Why do you want a girl?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
I'm not pregnant yet, but I already know I want a boy so bad I can't stand it. I think it's because I'm more of a tomboy, I don't know. Anyway I want to get this under control before I start ttc, so what are some good things about having a girl that just don't come with having a little boy? Thanks :flower:

I have one of each, and i always wanted a girl, so was very blessed with my first being a girl.

I have equal fun with both of them... Madi is such a girly girl, and i dont know why, because im not at all. She loves dressing up, and playing babies, its very sweet. Now at nearly 4 we do the whole shopping together thing, she loves to pick out clothes and try them on in the changing rooms. We do each others hair lol, she gives me makeovers. Prances around the house in my shoes... shes a bubble of glittery girly fun.

Buuutttt.... she also loves being out side, riding my cousins quadbike, in fact shes better on it than him. She loves to make mud pies, jump around and be silly on the trampoline.

Gender doesnt define a child, personality does. :)

I guess I just don't know what to expect. I have taken care of plenty of boys, girls not so much.

I agree, gender doesn't define personality! My second son is so sweet, caring and gentle. I think he's basically what people 'expect' girls to be. He has a baby doll he's had for a long time, he takes it out, carries it around and sleeps with it every night. He loves stuffed animals he's always carrying them around and cuddling them. He gives me a thousand hugs a day for absolutely no reason. He's just a sweetie pie. But at the same time he's so rough and tumble, loves cars like any other boy. And he's SUCH a ball of energy!

My first son is just as sweet and tells me he loves me a billion times a day. But he's more of a manly boy!

I just want to experience the doll side, dresses all that stuff. I'm not a girly girl by any means, I don't own any dresses or skirts to be honest. The girliest thing I do is paint my nails and wear earrings haha. I also have a SUPER close relationship with my mom (my dad too!) but I want to have that with my daughter. It doesn't happen in every instance, but often mom in law is not as included in.. Anything. And with two son's they'll both have girlfriends/wives (or boyfriends/husbands, lord knows?! Haha) who will get pregnant and have her own parents who she'll share all the news with. I'll hear through the grape vine I'm sure lol. I dunno. I just want both experiences.

I can't quite define the reason why I want a girl. I guess I feel like I have alot of knowledge to pass on about girl things. I feel like I would be a great 'girl mother'

Growing up there was alot of problems with males on my side of the family. I wont delve too deep, but it certainly made me scared to have boys. Now I have boys, I realise that they are a blank canvas, they aren't defined by their lineage, only by my guidance. And they are exceptional boys.

Also, my mother has 6 grandchildren, all boys. My MIL has 7 grandchildren, 6 boys one girl. I have always been the type of personality to go against the grain, you know? I want to have a girl so I have a different family makeup from everyone else in our families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->