Why did u test poll

imaswimmer2

Reaction score
I like the thread started, so I thought if copy the idea and make a poll.

I put 'wait till you hear this' because I tested when I felt implantation. Honestly, exactly 8dpo I was out for a run which is my 'me' time and I just felt it burrowing into my uterus. I knew exactly what was happening and smiled to myself 'I'm pregnant.' I told my DH when I got home - that was on the Thursday and I got BFN's until the following Tuesday. I felt exactly like I did when I was pregnant with my DS (so so tired and felt sick all day) from the Friday after my run and I just knew that we had conceived #2.

Your suppose to wait until the end of the 2WW?

I've started testing much earlier than that with all 3 pregnancies and had negative tests before positive tests from testing so early each time. You need an option "because it was more than 72hours since ovulation and I hadn't gotten a BFP or AF yet"

The stabbing breast pain and actual vomiting, every minute, of every day, pretty much gave the game up this time lol

I like the thread started, so I thought if copy the idea and make a poll.

This is brilliant! Thanks for doing this. It helps me a whole lot. And I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss, but I looove the way you express it in your tattoo.

My AF never came the first month. I fell pregnant on the second month, so I'd not had a period for two months. I didn't have any symptoms but I just work up one morning and HAD to test. I don't know why I just knew I needed too. Saying that I still didn't believe it would be positive:).

Ox

My AF never came the first month. I fell pregnant on the second month, so I'd not had a period for two months. I didn't have any symptoms but I just work up one morning and HAD to test. I don't know why I just knew I needed too. Saying that I still didn't believe it would be positive:).

Ox

Aww. A Christmas Eve Baby! How cute. Congratulations!!

I tested because I noticed what I thought was implantation bleeding a few days after ovulation day for me. I waited until it was closer to AF to actually test....turns out it was implantation bleeding and here I am today!

I got all the same symptoms I usually get a few days before AF (tiredness, queasiness, sore nipples, irritability), but they didn't go away and AF didn't show! Didn't test until I was almost 6 weeks, but I have really irregular cycles. AF not showing wasn't weird, but those symptoms showing up without the witch were.

I had no idea in was pregnant.

My husband kept asking and asking and I kept saying no! I'm not pregnant leave me alone!
I took a test to prove him wrong... Um... Whoops?

I really want to know what the "other" symptom/s that the women had.

Aww. A Christmas Eve Baby! How cute. Congratulations!!

Thank you! Because I don't really know when we conceived it wasn't until I had my first NHS scan at 13 weeks that we really knew exactly when we were due. She said Christmas Eve and I just giggled lol! x

other:

i tested to make sure we weren't pregnant, as my other half had just heard he hadn't got a job he interviewed for on friday. i thought that the last thing he needed was to be told he'd have another mouth to feed.

as it happens, he heard later in the day that he was getting a different job, which will secure our rent for the next 18mths at least, and will keep all four of us afloat until something better comes along :)

and, incidentally, he was so happy he had to leave the office so they didn't see the tears :)

I tested because I was due to have surgery on the Tuesday and AF was due Monday. So Thursday evening, I tested. Just to make sure, we weren't trying and we were using protection so I had no reason to test but my mind told me to. Positive result :O
The surgery I was due to have was cosmetic surgery, replacing my breast implants for better quality ones. So I was gutted I couldn't have my boobs re done at 1st but the news of a new baby eventually sunk in, after the shock.

get the bazookas done after you finish BFing - WIN!

My 5 year aftercare will run out by the time I've had baby and finished bf'ing.
It doesn't matter though. I'm happy enough with milky boobies :) x

I started testing 8DPO... never mind end of 2ww :p

Tiredness, mainly. I had no clue where I was in my cycle as I was in the middle of a tour. All I knew was I might be due on and I had a show to perform, so I took progesterone to delay it. For a week or two afterwards, I kept waking at night to wee, sleep was terrible, I was always tired, and I was still PMSing with big breasts. Fella jokingly said, "You're not pregnant, are you?" and I said, "No...but get a test just to be sure." I thought the continued delay in my period was because of the progesterone, which I reckon is what made the pregnancy viable, in my uninformed medical opinion. :)

I had many symptoms that were odd.

In the 6 months I have been off the pill I had never gotten sore breasts. This month I did. Very localized pain, too, like I had been lifting weights. Like sore muscles more than a bloats pain like I remember as a teen.

I also hadn't spotted yet. I usually spot for days before my period.

The two weird ones that finally made me test were...I had been checking cervix daily in anticipation of af. It actually was turned backwards...which was odd. The same day Thst happened I woke up to an acne clear face out of the blue.

I was doing ovulation tests as no period in 3 months since coming off birth control. I thought of doing one for fun :) bam!!! Clear as day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"