Why doesnt my baby properly wake during the night??

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
My son is only 5 days old..he eats and sleeps very well during the daytime but at nightime its a different story! We put him down and he sleeps a couple of hours silently but then he starts moaning..he never actually wakes up and starts to cry, just moans non stop. I wake him, feed him and change him and then it take ages to settle him again..Once hes asleep he'll stay asleep for 2 hours again then start moaning. Whats going on, should i be worried? x

It sounds perfectly normal to me (from my experience with Bethanie anyway). I think a LOT of newborns only sleep for a few hours at a time. We used to feed, change Bethanie, put her back to bed then she would be up in about an hour or two for her next feed. It's probably just going to take him a while to get into a routine, try not to worry. By the way - Bethanie just moans, even now.

Perfectly normal, my baby used to wake every hour or so at first. By 3 months he only woke twice for feeds but moaned, tossed and turned, cried and laughed in his sleep.
We had to put him in his own room by then as we were knackered.

And now he sleeps through the night in his cot, in his own room and is a fantastic baby.

Cx

all mine fed every 2 hours to start with, they shift to every 4 hours in a few weeks so it does get better.

Coby had colic so he did cry but Charlie and Ethan didnt cry for feeds, just moaned a bit.

x

Congratulations on your arrival! :happydance:

It is normal babe, Alfie used to do this, infact he still does at times.....he moans himself back to sleep, it is not a very loud moan.

I never used to get him up I would leave him until he made it clear he wanted attention or feeding, but I would stroke his head or belly so he knew someone was there. x

What about that moan they do in the morning as they get older?? Bethanie does a mum mum mum, dad dad dad mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm and I say "OK IM GETTING UP!! grrr" (im not good in the morning).

:lol: Tilly!!!

Well We have a HUGEEEEEE bed, and in the middle of us sleeps Alfie (as we have a damp problem that has re-appeared and he is too big for his crib) he sleeps on a double quilt folded a few times which raises him up in the bed and we then put things under the sides to sort of cocoon him and stop him rolling off, anyway.......when he decides he is awake, he puts his arms out to the side and grabs hold of my hair and has a good tug on it, OR of a weekend when Paul is home he hits him in the face :lol: so I don't really get as far as that morning moan :lol: BUT....there is always this great big grin and wriggle of excitement when you turn over and say "what are you doing?!"

To be honest he is a lazy bones, most of the time he gets up very late as he is usually just after a bottle first thing in the morning, mind you he don't go to sleep 'til late neither, he is awake now!!!! Singing to me and filling his nappy! :lol:

Bless 'em eh!

Sorry......https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/remoteImage-138.gif

lol bless, Bethanie won't sleep recently either! she was awake at like 12am. When she was 3 months everyone told me not to sleep with her in bed, but I propped her up in her grobag on a pillow and positioned myself as not to roll over on her and we had lovely 2 hour long naps together lol.

What time does he wake? Bethanie's been waking at 9/10am recently!! makes me feel like a bad mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->