• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Why do I need muslin squares?

N

Neecee

I've seen loads of lists and nursery packs with them included but I haven't got a clue what they're for! Anyone know?

They are a godsend, according to everyone I know with babies!! (I have never used one so cant say for sure) but my friends reckon they are just so handy to have. You use them instead of bibs and towels when feeding baby - mop up dribbles, burp cloth, over your shoulder etc, they also mop up any spills you may have with drinks on tables or wooden floors. they are large enough to be used as a cover for you when breastfeeding if you want to keep it discreet, comforter for baby, basically everything. They are £3 for 3 in asda and also £3 for 3 in Ikea as well. I have some and am planning to see what they are like! xx

they help when feeding cuz babies love to throw up just as u put the bottle or boob to their mouths n muslim squares r big so help catch it lol also if bf they help cover baby n make u feel like less of a show lol

I wanted to know to but was afriad to ask! lol I thought they where for wrapping the baby in! lol now I know what they are for.

:thumbup:
I wanted to know to but was afriad to ask! lol I thought they where for wrapping the baby in! lol now I know what they are for.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Give it a few months and you'll be recommending the to all pregnant Mummy's too:yipee:

I've got about 15 as sometimes you can get through about 6 a day at 1st:hissy:....I have some white and some coloured, that way no matter what colour wash is going on, I can still chuck some in

A friend of mine said she found them a godsend to place on the bedding before laying baby down - she said it was MUCH easier to change them than change all the bedding if baby was sick a bit!

oh YES YES YES, lol muslin squares are a godsend, they are so abosrbant, I still have some now, from ds I'lll have to buy new ones for this one, but they are great! Acerooni, cannot sing praises enough!

I actually thought the same and my best mates mum a childminder brought me loads and they were soooo handy! Babies often like to sleep with them too.

I have 50 and I still don't ever seem to have one around when I need it! They are a GODSEND!

Wow! I didn't realise how useful those things were!

" In The Surrey news today Muslim squares sales have suddely increased by 30% they are not sure where this sudden surge came from as birth rates in hospitals remain the same"

:rofl: Oi leave the other mums some in the shops! :baby::rofl:

Ive never used a muslin. Don't know what all the fuss is about, found them rubbish since they don't soak up anything. Recommend little burping towel things though

xx

I have 3 dozen terry toweling nappies instead! They are from MIL and they used to be my hubbies nappies when he was little!! Waste not want not!!!:rofl:

i have loads os muslins and i love them

jack also uses them as a comforter to go to sleep as they smell of mummies milk x

They're brill. We use them all the time (we only have two :O ) lol and Tegan is in love with them, she sicks on them.. and then gets hold of them in her little hands and wont let go.. Lol

muslin squares = receiving blankets?!?!

sorry girlies...these sounds really helpful but I have no clue what they are! :rofl:

Ive never used a muslin. Don't know what all the fuss is about, found them rubbish since they don't soak up anything. Recommend little burping towel things though

xx

Sorry to nitpick, but if you've never used muslin squares how did you find them to be rubbish?

i use them for winding and put in his crib and moses basket and my pram when it comes

i love muslins, amazing invention! we use them all the time for winding and burping. like jack, maddi likes to suck on her's too! also sometimes pop them underneath her neck when shes a bit sicky :)

xx

Sorry to nitpick, but if you've never used muslin squares how did you find them to be rubbish?

hope u don't mind me saying :blush:, cos amy might not come back to the thread but she didn't say she never used them she said she found them not very absorbent, she just preferred the little burping clothes. hope this is ok to say :blush: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"