Why do i feel pregnant??

Querida87

TTC my #3 his #1
Reaction score
You may have read my story in ''my unconventional tww" (but you probably haven't as only one person ever commented a few days ago) or you may be one of the lovely ladies I'm stalking in another thread who I have vented to with a short cliff notes explanation of my situation. This is me posting everything in hopes of answers specifically for my situation. I have had the same mirena device for six years now. Seven weeks ago I began having such bad cramps that all I could do was clutch my stomach and moan. I suffered through over 2 weeks of this. I tried laxatives, and while I did unblock, it made the cramps MUCH worse. Finally, after it got a little better, my bf and I both noticed I was having pregnancy signs and symptoms. I took a test, BFN. The next day I took another, BFN. I went to my gp and told her about the pain and my symtpoms. She ran a urine test, BFN. She told my I might have a cyst but she was confident that with mirena in I wasn't pregnant no matter that it was expired. She also said she wasn't going to run blood because she has complete confidence in urine tests and their accuracy. I went to I went to the hospital in pain the next day and told them what was going on. They ran a urine pregnancy test BFN. They then said "You probably have a cyst; here's an RX for pain meds. Bye" THAT WAS IT!! THE ONLY TEST THEY DID WAS A URINE PREGNANCY TEST!! WHAT IF MY KIDNEY WAS FAILING OR SOMETHING?!?? Fine I got the pills and took them over the weekend. Since I was still feeling pregnant, I bought two different brands of hpt two packs. I took one of one brand, VERY FAINT BFP!! Started showing within time limit and finished strengthening a few hours later and never went away. I immediately did one of the other brand with the same urine and got the same results. BFP showing very faint during time frame and slowly strengthening!! My bf was soo happy and excited and, surprisingly, so was I (surprising bc I hadn't been thinking about babies or ttc at that time). To be sure I took another test the next day. It took a little longer but eventually showed a faint positive. The third day I took the last one and a digi. The last one showed, but after the time limit and very faint and the digi was a BFN. I got worried about a tubal pregnancy and went to the ob and was told the day of BFP #3 that they would schedule me an ultrasound. They didn't and I didn't hear from them that afternoon. So I went back to the hospital complaining of the same pain (even though I really wasn't hurting bad) in the hopes of getting an ultrasound there. I told them I had just been in and had since gotten BFP's at home and complained that the only test they ran last time was a urine pregnancy test. They gave me a qualitative blood test, BFN, and sent me home (STILL WITHOUT DOING ANY KIND OF TEST TO DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF MY PAIN). The next day I called about lunchtime and was told I wouldn't be getting an ultrasound but that they wanted to run a pregnancy test that afternoon. Well, that morning I had taken yet another hpt and it was BFN so I was worried. Sure enough, that afternoon my urine test was a BFN, so they drew blood. The nurse was good about listening to my symptoms and took me much more seriously than my gp had. The next day one of my ob's nurses called. "We got your bloodwork results back, and there is no way you are pregnant." Okay, so why do I feel pregnant? What about all those positive tests run off of different brands over three days?? "Well I don't know what to tell you about that, but you couldn't have been pregnant and aren't pregnant now." Umm, okay.. So can we move up my mirena removal; don't you have a sooner appointment or can I put in a request to be called if someone cancels? "Well, no, we can't do that. Even though you are a year overdue for the device to be removed, it's almost time for your next yearly, so you'll have to wait for that to have it removed. Have a nice day. [hangs up on me]" WTH?!?? Okay fine, I called my gp back, tolf them what was going on and got a request in for an ultrasound, due to the continuance of the pain. Ten days ago I went to the hospital outpatient center and got in for my ultrasound and told the tech everything that was going on, including my symptoms. I thought I saw gestational sacs on the ultrasound but I couldn't be sure. I tried to lead her into giving something away but she didn't. Then I peed and laid back down for a trans-vaginal ultrasound. This time she turned the screen away from my prying eyes. Every so often she would lose her smile and the train of conversation and frown at the screen. After I was done, dressed, and walking out, she said "Good luck with your pregnancy!" Then her eyes got HUGE and she said quickly, "I mean .. WHEN you get pregnant" before hurrying away. Suspicious much??? My bf was there and he saw and heard that so it's NOT in my head. That was a Friday. Monday past, the gp's nurse called and said the tech found several small ovarian cysts and that I needed to follow up with my ob/gyn. Of course I immediately called and asked for an appointment to talk about the cysts because if I'm not pregnant, I decided I want to ttc as soon as the mirena is out. I get told that if I already have an appointment scheduled for something else coming up soon, then there is no reason to schedule me another one, that the ob will just talk to me about it when I get there for my (completely unrelated mind you!!) appointment. That sucks!! Okay fine, I didn't push it. But then on Thursday, my gp's nurse calls me back to ask if I made an appointment yet. So I told her what the other nurse said and she seemed as surprised as me (after all, ALL doctors want you to make a separate appointment for everything, since they make more money that way) but didn't make much comment. I then told her I was curious to know whether my uterine lining was thick or thin, as I planned on ttc as soon as mirena was removed and want to know if I need to wait to let my lining build back up. She looked through the report and said that no note had been made of the uterine lining whatsoever. Then she read me the report. My uterus is normal size and position [my question: normal for pregnant or for non-pregnant!!!] and that there were several small ovarian cyst but that they weren't pcos (that's good news at least). So it is now Monday again and on the 11th of this month I go for my annual/mirena removal/ultrasound follow-up. That is what happened. Here are my symptoms, which have progressed since five weeks ago before my first BFP:

