Why Do I not feel done?

darkriver

Reaction score
Before I write this I know I am lucky already to have two. Especially as my daughter is barely a month old.

Why do I not feel done. I have two wonderfully healthy little girls but I still feel like I am missing something. I feel like I have enough room in my heart for another. The minute Amelia was placed in my arms all i could think was if it wasnt for the fact I just had a section I would be trying for another as soon as I could.

The reality is that me having another right now would very stupid and silly. There is so much I need to be doing before having another. I need to be driving. I had so many hospital appointments with my last pregnancy that I know I couldnt ask my best friend to go through all he did for me again. I need to be healthy.

I will be facing another section so I have to bare in mind the recovery. I have found it easy but it helps that Amelia is an amazingly laid back baby.

I feel like I need a slap but I cant stop thinking about it.

Baby fever just never goes away does it. Im still waiting for #1 so i don't really know anything about anything. Cant wait to have the experience for myself!! Congratulations on your new baby, enjoy her!

Baby fever just never goes away does it. Im still waiting for #1 so i don't really know anything about anything. Cant wait to have the experience for myself!! Congratulations on your new baby, enjoy her!

I hope you get the experience soon. I felt it would never happen for me, even when my baby sister was had her third before me.

I am the same and I have 6 children here, but I've had 9 babies. During my last pregnancy I was so sure I was donbe. Now I'm not. My head says the sensible thing is to stop now, but my heart whispers 'just one more?' X

My hearts not done either. My head is done, 100% makes far more sense to stop at 2. But my heart longs for another baby. To feel kicks, a growing belly, labour etc.

I think it's just a natural instinct. We are programmed to breed, we get broody to keep the human race going. I don't think I'd feel any more done if we had another. I think I'd just be prolonging the hurt.

I'm trying to focus on all the nice things we can have / do if we stop. Things that wouldn't happen with a 3rd. I'm also so happy everyday to be a day closer to a lay in :haha:

Same here. I have 3 boys and I always only wanred 3 children. But I didn't count on only having boys!

Don't get me wrong. I love my boys and would never wish for any of them to be a girl. I'm just missing having a girl of my own. Also cos I don't have a mom anymore and my only sister has cut off all contact with the family, I long to have a girl in my family.

But I also don't want to have a 4th just to try for a girl cos what's the chances of me having a boy again? Like super high?

I would love to have another baby though. The thought of knowing / thinking that I won't have another baby / to be pregnant anymore kills me.

My first is just 12 weeks old, and I already know i want at least two more. If DH said we were done I'd be heart broken. Logic tells me 3 is our max, but I know I'll have #3 and want #4. Some of us are just programmed to procreate! (which is why I went back on BC right away! Logic says wait a year, hormones say let's get the party started!)

I have 3 boys, 3 sections, and some difficulty getting a sticky bean for #3. We are done - but not by choice, but because of our ages, and the risks involved and the worry what if one of us gets very sick/dies (not THAT unlikely), leaving the other alone with so many kids (it IS a lot of work). Would LOOOVE another baby - but doubt I'd feel done even at that point. If I had started having kids earlier in life (was in mid 30's already with my first), who knows how many I'd have wanted?? The funny thing is - initially I just wanted one!

Septie I was the same. Could only see myself with one and then I had my little girl. Then I wanted more. Its so addictive.

I know the feeling I'm still waiting to try for number one (our TTC got put on a brief hold because I got sick) but I know I will want at least 3 especially cause being 21 I am at that age where everyone around me is having babies or getting pregnant my best friend who is 20 is due in March with number 2

Like others have said, I don't think that feeling ever goes away. My cousin, who has 2 kids, told me that she'd have 8 kids if she hadn't had her tubes tied lol. I don't know if I'm quite ready to make that drastic step yet, for one thing because DH and I want to try for our fourth and final baby in April 2017, however I know once I have #4 I will want #5 and one of us is definitely going to have to get something done before we're on #12 because there is no way we could afford that many kids! Even now I find myself thinking "well... what if I was pregnant?" I'm still figuring out how I'm going to deal with myself when we're for sure done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->