why does my LO not giggle, he smiles

monte3375

Reaction score
But he cannot seem to get out a giggle or laugh.

I blow in his tummy and he gets a big grin and excited but only gets like a small grr out.

My little boy took forever for like a belly laugh. He would do a small ha ha, and grin but nothing huge. I don't remember when he started doing it a lot....maybe around 10+ months? He now giggles non stop all day long!!

Mine doesnt either, hes almost four months:)

He's still pretty young. Most babies don't start laughing until around 4-6 months, and in the beginning it's not very frequent and doesn't always sound like what you'd expect. Give him some time ;)

He's pretty young. The laughing should come within a few months. :)

We had smiles but not laughing at that stage. Now, at 16 months, she laughs all the time. Don't worry...he will get there soon!

My little girl is the same. She's only recently started belly laughing - at the dog!

My little girl is the same. She's only recently started belly laughing - at the dog!

My little girl finds my dog hysterical too!

Op, my lo only started laughing about 2 weeks ago at 6 months old!

My 8 month old rarely laughs either! For that she smiles pretty much all the time. She's a very happy baby just without many laughs!

By the way - as others have mentioned, he's still pretty young! Both my girls didn't start laughing until 4+ months.

Getting a proper giggle out of Joni was like drawing blood from a stone until around 10 months. She used to do a single 'haaaa' but that was it. Now she's a proper little giggler! X

My LO barely laughed either... Then on the rare occassion you did get her to laugh, two seconds later, she's over it. But the older she got, the more smiley she is and the more she laughs. Now at 8m.... When she feels like it, she'll start chuckling away.... But only when she feels like it. She's very content though, and everyone always comment on what a happy and good baby she is...but giggling? Only if she finds you very funny... And boy do I still have to work at them.

My LO has been smiling pretty much since birth. He has only just started I giggle and he is 5 months old.

My lo smiles 24/7 and makes the laughing movement but no sound comes out :D xxx

Cant wait for proper laughs!

My son (4.5 months) laughs, but you can't really make him laugh. He finds the most random things funny! The most recent thing has been the past two nights... apparently it's hilarious when I take off his clothes for the day to get him ready for bed!

My little
Girl is 3 months old and has laughed 3 times. 1st time I was grabbing her tummy saying fatty fatty. Second time I was climbing up her belly with my finger then goin boop on her nose then the third time all I did was lay her down for a nap lol. But now Shae won't do it but tries so hard and gets so frustrated she cries lol.

My LO just started giggling the last few weeks, but are very short lived and only for me.

Her new thing is she giggles when I wipe her bum... :dohh:

I got my first giggle today while feeding during my lunch hour. I gave him kisses on his neck saying num num num and that tickled HUD tummy so much he laughed several times.

Cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->