Oh she didn't have to stay in the NICU at all she was so amazing she was able to stay with us the entire time. I had her Tuesday and we went home on Thursday morning. And her name it's pronounce just how it looks (like the singer Aaliyah but with a T in the front) does that makes sense??

I haven't introduce my fur babies to her yet because she is a premiee, we have them blocked off where they can't come where she is at they are restricted to certain parts of the house. I feel like I haven't paid them any attention but I know with time it gets better. But like you said we will talk to each other on between times, having a newborn is like working a job there is so much to do and so little time. But I know you are like I am enjoying every single moment. I happy your DH got time off to spend with you both, it's makes it easier when they are at home. My DH gets two weeks off and I'm so happy he is here with us it just makes it so much better and easier.

Well little one is waking up I guess that's my cue to get things started. :hugs;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->