• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Why do parents bother saying anything?

ramblinhaggis

Call me Max - Mum to 4
Reaction score
Today i was waiting outside preschool with my older two. The other week when my husband took them, he had let my eldest swing on the railings there, she had fallen off and cut her lip, so naturally i wont let her play on them (not that i did before anyways!)

So along comes a mum and dad with their little lady whom goes straight to the railings and starts swinging. Straight away mum says, no come down off there. Child ignores mum. Dad tries. child ignores dad. After a while of looking at her, they give up....so why bother in the first place to say anything if they didnt actually care enough to stop her???

My eldest then decides to chance her luck to have a go, so i crouch down and say to her, just because that little girl is doing it, does not mean you can, dont you remember hurting your lip last week? I look up when done explaining and catch the mum giving me evils! What? What did i do?! Did i DARE tell my child not to do something dangerous :O :O :O

I dont understand some parents sometimes!

I always think it's because they don't want to cause a scene and risk a tantrum but at the end of the day they're just making a rod for their own backs! Or whatever the saying is. I think it's hilarious that the mum gave you evils just for reminding your daughter that she got hurt! The mother should've used your daughter as an example for her own as to why she shouldn't mess on the railings.

i know thats what i thought! At the end of the day everyone parents differently, so there is no need to evil someone for being firm about something thats already caused their daughter to have an injury. Perhaps its just because of the first part lol and saying, it doesnt matter what that other little girl is doing....!

lol I think the other mom was just pissy because you'd kind of (inadvertantly) pointed out that she couldn't get her kid not to swing on the railing.

what did she expect me to do lol, let my daughter swing on them because she couldnt be firm with hers? I admit i would hate to see any of the other kids get hurt like mine did, but i didnt say anything directly or be disapproving so really there was no need for the evils. I feel like vicky pollard. Next time i will shout DONT BE GIVING ME EVILLLLLS and roll my eyes :D

haha i love it!! the evils bit, not the part about the woman giving you them...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"