Nausea, random, generally in the morning, sometimes smell/taste provoked. Nausea is not normal for me.

Smell sensitivity, all the time. This is also not normal for me, especially when it happens EVEN WHILE I'M STUFFED UP!!

Food cravings, weird ones. First it was pickles and popsicles. Then I wanted pickle but didn't like the taste by the time I was halfway through. Now it's pickles and tootsie rolls at al hours of the day and night. BTW I mean the big sour dill pickles.

Food aversions, again, weird ones. I can't stand the taste of the grilled meat my bf brings home from work, even though I love the stuff. I don't like Pepsi anymore (unless it's REALLY cold and I just ate something I've always eaten with Pepsi and I'm thirsty all at the same time) and I've been addicted to Pepsi since I was 6!! I find cinnamon revolting, and I don't remember ever in MY WHOLE LIFE not liking cinnamon!! Even when I'm hungry, nothing appeals to me!!

Funny twinges, in my stomach around belly button. I also get pulling on tendons in abdomen just above pelvis like I did during pregnancy. I also get strong menstrual cramps for no apparent reason. Then there are the sometimes painful twinges around my ovaries.

Swollen feet, my tighter shoes suddenly don't fit. Need I say more?

Roadmap veins, especially on my bb's. That has never happened to me before.

BB changes, big time ones. First they got really sore (and have stayed that way). Then they got bigger and fuller, by about half a cup size now.

Nip changes, again weird. First they were so sensitive even I couldn't brush against them. Then, while still being overly sensitive but touchable, stimulation made me cramp. Then the areolae got bigger and slightly darker in color. Now, to top all that off, stimulation produces colostrum!!

Headaches and cold symptoms, for no apparent reason. I haven't gotten a cold but have felt for two weeks like I'm about to. I've always has headache problems, but these are just ... weird ... different.

Metabolic changes, what is going on? First I could barely eat and felt full for hours off of a mandarin and a bottle of water. Now I can't seem to fill myself up for more than an hour or so even when I find something to eat that doesn't make me feel nauseated just thinking about or smelling.

Bleeding, much easier. My nose bleeds a little at silly things, like blowing it. My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. Little scratches are more likely to bleed.

