Why do they put us through this stress!!! Ultrasounds

heatherlee06

Reaction score
Hi, ladies I was wondering if any of you had this issue? I went to a free clinic yesterday for a free ultrasound, they do them to give you a more accurate due date. I thought why not! A free ultrasound cant pass that up. Well, didnt expect this.....By my Lmp I would be 6 weeks 4 days. I didn't think I was that far along, I was thinking more like 6 weeks a day or 2 less or more. At the earliest 5 weeks 3-4 days. She started the abdominal ultrasound, right away I seen the sac. I thought that was pretty good this soon to see it through a abdominal ultrasound. Right away she was like wow! I thought she was excited to see it this soon as well..Wrong!!!!!! she said that sac was way to small. she couldn't see me being more then 4 weeks at the most. So, she ask me if I wanted to try trans vaginal ultrasound, yes, I wanted to see what was going on. The machine was very old, but still she said my sac measured 3 1/2 weeks. I had 8 pregnancies, 6 living children, and never heard of a sac being seen less then 4 weeks. I know the average is 5 weeks, I couldn't even see a sign of a baby with my daughter at 4 1/2 weeks. She told me to expect the worse, that it stop growing a 3 1/2 weeks. My pregnancy test even up to yesterday are blazing positive. Still getting sicker, so wouldn't my test be getting lighter and my pregnancy signs decreasing, this early on. Do you think my ultrasound looks pretty normal for the 5th week of pregnancy. My first light positive test was on May 19th. Pos digital May 21st. She is putting conception date at may 17th. She doesnt do many ultrasounds before 6 weeks and is only a nurse, not a tech (she could be right) but this just doesnt add up........Any input will help, thank you ladies..
https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/heatherlb5/IMG_0001-1.jpg
https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/heatherlb5/IMG.jpg

Hi Hun I think you are right that they wouldn't see a sac at three and a half weeks. Perhaps you should request another scan in a couple of weeks. Hope everything turns out ok x

Free clinic? I would go for a second opinion...GOOD LUCK!! :)

I had a scan at around 41/2 weeks and couldn't see anything, then a scan at around 5 weeks showed a sac much like yours then 5 1/2 weeks showed the yolk sac as well. It doesn't sound like the sonographer you had knew much about early pregnancy, def get a 2nd opinion.

Thank you so much girls.........It was just very odd, nothing made sense. I too had a scan at 4 1/2 weeks, and not a baby in sight, and it was a high tech ultrasound. I go to my OB/GYN tomorrow and they are doing a ultrasound (that are updated) so, cant wait to see what they find...

I'm glad that you are getting another ultrasound tomorrow! It doesn't sound like you got very accurate information from the first. Hope that everything turns out to be just perfect! :)

Hi, ladies I was wondering if any of you had this issue? I went to a free clinic yesterday for a free ultrasound, they do them to give you a more accurate due date. I thought why not! A free ultrasound cant pass that up. Well, didnt expect this.....By my Lmp I would be 6 weeks 4 days. I didn't think I was that far along, I was thinking more like 6 weeks a day or 2 less or more. At the earliest 5 weeks 3-4 days. She started the abdominal ultrasound, right away I seen the sac. I thought that was pretty good this soon to see it through a abdominal ultrasound. Right away she was like wow! I thought she was excited to see it this soon as well..Wrong!!!!!! she said that sac was way to small. she couldn't see me being more then 4 weeks at the most. So, she ask me if I wanted to try trans vaginal ultrasound, yes, I wanted to see what was going on. The machine was very old, but still she said my sac measured 3 1/2 weeks. I had 8 pregnancies, 6 living children, and never heard of a sac being seen less then 4 weeks. I know the average is 5 weeks, I couldn't even see a sign of a baby with my daughter at 4 1/2 weeks. She told me to expect the worse, that it stop growing a 3 1/2 weeks. My pregnancy test even up to yesterday are blazing positive. Still getting sicker, so wouldn't my test be getting lighter and my pregnancy signs decreasing, this early on. Do you think my ultrasound looks pretty normal for the 5th week of pregnancy. My first light positive test was on May 19th. Pos digital May 21st. She is putting conception date at may 17th. She doesnt do many ultrasounds before 6 weeks and is only a nurse, not a tech (she could be right) but this just doesnt add up........Any input will help, thank you ladies..
https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/heatherlb5/IMG_0001-1.jpg
https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/heatherlb5/IMG.jpg
update................48 hours later..............went to my ob today, they did a ultrasound. WOW!!!! we had a perfect yolk sac, and a tiny flicker (heartbeat) they said it may have just started today.
I didn't expect to see more then a yolk sac, to see the heart was unbelievable. People need to be very careful what they say to someone if they are not a 100% sure. Today turned out to be a shock but two days of thinking the pregnancy was over waiting to miscarry is alot of stress on a expecting mother. Please stay positive if this happens to you, its crazy what happens to your body in just 2 days...good luck

i am soooo glad u have just posted this as i have had a hell of day!

i had a early reassurance scan today and they said im 5 weeks the scan looked pretty much the exact same as ur, and with a yolk sack but no heartbeat :-S....yet! im trying to stay hopefully but they dont give much away!

im back in 2 weeks so hopefully everything will be fine then

thank you sooooo much for posting this :)

xx

I am so glad you read my story then, 5 weeks with a yolk sac is amazing. I was 5 weeks 5 days and seen nothing. The 2 days made such a difference, I bet the babys heart starts tomorrow. I think your next can will show a healthy little bean, please don't stress yourself out like I did. The best thing is you seen your little yolk sac....CONGRATS......

aww thank you heather :) im very pleased everything has worked out for you in the end as well!

im beginningt to think they should refuse 2 do early scans till 6/7 weeks unless theres an extreme need. i.e bleeding etc cause it just really worries u when u see just a wee blob that has no heartbeat! the next 2 weeks are going to dragggg
xxx

Hi Ladies! Can anyone tell me the difference between a transvaginal ultrasound and a fetal viability scan? I went to my OB today (I should be 6 weeks 2 days along) and I am really worried. I have a healthy 16 year old but in 2005 I had a blighted ovum. That was a horror story, as after they did the removal I had a SECOND D&C within 4 days where the doctor said he was removing "fetal matter". Well - if there was no fetus to begin with, there shouldn't have been an emergency 4 days later right? Anyway - I went for my 1st checkup as I am very high risk. Doc saw the sac but said it is much to early to see a fetus and is sending me for a viability scan. What on earth is the difference? I can't seem to find anything online at all and am freaking out at seeing an empty sac again.
I did just have surgery in mid April and I thought my LMP was 4/20 but it may have been 4/24 which puts me just a few days behind. I also know with those dates I conceived on 5/4 or 5/8 and I know that it can actually take a few days after to truly conceive so I may have had implantation on says 5/6 or 5/7 or of 5/8 was the day it could have been 5/9 or 5/10. So.. Please let me know if you know the difference between a trans-vag us and a viability scan. Thank you SO much!

Good job u didnt go and drown your sorrows. Put a complaint in. Congrats also x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->