why do i let this happen!

callmedan

Reaction score
so i am back in the TWW!

were not even TTC yet but i decided to have a month off the pill (for a few reasons, wanted to see how my body reacts, have a bit of a break and other things) OH knows i am off it for a month and we have been using pull out method then condoms for the end... i used opks up until CD16 (tuesday) when i ran out and still hadnt had my positive

then yesterday morning we DTD and he didnt pull out... i know its so bad but when your in the moment its so hard to stop lol it was his choice though and i was ok with it and obviously we both know the slight risks!

now im panicking as we have booked non refundable flights for april to orlando! so if i was pregnant that would be £1000 down the drain (and we would miss our holiday) but then its like i do really want a baby so... im torn!

going to (try to) wait till cd42 to test as my cycles can be wierd lengths, that'll be the 16th december which seems so far away right now! thats if af doesnt arrive...

anyways sorry for the long post! what are all you up to today :)

I am the same. We are exclusively using withdrawal method since I came off Depo Provera in August, my cycles are just beginning to regulate again, so of course I think I could be pregnant every month!
I have had two unplanned pregnancies in the past 3 years, with roughly 18 months in between, so for some reason I feel like I am due another! I had a weird rash on my leg the other day, I have only ever had it once before, which was in very early pregnancy. My mum saw it and told me she had the same rash when she was expecting me (she didn't know I was pregnant) so if course now I am convinced I am pregnant!

Today we are taking the dog a long walk, cleaning the flat, cooking a nice meal, then doing lesson plans for work! Not exactly exciting! What about you?

Good luck :)
I'd get travel insurance that covers cancellations just in case

I am the same. We are exclusively using withdrawal method since I came off Depo Provera in August, my cycles are just beginning to regulate again, so of course I think I could be pregnant every month!
I have had two unplanned pregnancies in the past 3 years, with roughly 18 months in between, so for some reason I feel like I am due another! I had a weird rash on my leg the other day, I have only ever had it once before, which was in very early pregnancy. My mum saw it and told me she had the same rash when she was expecting me (she didn't know I was pregnant) so if course now I am convinced I am pregnant!

Today we are taking the dog a long walk, cleaning the flat, cooking a nice meal, then doing lesson plans for work! Not exactly exciting! What about you?

Wow that sounds promising then if it's something you and your mum have both had in early pregnancy... Would you be ok to fall pregnant now? It must be so hard only using withdrawal! I would defo be pregnant by now if that was all we used!
Well this morning I wrapped some Xmas presents then taught my 5 year old niece how to play scrabble (bent the rules a bit for her haha) now I'm on my way to my Grandads for Sunday dinner after just being at the manchester city match :) lots to take my mind off but hasn't worked so I'm convincing myself if I am it'll be fine! I'm at the point now where I'll almost be disappointed to not be pregnant ;)

Oh and yo yo I have insurance but not sure what it covers! May read up on it tonight :flower:

Definitely check on your insurance! And you'd be, what, 5-6 months pregnant? You could still fly if you didn't want to chuck the money down the drain. My bridesmaid was 22 weeks pregnant when she came to the US from Australia to be in the wedding.

I don't think I could ever rely on the pull-out method for this reason! Only if it really didn't matter if I fell pregnant. Otherwise I'd be worried all the time!

I don't see why you couldn't just go on your holiday even if you did end up pregnant?
It might be a bit uncomfortable, but surely you could still go? That way you wouldn't lose the money, and you'd get a nice little vacation before LO appears.
This is why I don't trust OH with the pull out method. He's done this a couple of times, when we've been too "in the moment" to grab any protection. I just absolutely CAN'T fall pregnant until after January 7th, so I don't let him get away with "I'll just pull out" anymore.

Good luck either way, but as you'd only be 5 or 6 months along I'd say still go on the holiday as use it as one last relaxing holiday!

X

the only problem with actually going on the holiday is it will probably cost around £5000 in total (already paid £1000) and we were supposed to be going for disney/universal/seaworld etc and i wouldnt be able to go on any rides or properly enjoy a lot of the attractions so another 4 grand is a lot to spend for a holiday that would still be good but not as good as it could be!
it would be lovely to have a nice holiday just us two somewhere so nice!

i know the pull out method only really works if you have super self control (which me and oh obviously dont!) i really dont feel like i will be pregnant but you never know! time will tell eh! :)

Ah ok, I see what you mean then. I guess if you were pregnant another £4000 is also a lot of money to spend when you're going to be looking at buying baby things too.

Would the holiday company let you transfer the £1000 deposit you've paid onto another holiday, like just a regular holiday somewhere?

X

I don't think so with it just being flights! I've checked my insurance and I do have cancellation cover but there are probably terms and conditions which I can't seem to find! Just gonna wait till I know for sure!
Oh and last night I said to oh 'my stomach looks really big tonight' and he said 'yeah it does maybe you should do a test!' And I was like charming!! But he said it's because of the shape... I'm too nervous though! Going to stick to my original date, 21 days to go!

maybe im around ov... on CD22! had quite a bit of ewcm today but i had it last week too

I'm in the same position ! Bf didn't have as much control ad usual. And there is a change of pregnant y this month. Af will be due around the 4th December so will be testing then :).

I'm in the same position ! Bf didn't have as much control ad usual. And there is a change of pregnant y this month. Af will be due around the 4th December so will be testing then :).

yeah lets just blame it on them! bloody men need to learn some self control haha
oooh are you hoping for a happy accident or would you be relieved with a bfn?

I would be over the moon with a happy suprise, but I'm suppose to be going on a holiday with a group of friends in February/ march next year . And also starting to build a house next year/ year after so would be fine with a bfn as it would make my life easier. If that makes sence? Also trying to not look pregnant over Xmas / new year with everyone else drinking etc. My friends ask me if I'm pregnant if I drink fruity tea instead of coffee lol

wow you are in such a similar position to me! im going on holiday in april and also hoping to buy our first house next year so even though if i got bfp i would be so so so happy!! its probably for the best that it doesnt happen..
if af turns up im going to go back on the pill till my holiday so its kind of nice having this month to think what could happen even though its pretty unlikely!

Totally get what u mean! Just want it to be time for af or so I can test ! :) only time will tell !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->