why does it remain positive?

Aliciatm

Trying but not overdoing
Reaction score
okay so started testing on opks cd 9- today cd 17.
my first response said positive cd 13-14.
cd 15 and 16 were taken with very diluted urine... and at night unlike the others so im counting them out bc i know they would have been positive if i would have taken them with 2mu like all the others today was post. so why is it remaining post how can i know im ovulating without temping???

OPKs are designed to detect the surge. I had 10 days positives before and had whats called an annovulatory cycle...no ov. The LH kept surging to make me ov but it never happened. The only way to know for sure is by having a CD21 progesterone blood test. An easy way to check that though without bloods is to monitor your temp but you need to temp before ov to get the cover line. Once you ov your body starts producing progesterone...its that hormone that makes your temp go up...hence how you would know you had in fact ov. I hope this makes sense.

yeah... my dr said i was defiantly ovulating... but idk he could be wrong who knows now im defiantly not gonna test ... i just no af is gonna come

Hun you are only a few dpo....dont think about af until she shows. If she shows.

im gonna call dr tomorrow to see if he will do blood prog test on cd 21. maybe he wil maybe he wont.. i just am gonna be totally sad if he says no!

last cycle i got post opks from cd 14-17.. with cd 17 being the darkest.. i read its sometimes normal for the opks to remain positive???? im confused now what if im not ovulating!!! OMG!

Don't freak out! Call your doctor & request that test...
Maybe it was something as simple as you were misinterpreting the opks.

Lol not freaking out more or less just more disapointed I read where it can remain positive until lh is totally out of your system and you cab ovulate but who knows I guess I'll wait and see af is suppose to be here June 13 th

No you only get a positive opk while your body is producing the LH to help you ov. Once you ov they go neg (although there will be some sort of line) Positives for several days is not impossible. Your doc should have no need to refuse a day 21 blood. If you are not ov then he can refer you to a gynae but with good lines like that I suspect you are just later than you realise. Thats why you must do your opks at the same time every day and not drink lots before you do. That way they are accurate. You likely have had positives for 4 days. Which means ov is about to happen

Last cycle they were positive from cd 14 to 17 cd 17 being darkest then they went negative so I'm thinking I missed it bc I bd cd 16 so ... That's why we are gonna bd until cd 20

I have a gyno but he wants me to see fs I got an appt in march but won't be going until then my gyno isn't the nicest man out there

I'm trying but I've had dreams of having a baby four nights in a row now! And it's taking it's toll on me I feel so empty without a baby. I mean don't get me wrong my husband is the best and we have made it through so much but o still feel incomplete it's like I'm longing for something thats suppose to happen.

It absolutely will happen- I bet when you least expect it to!
xoxo

Thanks hope so I kept feeling I would get my bfp this cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"