why do I feel so frumpy??

mumof2girls

Reaction score
Hi,

I dont usually post here but didnt think it was appropriate to put this in baby club.

I have a dd who is 4 and a dd who is 7 months. After my first child I lost what little baby weight I had pretty quickly and she was prem so the stress of it also put me back to my usual size. Grace wasnt a poorly prem baby as such so I was back to my normal self within weeks and enjoying being a mummy but I also took care of myself.... always did my hair and wouldnt leave the house without make up etc.

I had my 2nd child in April and I just feel like I cant be bothered anymore. I have 2 brilliant kids I couldnt ask for better, they have always slept through from 6 weeks, and are generally happy little souls so im not exactly tired all the time! I always have my hair up, NEVER wear make up and always wear "mummy" clothes like tracksuit bottoms etc. After baby was born and just before my birthday hubby gave me £500 for new clothes and I have some quite nice stuff but I bought it all pre baby size and none of it fits, I cant seem to lose weight but im on a new pill now that should help. I eat healthily and try not to snack. I just cant seem to find the motivation to sort myself out! What is wrong with me??? I dont have pnd as I had that after dd1 so have made myself aware of how I feel so I can sort the problem out, but I have felt happy within myself its just my appearance I cant get a grip on.

I really need some advice on how to go about sorting myself out, I have had enough of being a "frump" I want to be a "yummy mummy" like all the ones at my daughters nursery! I feel like they all look down on me :(

Thanks ladies x

awwww, it's good cos u are happy within yourself you don't feel the need to do those things to get out the front door each day like me lol!!! but .. bein serious now i bet ur gorgeous, and nothing wrong with wanting to feel glam - 1 idea - i work for debenhams - why don't u book one of the free personal shoppers - don't have to buy anything n it's free ;) be a bit of a treat n u mite end up buying something he/she will listen to exactly what U want and find stuff to show u off to ur best, be a bit of a giggle & u could book one with a friend also xx

I feel the same as you and i cant seem to lose the weight either.. if you dont mind me asking what pill is it you are taking now? x

21Rach Thanks maybe will try that after xmas, sounds like a giggle if nothing else.

mummy to be I am on Yasmin, only been on it a week and already noticed a huge decrease in my appetite its totally back to normal now I feel fantastic and not like I need to snack all the time! I was on brevinor before which was awful!

I think a lot of it is probably to do with me having got married last year, maybe I dont feel as though I need to look fab for hubby.... but thats wrong isnt it? I should still be me! Think I will have to force myself to make more of an effort even if its just a bit of mascara lol. I am only 21 but feel more like 41 some days!!! x

21Rach Thanks maybe will try that after xmas, sounds like a giggle if nothing else.

mummy to be I am on Yasmin, only been on it a week and already noticed a huge decrease in my appetite its totally back to normal now I feel fantastic and not like I need to snack all the time! I was on brevinor before which was awful!

I think a lot of it is probably to do with me having got married last year, maybe I dont feel as though I need to look fab for hubby.... but thats wrong isnt it? I should still be me! Think I will have to force myself to make more of an effort even if its just a bit of mascara lol. I am only 21 but feel more like 41 some days!!! x

Where did you get them pills from? i could do with some lol x

damn, those pills sound great! i feel like this at the mo and can't bear it!! fat and i can feel my jeans getting tighter by the day :cry:

Do you think it's possible that you have pretty high standards and that maybe you need to give yourself a break?
If you feel pretty happy, despite not wearing make-up and nicer clothes, maybe that's telling you that you are doing okay and just need to relax right now?
If it's really bothering you, I would try for exercise over diet. You'll get that nice endorphin high and it might really lift your mood as well as shift the weight.
But don't forget to be gentle on yourself, eh?
:)

Sorry girls think I have given the wrong impression, yasmin are not diet pills they are the contraceptive pill. I am not gonna diet either as I find if I ban myself from eating something I want it all the more so I am going to eat as usual and exercise. I have a wii fit and im getting that new wii fit plus for xmas that helps count calories so I know im not eating more than I should. I think I just needed a bit of a kick up the ass which I got off hubby last night, he said he loves me the way I am but he said it is nice when I do wear a bit of make up and if it makes me happier then I should do it! Think will go shopping and buy some new make up particularly over this festive season xx

I really could've written this myself, although my main problem is my 7 month old wakes every 2 hours through the night too so I'm exhausted! I hardly have the energy to wash my hair let alone dry and straighten it :( no advice I'm afraid but wanted to tell you you aren't alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->