Why do I look 5 months pregnant?!

laila 44

Reaction score
Ok I'm freaking out. This is my fourth pregnancy with one mc so our third and I'm huge! Like no exaggeration my friends, family everyone keeps drawing attention to my massive bump. I'm not a big girl I'm not over weight at all yet my stomach is so big it's scaring me. Of all my pregnancies this is the biggest and my kids were big babies. So my question is will this level off or am I going to explode? Because at this rate I won't be able to walk I'm only 12 weeks!!! Yesterday I got super bad back pain due to all the weight being in the front something I normally get in third trimester. I'm panicking. I'm scared I'll be beyond huge and I know how crippling a big bump can be. This is definately not bloat I've had bloat from 4-8 weeks that just disappeared until these past 2 weeks. Everyone's comments are starting to make me self conscious too :( anyone else with a massive bump ?

And none of my clothes fit at all not even my loose tops. I'd post a pic but I don't want to scare anyone lol. It's badddddd

Can't relate to the bump yet, I'm all bloat at this point, but I'm also huge. No idea how I'll keep this a secret for another two months, I already look like I did halfway through with my first.
But yeah, I'd suspect your bump should level off? Probably just stretching quicker because it knows what it's doing.

I am looking very pregnant too and I am only 10 weeks, 2nd baby but 3rd pregnancy. I get back pain too. For me, I know it is because my tummy muscles didn't repair after my 1st baby, i have a diastasis recti and never made any measures to fix it. Unfortunately it means everything is carried up front and down low because those muscles that are supposed to pull everything in are too far apart and only that thin stretchy muscle is left to support it. I have sworn to myself and my OH that I am going to fix it after this baby, will probably as midwife for physio while pregnant to see if i can stop other getting any worse. You could ask your midwife for physio if you're getting back pain x

This is my first pregnancy, and I feel like my stomach looks bigger than the pictures I see on google. My stomach was really flat pre pregnancy, and it's been protruding for weeks now (I guess bloat).

This is my first pregnancy, and I feel like my stomach looks bigger than the picturmires I see on google. My stomach was really flat pre pregnancy, and it's been protruding for weeks now (I guess bloat).

Mine too! I was a Crossfit feen pre pregnancy I had serious abs and a very flat tummy and now I just can't believe how big how fast!

I am obviously pregnant and also had a very flat stomach before. I think it's a combination of it being a second pregnancy, being a thin person where it shows faster, and possibly the fact that I'm doing things like eating massive chipotle burritos in one sitting because, uh, I'm really hungry when not sick. I'm getting worried about appropriately sizing a winter coat to cover what promises to be a large and unwieldy bump. My stomach was ridiculously big round one so I expect similar bumpage this pregnancy.

Yeah my stomach stopped being flat almost right away, like even at 8 weeks, it was protruding. I know it's not baby, but I thought it was crazy how fast the flat went away!

No way! Lol. I had 2 scans already only one baby for sure :)

I'm looking quite large myself lol. Granted I wasn't "skinny" to begin with, but this is my first pregnancy (besides chemicals lost before 5 weeks).
Everyone knows I'm pregnant, but they also have been commenting on my "bump" since 9 weeks!!?? I personally think I just started to pop out in the 12th week. It's also getting firmer so I do think bump vs bloat now, but not before!

I'm definately going to ask my OB today I'm going for a scan this morning. I feel as though my fundal height may be higher than its supposed to be.., we'll see what he thinks. Although I'm pretty sure he's gonna say well you've been pregnant 4 times so your body knows the drill etc...

Awww, I want a proper baby bump. The only tiny bit of bloating I have right now is because I haven't pooed in a week. Yep, you read that right ladies. Pregnancy is so glamorous. :haha:

But I'm twelve weeks today! I can hardly believe it. :happydance:

I've been huge this time around and also with my third. But just to give you some encouragement, a big bump early on doesn't necessarily mean you'll be super massive by the end.

This was 14 weeks with #3 (so not much further along than you) and then 34 weeks in that same pregnancy (he was born the next week, so that's the last bump pic I have). So I was big at the end, but not insanely so. ;)

Attachments

• 14 weeks Asher.JPG
    14 weeks Asher.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 34 weeks with Asher.jpg
    34 weeks with Asher.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics