Why did you decide to have your baby so young?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had to deal with an "a" word, a few years ago. I don't regret it, as I wouldn't be where I am today without having done that. That being said, I didn't do it for the reasons you listed, as I am not a partier, drinker, or any of the above.

I also understand how you can not even think about adoption, I couldn't either. It simply wasn't an option to me.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, but think about one thing, yes, you are only young once, but drinking and partying are always gonna be there in your life, they will never go away.

Hey
I was 17, when I unexpectedly got pregnant, we were scared as hell and my mom was telling me to give it up and even to maybe let my aunt adopt my child since she cant have kids. I will say I looked into it all, NOT ABORTION, I dont believe in that. And between my OH and I we decided we would have our baby, she turned out to be a girl!!! I am now 24 and she is almost 6, I will NEVER regret having her, she is so smart and hilarious!!! Times do get tough, but when I look at my daughter, I know I made the right choice! We even went on to have another unplanned pregnancy when I was 20 and now have a 2.5 yr old son!! There are education programs for mothers and parents are great when you need a lil break!!! Best of luck to you!:thumbup:

MyFavSurprise: Yes I think we were! lol I would like to say that I didn't WANT the abortion, my partner did also put a little pressure on me, but I did make a considered decision in the end. Also, it bothered me more in the first 5 years so it may also be partly the length of time that has passed that makes me less regretful of it all. Finally I was asleep through the procedure so that may also have made a difference, I think I was 12 wks...?

I also don't really agree with late term abortion, their hearts don't start beating for the first couple of months so that sort of thing helped make my decision easier. After about 15 weeks I don't like the idea in general, my reason is babies start to form properly and react to things BUT my main reasoning is that very few people find out after 12 weeks so really if they're still pregnant after 15 weeks they've buried their head in the sand (their own fault they should deal with it now) or have been one of the very unlucky ones! Current law states 24wks as that's when a baby will survive out of the womb but I'd not be happy past 12 or 15 personally.

At the end of the day, it's your choice and your baby. You obviously want your baby, so have it?

But by joining this forum then it makes me feel you do want your baby

I agree with both. It sounds like you already want this baby. It's worth giving up the things you think you love now because you will love your baby so much more. None of that lasts forever, but the love for and from your child will.

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

https://www.babyandbump.com/announcement.php?f=18

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583