• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Why did you choose to wean when you did?

winegums

Reaction score
Just curious when and why people chose to wean their babies :flower:

I chose to wean my LO early as she was having up to 10 9oz bottles in a 12 hour period... :dohh: :flower:

6 months, & only because she was 6 months old.
xx

Btw this isn't for a debate or anything lol! my toddler was 6months when we weaned him - and we only did it because the guidelines say by 6months they sould begin weaning... I probably would have left it even longer if there were no guidelines in place

Maddie was 20 weeks and it was because she was starting to lose weight. It was the right decision as she weaned so easily, she was obviously ready.

This will end up in an argument, sorry not your fault but you know what people are like on here!!

We weaned at 11weeks under a paediatrician and paediatric dietitian due to severe reflux, weight gain issues and feeding aversions. I did lots of research on early weaning too as I was so worried xx

I weaned at just over 6 months, cos thats the recommended guidelines!
Altho, he wasnt at all interested to be honest until almost 7.5 months, but i just persevered!

To this day, he isnt much of an eater!!!

15/16weeks.....Kayson was taking 100+oz of formula a day...from 6weeks!!! to be honest imp retty proudn that i didnt do it sooner!! it was getting to the stage where going out was nigh on impossible!! xxxxx

15/16weeks.....Kayson was taking 100+oz of formula a day...from 6weeks!!! to be honest imp retty proudn that i didnt do it sooner!! it was getting to the stage where going out was nigh on impossible!! xxxxx

100 oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ. Macy took 2-3ounces every 3-4hours until she was over 5months and then she started to take a little more, even now she is hapy with just 2oz in the morning and it takes a lot of convincing to get her to take more, she hates milk lol x

100 oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ. Macy took 2-3ounces every 3-4hours until she was over 5months and then she started to take a little more, even now she is hapy with just 2oz in the morning and it takes a lot of convincing to get her to take more, she hates milk lol x

sometimes more!!! was a very difficult time, he was constantly hungry/upset or trying to eat me haha!!

Now he has 3 meals a day 2snacks AND 5/6 bottles =):haha:
he's got hollow legs!! xxx

about a week or two before 6 months because he seemed ready, ie taking an interest in what we were eating, stealing food from our plated :shock: ..

<3

I weaned at 17 weeks, due to LO not gaining weight and dropping percentile lines. She went completely off her milk & just played with her bottles. Now she is being weaned her milk intake has gone up :happydance:

IMO it was the right choice, as straight from the off she's been a total food addict (just like mummy :haha:) and she seemed to know immediately what to do!! She watches everything I eat with jealous eyes LOL

Hmmm ETA i'm going to weigh her tonight to see how she's doing...

We started at about 19 weeks (severe reflux) but she wasn't ready, so we have just started again at 6 months, shes ok but not loving it so we'll play about for a month or so until shes happy with it.
I honestly dont care if we wean late - she'll eat when shes ready

I'm waiting until 6 months because I'm too lazy and dreading it!

6 and a half months. He decided he was ready when he started sitting unaided and putting things from his hand to his mouth. He just grabbed my food one day and we took it from there:thumbup:. He didn't really start eating properly until 7 and a half months...

x

I started offering food at 24 weeks after speaking to my hv who had recommended starting lo between 24-26 weeks, she didnt actually eat anything untill 24 weeks though :flower:

I feel your pain lol zanes on the same at moment just seem to have a bottle in his mouth ALL day lol..he had 120oz yesterday :dohh:

We weaned at 4 months, LO had reflux and couldn't keep down the amount of milk needed to fill him up. He is a fantastic eater now, eats most things. He was 100% ready at 4 months so I chose to evaluate him as an individual rather than sticking rigidly to guidelines.

well started offering her bits of food from about 5 months- just tiny bits here and there and by 6 months weaned her properly.

but to be honest i think i couldve started properly from 5 months, only because she was obviously soo hungry as she would wake up every hour for a feed during the night. and as soon as she was weaned that drastically reduced to about 2 feeds at night.

i hope next time round i'd be able to read the signs better, or at least have the confidence to do what i think baby needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"