Why can't pregnancy cravings ever be healthy?

Ughhh you guys, I made a burger and french fries for breakfast this morning :( Why do I want burgers so bad? I'm actually wondering if maybe I'm low on iron and craving the iron from the meat. When I was pregnant with DS I had pregnancy induced anemia

Now catching up on the thread I'm dying for some mac and cheese. Someone please get me some!

I just ate 2 packets of salt and vinegar crisps in a row :blush:

Oh man...Salt and Vinegar are the BEST ones!!!

I am eating Honey Nut Cheerios.

I don't really have any cravings at the moment but stocked up on the things I had with previous pregnancies to combat the sickness. Mainly microwave curries, cheese and crackers and satsumas. Trying to eat decent meals where I can but was naughty and had a burger and chips from the takeaway for my dinner today. x

Ladies, I literally just finished drinking a Muscle Milk and eating some watermelon chunks and already feel like I could eat a burger with fries, a hot dog with mac-n-cheese, pizza bites AND salt and vinegar chips! :munch: Does anyone else have or get that empty feeling even though you've just eaten?

Also, what are some things you want really bad but CAN'T have? Mine would be hot dogs. I would tear a chili cheese dog up right now!

Sil, are you taking a prenatal? Have you had blood tests done yet? You might want to talk to your doctor about that, just in case you do have an iron deficiency.

Italian sub sandwich! I live in the sub sandwich MECCA of NJ! I get CRAVINGS for these sandwiches!
Salami, ham, provalone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil and vinegar!!!

I hate that I can't have cold cuts!!!

Italian sub sandwich! I live in the sub sandwich MECCA of NJ! I get CRAVINGS for these sandwiches!
Salami, ham, provalone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil and vinegar!!!

I hate that I can't have cold cuts!!!

Ohhh NJ! You have wawa. I've been DYING for wawa. I grew up in PA but live in CT now where there are no wawas. I want a hoagie so bad ;(

I live in North Jersey though, and we have exactly ONE Wawa! They are all South of me. :(
They have great coffee!!!

Our big thing is Quick Chek. Also great coffee and pretty ok sandwiches!

I just ate an apple. I feel better about all the pizza bites I had last night.

Holy moly ladies, my mouth is watering now!

Ooooh, a sub sandwich sounds delicious! I do love cold cuts, especially bologna, so I guess I'm missing those already, too. And sushi, I'll miss that. And obviously wine! :wine:

I crave things, then eat them, then never want to eat them again ever in my whole life cos they make me feel so ill. I'm running out of things to eat. I only like pineapple, weetabix and strawberry milkshake.

I'm concerned too! Last pregnancy I was so ill I lose a stone by week 9. This time round the sickness is controlled by food so I can see piling a load of weight on. It's bread and potatoes I want!

My cravings are either SUPER specific, not practical or annoyingly non-specific/can't pin down what i want.

E.G.
Super specific and not practical: I want that carrot, radish, fiddlehead salad with sesame dressing that I ate in Hawaii. Or a grilled tuna fish sandwich with a touch of horseradish and some cheddar cheese on that amazing ancient grains bread that always sells out at the bakery, at midnight, please even though we have no bread or tuna in the house.

Non-specific:
Me: I'm so hungry! I need to eat something.
DH: What would you like? I can get whatever you want.
Me: I don't know...
DH: Noodles? Satay beef soup?
Me: No, no.
DH: Pasta? Burger?
Me: No, no....I don't know what I want but I want SOMETHING.

You get the picture. Sigh.

ETA: I'm getting very hungry just reading this thread and thinking about food.

definitely just made poor DH go out in a snow storm to get me guacamole..

I'm craving cucumbers with dip. Yesterday I went from wanting pancakes for dinner, to a greasy cheeseburger. I got my cheeseburger :)

I totally had an Italian sub this weekend.
In my defense, I asked my doctor first! He told me the origins of the Listeria fears (a bad batch of turkey that was not cooked enough) and said that if your deli goes through a LOT of high quality cold cuts (meaning they don't sit around long), you don't have much to worry about. He didn't say it's safe, but he said its no better or worse than having leftover ham out of the fridge the day after you cook it.
So I had my sub. And it was glorious!

I am craving carrots and apple juice.

And this amazing Green Tea Iced Tea that they have at Panera...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"