Why have I only had ONE day of morning sickness

lcmorla

Reaction score
My first pregnancy began in February but ended in a miscarriage in May :(

I tested on the 18th and I am pregnant again!!!! So overwhelmed with joy but this time I'm keeping this a secret until the second tri-mester to avoid disappointing people.

Unlike my first pregnancy which was very calm, no morning sickness at all, I had a SINGLE day of severe morning sickness on Thursday. I even had to call in from work. I read plenty of articles explaining that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy so I was excited to suffer!

I haven't had any morning sickness since then and I'm a little bit weirded out as to why not.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Maybe something triggered the nausea. I had a couple of episodes where I felt horrible during my pregnancy (the worse was after smelling grilled chicken around 7 weeks and then drinking orange juice at 18 weeks to get her to move around for a gender scan), otherwise I felt normal. My mother didn't have morning sickness with her three pregnancies either. Some women just get lucky! A lack of it doesn't mean the pregnancy isn't healthy.

Try to relax and rest, and stay positive! Hope you have a healthy pregnancy. :flower:

Ive had severe morning sickness with two miscarriages i had

and then with my daughter who was early but healthy i didnt really suffer so i really dont think it matters. My friend is 23 weeks and doesn't feel pregnant at all. Dont worry everything is most likely going to be alright :) try to enjoy this moment xxx and definetly enjoy no ma because id giv anything to feel normal xx

So sorry for your loss.

Don't worry about not having nausea. Some women don't have it as a symptom at all and go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. With my DD I did have some nausea but I can count the number of times I threw up on one hand. I do not want to have anything like that again! With this pregnancy, I only really have nausea the night before I tested. Thankfully no more nausea.

Have a happy & healthy 9 months!

Sorry for your loss.

With my daughter I hardly ever had any kind of nausea at all. If I did it was usually triggered by something else like taking my prenatal without enough food on my stomach. Not only was my daughter born healthy (perfect apgar score) but she was late! I have yet to experience much of any symptoms shy of fatigue with this one. NO sore boobs, no moodiness, no nausea! Don't worry about the lack of certain pregnancy symptoms. Every pregnancy is different. Congrats!

I only had morning sickness on one occasion for each of my pregnancies.. both times around 7 weeks and it was because I didn't eat dinner.. not eating can trigger nausea! Could that be why? if not it may be something you DID eat or a smell of some sort or just hormones even.. I wouldn't worry too much!

I haven't really had any nausea this pregnancy.... Except one day at around 6 weeks I remember it hit me like a ton of bricks... I was at the park drinking a veggie and fruit jamba juice.. All of a sudden I could barely walk. I was dizzy and wanted to vomit right there. Luckily I did make it home and i didn't vomit, but it was the worst feeling ever. Maybe that jamba juice triggered mine. IDK. But I have come to the conclusion that some womens bodies just handle the hormones better than others. I get the sore boobs and occasional headaches (have one right now actually) but the symptoms have been overall easy one me. As long as no spotting or severe cramping I try not to worry about it.. I know its hard sometimes though.

Congratulations! I'm 12 weeks, and I've had barely any nausea. Haven't even come close to being sick. Just a few moments of mild nausea here and there. Baby was perfectly healthy at my 9 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->