Hair loss, am I going crazy? I've always shed quite a bit, and more-so since mirena, but this is just ridiculous. I can't be imagining this!

Aches, pronounced. My lower back is so ache-y and my knee I injured hurts more again (though it IS time for another cortisone shot and had gotten cold around here) and I hate taking pain meds so I suffer through.

Exhaustion, the extreme kind. It doesn't matter if I go to bed and am asleep every night around 12-1 and always get up at 7 and stay up, or if I go back to sleep for another 4-6 hours. I'm ALWAYS so exhausted that I feel dead! I feel week and useless and lethargic and I always want a nap by 3 pm.

Thirstiness, ridiculously extreme, I don't feel this thirsty outside in summertime. WTH??

Urination, FREQUENT is an understatement! If I drink ANYTHING, I'm running to the bathroom with a full bladder every 5-10 minutes for at least an hour.

CP, constant.. My cervix has stayed consistently high and closed and has been very soft 95% of the time, only feeling hard for 2 days.

There is probably more, but now that the nausea has calmed, I'm starving..

If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. If any of you ladies are in the same boat or have been previously, let me know. Thanks for your patience with this ridiculously long entry!!

Wow! Poor you -- it sounds like a nightmare!

I do think, though, that is the tech lady had ANY suspicion of pregnancy, it would have been reported and followed up --- why would they not? Cysts cam cause quite strong pregnancy symptoms and she did locate a few so my guess would be that is the root of your symptoms.

I really hope you get to the bottom of it soon though as it must be driving you loopy xx

Yeah ive heard of cysts doing that too...however as for the implant, yes it can still prevent pregnancy but not as strong working as one that is not expired. And im sure the reason why they arent taking it out sooner is because you have an appt booked very soon and there is no point in getting it out sooner unless is causing problems. For me i wouldnt mind waiting a short time snce its already been an extra year you decided to leave it in. The best suggestion i can tell you, is to relax and wait until your appt. Get the cysts delt with first and then worry about other things. Stress is just going to make things 10x worse. And i can tell by this post you have yourselve very stressed out. I know its hard when so many things are going on. But being there was no sign of pregnancy you already have your answer that it is cysts. They can cause hormonal changes etc. But for now...take it easy on yourself :)

Thanks ladies! I appreciate you taking the time to read all of that and respond. I wish I could explain all of those apparently false positives, though. I have read about women having symptoms from within 24 hours of conception and of women whose fertilized egg took 2 weeks to implant and of the hook effect and of really low levels of hcg during pregnancy (that, thankfully, don't cause complications and lead to healthy babies) and even of hcg that has a weird shape causing it to be undetectable on tests. As to the ultrasound, I would have only been a max of 4 weeks along if I were pregnant so it's still a VERY SMALL possibility that I really am and that the baby was too small to be seen yet. I have chosen Nov 15th as D Day. If, four days after mirena removal I haven't gotten a solid positive, then that 20% of me that still believes (or maybe just hopes) can finally be put to rest. Either way I have calmed down enough to accept that soon I will know and if I'm not, I am prepared to start officially TTC and hopefully won't have to try for long. I actually think I may have burst a few cysts based on the strong pains I have experienced since the day I strained and tried to pick up something heavy in a bad position. As long as my doctor doesn't try to put anything off and have me schedule separate appointments for different issues, then I'm good. If he does, we have problems bc it was his nurses who refused to schedule me separate appointments in the first place. lol

Yw...good luck and will be praying for you that everything goes smoothly. It can be hard at times thats for sure.

it took me three cycles to conceive. the third cycle i didnt try barely at all and conceived right away. the first two cycles i felt nearly all the typical symptoms of early pregnancy and just freaked out because i really believed i was pregnant with no doubt! the cycle i fell pregnant, i didnt believe i was pregnant one bit! but i did have new symptoms i did not ever have before in my other cycles even when not ttc. i didnt start feeling pregnant until about 7 or 8 weeks along, even though i had morning sickness early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->