Why I'm Admitting Defeat & Letting Our Toddler Sleep In Our Bed

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Whatever happens next, I’m armed with a new perspective.

Click HERE!

I really needed to read this today! My daughter (3) has always slept with us but we are ready to move her into her own bed. She is just getting too big and tossing and turning at night bc she isn't comfortable in between us anymore.

So we tried last night, I read her a book, sang until my throat was sore (That's usually how she goes to sleep in my room), and then laid beside her bed, in a rocking chair until I thought she was asleep. I crept out and latched the door. (She has a beautiful inside princess screen door) and her room is literally no more than 3 steps away from my door. My husband came in my room and said "Are we really going to lock her in?" I said, "Unless you want to be up and down all night"...he then made me feel like I was Hitler or something. He said it hurt him so he went and unlatched the door. About 3 hours later, I hear her call out. I called back and reassured her that everything was okay and for her to go back to sleep. I heard her try the door and next thing I knew she was in the bed with us again. My husband called me this morning while I was at work...sounded really upset and said that we should put this on hold bc we are headed to the beach in a couple of weeks and we don't want to mess up the routine once we get it down. I feel defeated.

im having serious bedtime battles with my 3 year old. i have to read her a story and lay with her until shes asleep. then i sneak out. this can take an hour!!! then i might get an hour downstairs with my partner before shes awake again wanted us to lay with her again. if we get to bed before this then its guarenteed 100% that she will call out in the night before 3am and then my oh has to sleep in her bed or she sleeps in ours. we also have a 7 month old baby who has a nightfeed. so sleep in this house is non exsistent right now

im having serious bedtime battles with my 3 year old. i have to read her a story and lay with her until shes asleep. then i sneak out. this can take an hour!!! then i might get an hour downstairs with my partner before shes awake again wanted us to lay with her again. if we get to bed before this then its guarenteed 100% that she will call out in the night before 3am and then my oh has to sleep in her bed or she sleeps in ours. we also have a 7 month old baby who has a nightfeed. so sleep in this house is non exsistent right now

I'm glad it's not just my 3yo who does this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->