Why do some women go overdue?

I also had quite a few sweeps last time past 40 weeks and each time just gave me false starts that were tiring and unnecessary. I won't be having any more this time.

I was 2-3cm at both sweeps and both dislodged my plug and then labour started, both times I lost my plug within hours of the sweep so I really think they did start it all for me.

Like I say, I just find it strange how they worked so well for me and they don't do a thing for others. Maybe I was going to go anyway and it was coincidence? Maybe I was close and it sped it up a bit?

Doesn't answer the original question though, just raises more questions :haha:

I know a few ladies who went into labour right after sweeps, I definitely think they work for some especially if you're 2cm+ already, I think I just have a stubborn cervix that won't hurry itself along until it really has to lol!

I agree, I think sweeps do help things along but only if you are already dilated or progressing at lest a little already.

Yes they probably work if you are progressing along already but then what's the point?

Yes they probably work if you are progressing along already but then what's the point?

To help speed things up. You can be dilated and progressing and labor not actually start for weeks.

I had 3 sweeps and my midwife kept saying oh I don't think you will make induction and well I did :dohh: stubborn boy :haha:

To help speed things up. You can be dilated and progressing and labor not actually start for weeks.

Fair enough, it could be weeks if you have sweeps before EDD, here they wouldn't normally do any before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->