Why do I keep changing my mind

Laura_44

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I haven't been on here for about 4mths and at the time, I was really sure I wanted to try for baby number 2, I even came off the pill, then the feeling started to disappear and I started thinking of reasons not to have a baby again right now and I went back on the pill. My husband went along with my reasons for not trying again (even though Husband still wants another child), which included things like, I like life the way it is now, I love my son to pieces and I love being able to give him 100% of my time, I have a fairly good social life and I am content with my life. The only thing is my heart is telling me I want another child, everytime I see a baby, I just think that could be me, but my head keeps telling me different things. It's really hard to explain how I'm feeling but i'm just so totally confused? Deep down I feel that I do want another child, I want my son to have a brother/sister and not be this massive age gap, my son is already nearly 5 and even though i'm only 23, I do have this urge to bring another life into the world, I guess i'm just scared of the changes. What should I do, wait till i'm 100% sure or just take the leap? Anyone else feel like this?

Umm, I can totally relate to how you feel. Literally, one minute I want to TTC and the next, I don't. Hubby really wants to ttc though...so I compromised and said that we won't prevent. I've gotten pregnant twice accidentally, so not preventing may as well be ttc probably. Anywho, I just wanted you to know that it is totally understandable to feel the way you do. You probably will go back and forth a few more times between now and when you really decide to TTC.

Aww thankyou, it's good to know i'm not the only one to feel like this, I just feel abit selfish, because like I said my husband really does want another child. I dont know whether I should just come off the pill again, and just use condoms till im ready so that when i'm ready my cycle will be normal and basically just see how that goes. Thankyou HatterasSarah

You're not the only one - I feel the same too - but we're taking the leap and no backing out now :)

I think it's completely normal and natural to have doubts. I think everyone has them - but I think in most cases the anticipation is always worse than the actual event. As long as you can financially handle another child and your heart is telling you to go for another, I would listen to your heart! :D Good luck with whatever you decide. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->