Why did she do that!!!

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
Hmm.. Im a little annoyed!
My babies dad's mum has brought him tickets to a show on the 1st Nov. for his birthday on the 6th Nov.

But the 1st Nov.. I think im going to be induced just..only just before then if baby isnt here by then of corse. But what if im not.. And even if baby is only a day or a few days old, Why did she think it would be a good idea for him to go to this show late at night meaning he would have to stay in london overnight :|

She knew this might be the case but still brought the tickets anyway, Now he is saying he has to go no matter what because she spent alot of money on them :| WHYYY?!!!! Am i being sillly about this?!

No think i'd be furious about this... though asking lots of hormonal pregnant women might not be best plan :rolf:

But seriously i think thats awful, why would she do that unless she was trying to be difficult!! I dont think i'd be impressed with my OH if he went.. :grr:

No hun, you aren't being stupid at all - what an idiotic thing for his mum to do!!! She's just not thought about it at all has she......silly woman!

:hugs:

I dont think you are being sillly i would feel the same! I want OH around as much as possible in the 1st few weeks. I would be soo annoyed if he went to some show! Especially because he has to stay overnight aswel, wont be nice for you!

Try and see a positive side and think he is obviously going so you can use that night to have a special bonding time with your LO if he is here or if nt get some girls over and have a girly night in! Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I think that was really inconsiderate of her! you have every right to be annoyed, and i'd be annoyed at him aswell because he could have atleast said to her thanks but i'll be busy with my newborn and if not looking after you! she musn't remember what its like to be heavily pregnant/first few days. xxx

No you're not being silly at all love. :hugs: My OH wouldn't be going if he wanted to keep his tackle a'dangling I tell you what!!! It doesn't matter how much she spent on them, fact is she shouldn't have done anything without talking to you both about it first!

Have you suggested to him that it could result in him missing the birth?

I wouldnt be at all impressed if that happened to me and OH!!
Your MIL really hasnt considered anything, your baby could be days old and yet she has done what she has done, put your OH in a position where he feels he cant say no

You have every right to be upset/cross!!!

x

And not to mention he is going to brighton on the weekend of his actual birthday only a week after this show. Hmm.. Im not impressed at all!!! If im feeling ok after the birth and baby is good, I wont mind to much and will probably like time with my baby alone anyway. But if im tired or still in pain ect. after the birth and baby is being hard, i dont really want to be left alone. Hopefully i can change his mind about this, Its her fault if the money and tickets are wasted because she should of thought about this before!

errmmm no i'd go mad too hun, i went mad tuesday when my mil bought tickets for new years eve, like i can keep my eyes open past 10 pm some nites.
sometimes i think people forget that babies are going to come at any time, and we arent just pregnant, thease babies are going to come.

And not to mention he is going to brighton on the weekend of his actual birthday only a week after this show. Hmm.. Im not impressed at all!!! If im feeling ok after the birth and baby is good, I wont mind to much and will probably like time with my baby alone anyway. But if im tired or still in pain ect. after the birth and baby is being hard, i dont really want to be left alone. Hopefully i can change his mind about this, Its her fault if the money and tickets are wasted because she should of thought about this before!

Exactly!!!! Silly woman! What must she have been thinking?! :hugs: hope you manage to sort something out hun.

That would annoy the hell out of me, though I'd probably keep the peace and just let him get on with it, it's not really his fault. His mother is definitely guilty of being thoughtless though. Hugs to you. Lx

No your not being silly if the baby is born or not she should not have done that so near the time! i mean what if you just naturally go into labour on that night or are induced! totally thoughtless! ffs. does she have someting against you? My man wont leave my side near the time. I think from week 30 he wont go anywhere he said.

I'd be absolutely fuming with them both! Your OH mother should have had more common sense than to buy him tickets to a show on or around your induction date! If she wanted to do something nice for him then something could be arranged for a few weeks after the baby is born! Not only that, your OH doesn't have to go to the show regardless of how much the tickets cost! He should be spending time with you and the baby for the first week or so... It's not fair for her to do something like that where he feels he can't say no to her. I think he needs to have a little think about which is more important to him...

I'd want blood if my OH mother did something like that!!

No your not being silly if the baby is born or not she should not have done that so near the time! i mean what if you just naturally go into labour on that night or are induced! totally thoughtless! ffs. does she have someting against you? My man wont leave my side near the time. I think from week 30 he wont go anywhere he said.

She doesnt have anything against me as far as i know!! This is why i dont get why she has done something this silly.

Lets hope baby is here before he has to go and he changes his mind because he doesnt want to leave me or baby!!!

Hmmm is a bit strange of her to do that if she knew that you'd be going in then!!

Think thats a bit out of order!!

Did she reallllly? :shock:

As much as I think it's ridiculous, you probably would love to have him to yourself at the weekends x

wtf id be fuming!!! and id be fuming with OH if he decided to go 'no matter what' so he is sayin even if your giving birth he needs to go to the show??!! id be so angry!!! and anyway even if youve had your baby by then you will want him there to help as much as possible! your not over reacting at all hun xx

WOW 8-[ words can't decribe how angry I'd be if my OH's mum had done this. It is just incredibly thoughtless and selfish of her. I would kick up such fuss it would be untrue!! What does your boyfriend say about it? Surely he will want to be with the baby?? :hug:

You're not over reacting or being stupid at all. Of course you're gonna want your partner around when you're due - I'd be really pissed at her, and at him if he went! How does he feel - can he not tell her that he won't go???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->