Why does my belly look like this?

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
It's like a pouch that's split down the middle. No matter how much weight I lose, it stays, so I still can't wear tight shirts. At first I thought this was normal since I just had a baby but it's been almost 9 months and it's not going away! None of my friends have this. Is this diastasis recti?

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 7122013 74222 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 7122013 74222 PM.bmp.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 28
Something to do with weak muscles? I've seen it before but thought it was normal!

My belly looks like this, i think its just normal from where the skin stretches to capacity. Were you overweight before you got pregnant? Because i was and i think were i was overweight and then my belly stretched beyond its means when i got pregnant i was left with it. I got down to 9.7 and it was still there- not as bad but livable. Sorry no miracle cure x

I started out at 93 lbs. Maybe being so tiny before is what made it do this? I didn't think my belly was capable of getting as big as it did!

Nor was I! Its amazing how much the skin stretches and how big the bump can get!! I used to think it looked disgusting, but im not benefiting from thinking of my body in that way, so now ive just learnt to live with it. ive got 6 weeks left of pregnancy with number two and i suffered terribly with stretch marks first time round, but this time round after extensive cream i havnt got a single stretch mark, so im very interested in knowing what my stomach is going to look like after!!!!!

Also i work in weight loss and i have seen a few bellys in my time, and this is common : ) xx

Nor was I! Its amazing how much the skin stretches and how big the bump can get!! I used to think it looked disgusting, but im not benefiting from thinking of my body in that way, so now ive just learnt to live with it. ive got 6 weeks left of pregnancy with number two and i suffered terribly with stretch marks first time round, but this time round after extensive cream i havnt got a single stretch mark, so im very interested in knowing what my stomach is going to look like after!!!!!

Does your bump look different this time around? I'm guessing the skin stretches so tight that it would look normal right?

yeah my bump looks smaller, and alot more round on the front. I have a flabby bit at the bottom, but i wear high maternity pants so noone can tell. Im also 3 stone lighter this time round, so i think that makes a difference aswell!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->