Why is it you tell someone you're pregnant and it's a excuse to slate you? LOL!

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
Is it just me? We only told people this weekend that I was pregnant, and I had the comments of "I thought so - you've been looking really pasty and ill", "You look tired" and then the point at the belly and the "oooo I can see now!"

It just makes me laugh a bit - you say to someone you're pregnant and the comments are not all about how glowing you are - they're about how rubbish/fat you look! Anyone else, or is this just me?! :shrug: x

Yea I had that.
All I get is negativity =/.
The usual is we guessed because you look so pale all the time and you have put on weight, you used to be so strict about your diet we knew something was up.
You are wearing skirts all the time as your jeans probably don't fit hahahaha.

*slaps*.

I know your pain xx.

I had that with my coworkers - apparantly some of them had bets with their husbands as to whether or not I was pg.

Their husband's don't even know me!! :dohh:

I was wearing a dress today at work, which I don't normally do. Someone presumed it was a maternity dress and when I said it wasnt she said 'oh, did you just get a bigger size?' No! It's just a normal dress in my normal size. Obviously It looks like a tent or something...

This annoyed me more than if should have.

I had someone ask me "Are you and your husband still trying to get pregnant?" um well beings he's been deployed four months now, no we arent trying now and im 6 months pregnant. "OHH! You look great, I mean you can def tell youve put some weight on but I just thought that was food!" SLAPS. Thank you for the compliment then for just thinking I was fat!

I know what you mean - it's hard not to say something really rude back!!

Yep apparently I'm going to be a big momma when the babys born and my bum is sticking out! Lol

At work, I was eating blueberries and one of my co-workers came up to me. She looked at me eating the blueberries and said, "You know... pregnant women only need 300 more calories a day than normal women."

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: First of all, f*** you. Second, I've still only gained 2 pounds. Third, you're a dumb whore. And four, they're blueberries... BLUEBERRIES!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I was so mad. Mind your business. Man, looking at the language I just used, I'm not sure if I should be a mom. lol. :dohh:

At work, I was eating blueberries and one of my co-workers came up to me. She looked at me eating the blueberries and said, "You know... pregnant women only need 300 more calories a day than normal women."

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: First of all, f*** you. Second, I've still only gained 2 pounds. Third, you're a dumb whore. And four, they're blueberries... BLUEBERRIES!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I was so mad. Mind your business. Man, looking at the language I just used, I'm not sure if I should be a mom. lol. :dohh:

:rofl: the other day, I was in the kitchen and there was loads of food leftover from a client meeting so I helped myself to a tiny piece of individually packed cake slab (the Pret a Manger ones) and one of the directors came in and said "you having the WHOLE cake?" like it was a cake for 20 people or something! I was sooo mad, I just looked at him and said "yes of course, I'm supposed to be eating for two!"

I don't usually believe in the whole eating for two thingy and I know you are only supposed to have 200kcal extra but I was just so mad that he was questioning my food choice. What the hell has it got to do with him what I'm eating?! The only weight I've gained is on my bump. How dare he make a pregnant woman feel fat :growlmad:

ha ha its so true! my sister said to me oh i thought you were you are really glowing so i thought fantastic! made me feel really goo dabout myself! went upstairs told my grandad and he turned around and said i thought you were because i looked at your stomach and thought yes fat or pregnant . . .i was 4 weeks gone so it was fat but thanks lol

Is it just me? We only told people this weekend that I was pregnant, and I had the comments of "I thought so - you've been looking really pasty and ill", "You look tired" and then the point at the belly and the "oooo I can see now!"

It just makes me laugh a bit - you say to someone you're pregnant and the comments are not all about how glowing you are - they're about how rubbish/fat you look! Anyone else, or is this just me?! :shrug: x

Haha i had the exact same comments! Also with added "i thought you were putting on weight!" & "so are you pissing alot yet then?" lol Its funny the things people say to you & ask you! :laugh2:

lol my mil said she knew, like heck she did cause i wasnt even showing or sick, and never seen her enough for her to see any difference in me, now evertime she sees me she says "look at the size of you now" , puts me in a right downer, then my sil was in with her one day and said, ooh your very small and neat and the mil agreed whey her, like make your mind up :(

You girls make me feel so much better! my MIL that we never see.. we went to visit to announce our good news at 12 weeks and she said " I just knew it, i saw a picture on facebook a couple of weeks ago and I thought she is either getting pudgy or pregnant" REALLLLLY??? you never see me and that would have put me at 8 weeks so thanks for calling me fat.. your awesome...

That earlier post about your coworker and blueberries.. i was laughing so hard i almost cried!

my sil after listeneing good news from me said...oh really ...ok good to have babies with very small gap...after that she never called me again or ask about how i am feeling....

I was wearing a dress today at work, which I don't normally do. Someone presumed it was a maternity dress and when I said it wasnt she said 'oh, did you just get a bigger size?' No! It's just a normal dress in my normal size. Obviously It looks like a tent or something...

This annoyed me more than if should have.

Gosh! Some people are SO rude! Ignore them, I am sure you looked lovely !!:growlmad:

My mum said "i knew it! i knew you were pregnant!" ... but then again she says that about everything i get! I could have somethig wrong with me for weeks an she will say "i dunno what it could be, im totally stumped kim!" then when i go doctors an find out whats wrong shes like "i knew it!" lol

Would you believe I have more? I went for my 16 week check yesterday, and the midwife told me everything was good and I'm very healthy etc. Told the MIL to get the response "Really?" I mean what did she think was wrong with me? Couldn't resist and countered that one with "yup, and no HIV, hepatitis or syphilis or anything!". She didn't really know what to say to that one! :laugh2:

My MIL said to me a couple of weeks ago 'wow your bumps really coming on' to which I replied 'yeh I should hope so, it means my baby is growing'!!!!!!!!
I do get on with my MIL and she just laughed and agreed but some people's comments are just funny!

Oh my god, I've had this all the time since annoucing I'm pregnant - it's really insulting! x

I had that with my coworkers - apparantly some of them had bets with their husbands as to whether or not I was pg.

Their husband's don't even know me!! :dohh:

Oh my god, how rude! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"